Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Thread: NBA Discussion Thread

Thorn777's Avatar Tribunus Augusticlavii
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: NBA 2012-13 Season

Mavs will be fun to watch. PG spot and bench though looks bad....

"There is no such thing as an independent press. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone. The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes."
    John Swinton, Chief of Staff, NY Times.

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Equites Cohortales
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn777 View Post
    Mavs will be fun to watch. PG spot and bench though looks bad....
    I think all of the World Cup nonsense has clouded your judgment, Dallas has Raymond Felton so................
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Well we added Rashard Lewis, so there is that...I hope we can get Mo Williams and give Tyson Chandler a real run for his money on the defensive end with that stacked offensive.

Poor Tyson at this age.

Well, also hope Marion comes back to take some of that weight of his shoulders.

Also Lance to Charlotte seems a done deal. How could the Hawks be so arrogant and sleep on him.

"There is no such thing as an independent press. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone. The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes."

jukeness's Avatar Pili Prior
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

After what happened to Paul George I'm very happy that Love was pulled off of team USA.

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Equites Cohortales
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

True, got to protect the Cavs new player.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

ccllnply's Avatar Centurio Primus Ordine
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: NBA Discussion Thread

So anyone here actually still following the NBA? I read this interesting article this morning about Kobe and the Lakers.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/feature...ers/index.html

Thoughts?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    So anyone here actually still following the NBA? I read this interesting article this morning about Kobe and the Lakers.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/feature...ers/index.html

Thoughts?
    Stupid NBA pundit talk.

Kobe already won everything and Kobe wants to be a Laker. Its like staying true to Barca the last few years after winning everything with them and not joining another trophy hunt somewhere else. Its like the people asking what if Kobe had stayed with a solid Charlotte team in his rookie year. Kobe wanted to be a Laker back then already. Kobe does what Kobe wants.

And money? Well I think Kobe, looking at his roster and the Laker situation knew a paycut wouldnt help them to the extend that they could build a real contending team, Dirk knew that a paycut would give his team in his situation that.

ccllnply's Avatar Centurio Primus Ordine
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

To be honest, I was of a similar opinion. I mean, I imagine at the age of 36, having spent 18 years at the one club with 5 NBA rings, most people would just see out their career in the place they are comfortable. I mean why get a trade to another club for one year and risk your reputation when there's a very high chance you won't even win a title.

Still though, I just find it interesting the NBA employ these pundits who are critical of the game and players in it. It's very much an American thing, if not just an NBA thing and it's nice to see.

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I'm a Lakers fan since a was 5 and Kobe's fan as well. He's right about owners shifting the blame on the players for maximising their salaries while making huge profits themselves. And he did leave almost 10 million dollars on the table with his latest ridiculous contract. He was eligible to get a 34+ mil salary, instead he opted for 25 mil. Plus, comparing revenues (and subsequently salaries available) of the Lakers and, let's say, San Antonio is laughable. There's that.
    However, I can't watch Lakers this season, and Bryant as well. It's just too painful.
    My only hope that in two years, when he retires, Lakers can pull a magic trick and bring in my new favorite Anthony Davis...

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Thread Information