Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion Thread

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: NBA 2012-13 Season

Funny that Kevin Martin turned into a possible championship caliber team in Houston.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Angrychris's Avatar Primicerius

Lakers continue to make themselves look dumb and make things harder for themselves. Howards gonna have something to prove and the Lakers will barely be able to fend for themselves.

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

I guess you haven't been listening because in 2014 LBJ and Melo are coming to LA to help Kobe win a couple more rings..........
    1962, 1989, 2002

https://twitter.com/MettaWorldPeace
    Metta World Peace@MettaWorldPeace14h
    I'm retiring and playing hockey

Expand

I wonder do you guys think 2014 Nets will turn out like the 2013 Lakers? Anyways glad to see the Masai doing his job for the Team.
    Stay Scheming. #Raptors

Nets best player(future of there franchise) didn't join them this off season. They had a good core with Williams, Lopez and JJ. They added excellent veteran players with KG/PP and AK.

Lakers made a big move for Howard and even if they didn't win the championship(which they were supposed to) they won anyways because he would stay with them and reload there team with D-12. That all blew up in there face, they didn't get anything for him putting all there eggs in that basket and made another western conf. team alot better in the process.
    1962, 1989, 2002

Lbj and melo don't go to LA, melo (my fav player) has to be the guy on his team and in almost every game, it can't be like that with Kobe as a teammate. The nets are a ticket selling monster that will get 50 wins and be ousted in the second round of the playoffs. No depth outside a 6 man rotation including 2 senior citizens and the only AK in the world that jammed and hasn't worked since.

Melo isn't leaving New York. He's established in the NY market and the Knicks will throw money at him to keep him there.

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

The Knicks are stacked with great underrated players and I foresee a good year for them. As a NY fan in general (yankees, knicks) this could be the year to end the long championship drought, but it certainly won't be predictable. With the Rockets semi up, OKC back on their feet, Rose back in Chicago, and the Clippers outshining the Lakers, things will definitely be interesting.

Its definitely going to be one hell of an interesting season!

To me the Knicks are no closer than last year. Amare S. fell apart and sort of sold Melo a bag of beans. Look at the team compared to his denver teams. Tyson who is better than a K-mart, still has JR Smith, anyone as good as AI/Billups after that?

And the top of the East is better than them if they aren't hitting 3's. I think presently constructed the Nets could be a better team if there newly arrived players don't get injured/worn down.
    1962, 1989, 2002

Comes Limitis

Im happy another German named Dennis Schröder plays in the NBA next year, meanwhile playing his first off season game for the Hawks.

Lots of potential with this kid. Only real weakness of his is shooting of the dribbel, but other than that a well rounded player excelling in the most important point-guard traits with agessive defense and long arms, great passing, a secure 3 point shot, and isnt afraid to lead.

Also has a good head on his shoulders.
    Last edited by Thorn777; July 16, 2013 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

I love JJ.V 's summer performance thus far, looking forward to a great Sophmore season. Also can't wait to see Hansbrough fit in with Amir Johnson, and J.V.
    Stay Scheming. #Raptors

JV better do something, else he's on his way to a bust call

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

I'm pretty happy with what the Wolves did this offseason. I believe Flip knows how to put together and balance a team over David Kahn x10. Last years team was built for failure with all the white people and injury prone players. Picked up some athletic players like Corey Brewer and a three point shooter Kevin Martin. Also I think the bench is pretty deep now. In my opinion you need a good bench with role players that do what they do if you want a good team.

happyho's Avatar chillipies

Quote Originally Posted by zeus
    JV better do something, else he's on his way to a bust call
    Please keep the nonsense quotient in your future posts to a minimum, thanks.

edit: What the hell is with the double post?
    Patronized by Corporal_Hicks

and Patron of Rhinosaur, Spartan_Shame and Captain Blackadder

Idk what JV your thinking of but the one I got in mind won't average 12pts a game. sorry

as for the timberwolves, kahns useless, and my opinion of Flip is only slightly higher than that. Not a fan of Kevin Martin but the man can shoot the three and get to the line. Unless Derrick Williams can play like a starting forward or you guys manage to find another shooter, more disappointment, I see.

Underdog sleeper this year is a team high in firepower in the Golden-StateWarriors. Rockets 2st round ouster, lakers 1st.
    Sry now I'm just prattling on lol.

! My bad it dawned on me, your talking about Jonas Valacunias (I butchered the last name I know I did)
    i was thinking Jan Vesley. (gotta say, I think the first is only slightly more promising)
    Last edited by Darth Red; July 22, 2013 at 08:18 AM. Reason: double post

Angrychris's Avatar Primicerius

Kobe's gonna die on the court and Laker fans wouldn't want it any other way. Not like we have a choice.

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

arten800's Avatar Civis

LAKERS ARE ED NEXT SEASON PLEASE FIRE D'ANTONI PHIL COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER MITCH YOU DUMBASS

Mitch should start rebuilding so get young rooks with great potential Mitch and fire D'Antoni he's style of basketball i.e Run and Gun is not fit for LA defense wins games not offense
    Last edited by Darth Red; July 22, 2013 at 08:20 AM. Reason: double post/hard to read/censor bypass
    ARE YOU READY,LETS GO,PUT YA GUNS ON!-Date Masamune[Sengoku Basara]

NBA coming back pretty soon.

Team that I am looking forward to watching this season: Houston(they were fun to watch last season plus Howard = great drama)
    Golden State(my fav. player Bogut plays there, even though he breaks down to much now I still love to watch him play when he can plus Iggy with the Splash Bros)
    Nets( I like Lopez and now KG and PP don't have to carry the team, just be role players and get it done in clutch time. Plus there not in Boston so I can root for them)
    1962, 1989, 2002

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

Budinger having knee surgery for cartilage problems, doesn't sound too good for the long haul but will only miss 6-8 weeks. Seriously, don't overlook or lok down on the Wolves this year, I firmly believe this is the year they break their playoff drought and the West is weak this year.