Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 419202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion Thread

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: NBA 2012-13 Season

If Love stays healthy you are good to go. You got a possibly great shooter in Martin. Pek, Rubio, Love, Martin, not a bad starting unit. Health is main thing.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

This one also, almost a year since someone posted anything and it's 2 seasons late. Time for big summer clearance of sticky threads.

LOL @ what Scipio wrote in September. Yeah, that turned out well...

This about wraps up for Minnesota having a team. Contract that POS, and pull our state out of this garbage league. No reason to go see a National Babies Association game when you can go watch a respectable professional league like hockey just across town. Never seen so many millionaire whiners in my life.

And anyone who says this kid was just surprised is full of it. He was pissed, you can see it in his face. Who in the hell is super happy and surprised and doesn't smile??? NBA is a joke because it's run by the players and the vast majority of the players don't give two about their teams which in turn means they don't care about the fans, i.e. YOU. This kid wasn't even in the league yet, hadn't even proved himself, and he thought he was entitled to play for who he wanted. Thank god for the NBA because these chumps wouldn't cut it in the real world...

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by brandbll View Post
    LOL @ what Scipio wrote in September. Yeah, that turned out well...

This about wraps up for Minnesota having a team. Contract that POS, and pull our state out of this garbage league. No reason to go see a National Babies Association game when you can go watch a respectable professional league like hockey just across town. Never seen so many millionaire whiners in my life.

And anyone who says this kid was just surprised is full of it. He was pissed, you can see it in his face. Who in the hell is super happy and surprised and doesn't smile??? NBA is a joke because it's run by the players and the vast majority of the players don't give two about their teams which in turn means they don't care about the fans, i.e. YOU. This kid wasn't even in the league yet, hadn't even proved himself, and he thought he was entitled to play for who he wanted. Thank god for the NBA because these chumps wouldn't cut it in the real world...
    Why has this minor incident made you explode? Players on their teams all the time, like Chris Paul, Lebron, Carmelo, and Dwight to name some. What those guys pulled are above and beyond Lavine's flub.

Not saying that Lavine wasnt upset that he was picked by the Wolves, but would he really be stupid enough to show it on live TV?
    Last edited by jukeness; June 28, 2014 at 02:35 AM.

G-Megas-Doux's Avatar Vicarius

I'm looking forward to free agency. It should be good to see which teams that are rebuilding can put the best roster together.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Was looking for a Morrowind sig to use as big fan of the game found this from here so crediting from source http://paha13.deviantart.com/art/Morrowind-259489058

Also credit avatar from.
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/nickyart2/Avatars/Page2.htm

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Quote Originally Posted by jukeness View Post
    but would he really be stupid enough to show it on live TV?
    Yes. He's got limp handshake written all over him.

I live in what should be a sacred Basketball market and this player dominated league means we cant even sign a top tier FA because the little cabal that runs this league, just happens to include guys like Wade, who have consistently talked down the Bulls to anyone who will listen at summer leagues.

So yeah, if I were a fan in a perfectly good smaller market, I'd be a hugely alienated with how this player dominated league is treating those teams by making them backwaters. It's all about feeding of ego's on the East and West coast, tax havens and weather. It's absolutely pathetic.

That said, I cannot wait to see what the Heat do and, how the Spurs dismantle it again. If they give out two max contracts they will be in the same bad situation they were in two years, signing bum slayers to fill out their bench while team basketball runs them off the court.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

Its 1-1 between the Spurs and the Heat so if the Spurs system was so superior then it should have been 2-0. Give Miami credit for crushing SA in GM6 and winning a grueling series against a franchise that had never lost in the Finals before.

Give the Spurs credit for pacing themselves and trusting in there system to be as good if not much better(consistent at least) the 2nd time around. The supporting cast for the Heat didn't preform at the same level they did the previous year and SA I think was better which resulted in a not even close Finals. SA and Heat both deserve praise the last couple of years.

I hope LBJ doesn't go back to the Heat personally, I am a fan of his and not that team. Would like to see him play with other people and see what happens. Bosh or Melo to Houston would make my day as well.

Edit: Gordon Hayward get 63 million from Utah East(AKA da Hornets)
    Last edited by Scipio Afracanis; July 09, 2014 at 07:21 PM.
    1962, 1989, 2002

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

Eh, I dont know if Lavine was upset that he got drafted by the Wolves, I'm not going to say one or the other.

Rumor is it that Cleveland will offer Wiggins for Love if Lebron goes to Cleveland, or possibly even if he doesnt to entice him to. Go back home Lebron.

Love,Irving, LBJ, Tristan T. Waiters?

Not a bad lineup.
    1962, 1989, 2002

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

LeBron back to the Cavaliers. Official.

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/leb...land-cavaliers
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Wow, didn't think he had it in him to go back after the way that piece of Dan Gilbert treated him.

He is the better man and proved it.
    1962, 1989, 2002

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Lebron to Cleveland?

Rockets in full work stuff out mode, trying to get Lin to the Lakers so they can sign Bosh and possibly Parsons?

Edit:Ohhh, the crusher, Bosh gonna resign with Miami. Rockets left scrambling, Wade considering Chi town/ they considering him, now he gonna resign with Miami and try to get Melo......... From despair and ruin to possible relevance again for Heat. Houston which might be looking smart not giving Bosh 88 mill look the fool now unless they get someone else in the next 2 days.
    Last edited by Scipio Afracanis; July 11, 2014 at 04:46 PM.
    1962, 1989, 2002

Comes Limitis

88 mil for bosh is .... anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Considering that he just got max money from Heat, 118 mill, LBJ made Bosh a very rich man.
    1962, 1989, 2002

Anyone else notice that the Lakers just made even more money in China by the Jeremy Lin Trade especially as he will play Starters minutes this season due to Nash likely continuing injury woes and no other options better than Lin at PG?

Also Lebron going back to Cleveland not only made Bosh rich it is going to help Deng get the contract he is holding out for.

Was looking for a Morrowind sig to use as big fan of the game found this from here so crediting from source http://paha13.deviantart.com/art/Morrowind-259489058

Also credit avatar from.

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio Afracanis View Post
    Considering that he just got max money from Heat, 118 mill, LBJ made Bosh a very rich man.
    the nba is at this moment in full freak out stupid mode

everyone is overpaying

bosh for that money...lbj leaving...miami is ed
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Worst bit is that most front offices should have known better that building on the second tier works best for asset accumulation and keeping within the cap. Also it is easier to get a team that shares the Basketball. Look at the scramble now that LBJ and Melo are now signed up. Wizards resigning Gortat and Raptors resigning Lowrey were excellent pieces of business whist most front offices were pitching to their fairy tail wet dreams. Loul Deng is still on the market so anyone who needs a grade A defender is now in a direct bidding war and will probably have to pay more then he was asking during early stages of Free agency. Going to be some huge contract bloat from this off season.

Also credit avatar from.

Looks like Miami still want to chase after Lebron in 2 years. Signed Deng on a 2 year contract today. At least that's the buzz on Bleacher Report.

Also credit avatar from.

Conflicted since Rockets with Lin, Asik and Parsons were one of my favs to watch. Now they have all gone to other teams in the West I don't think I can watch the Rockets as presently constructed. Understand that Morey is moving in another direction away from run and gun but they were great to watch. Harden and Howard are the focal points and he is building around them, they need either a great PF or a above avg. PG to get out of the 1st round.(if they make it to the playoffs)

15 mill for Parson is steep and he would have been there 3rd player in Houston's Big 3. They did not see him as that player so now he join Dirk and Monta in Dallas. I will root for him since along with LBJ/Noah/Bogut he is one of my fav. players.
    1962, 1989, 2002