Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion Thread

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: NBA 2012-13 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio Afracanis View Post
    Rockets make a decent trade with the Kings to get a top 5 pick player in Robinson and giving up a couple of there so so Forwards.

Edit: Harden puts up 46 on the Thunder beats them with a great 4thQ comeback.
    Harden and Lin dropped 75 on the Thunders, yikes.

The trade seems pretty good, Robinson at worst is Patterson with a skill set that better suits the Rocket's needs. and has a decent chance of being better. they also free up some playing time for Montejiunas I'd guess.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Robinson supposedly(don't watch many Kings games) is a better defender and rebounder but doesn't shoot the 3 which Patterson did. I think it ok because Asik needs help inside.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Publius Clodius Pulcher's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by mrmouth View Post
    Yeah, it adds up, but it is still unbelievable. For some reason my mind thinks it shouldn't.

Anyhow it wont happen again. LBJ will be up for grabs in two years. So they have two more chances.
    Yea the Heat are actually gonna be in cap hell come 2014, cause those 3 guys, while taking less money, signed their contracts under a different CBA. If they don't want to pay 30 mil in cap hits every season, at least one of the big 3 will be gone

Rest in Peace Smokin Levon Helm

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

So the Pacers beat the team with the second best record in the East by almost 40, and theres not one article, not even a recap on ESPN. LMAO, Big Market bias is just annoying sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    So the Pacers beat the team with the second best record in the East by almost 40, and theres not one article, not even a recap on ESPN. LMAO, Big Market bias is just annoying sometimes.
    I think it's more that everyone think the Knicks are overrated anyway so no one's surprised to see them get crushed
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

^this. The biggest surprise is that Pacers scored 125. They're fantastic defensively, but their offensive plays are primitive

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    ^this. The biggest surprise is that Pacers scored 125. They're fantastic defensively, but their offensive plays are primitive
    They had 74 at the half lol. This and all of the sudden Granger comes back? I mean they are really starting to shape up like a title contender.

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Indiana is close enough to Chicago to understand that regular season wizardry means nothing once the playoffs arrive. They can give the Heat as good of a run as they did last year. The Heat are better, too. But anything can happen. LeBron could be abducted by aliens.

I like the Pacers a lot. I mean Im a bit sore that they would cheerlead during a win with Rose out, but I really like that we have a tough, gritty matchup again. It is as close to the Bulls/Knicks of the 90's that you can feel in today's NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius Clodius Pulcher View Post
    Yea the Heat are actually gonna be in cap hell come 2014, cause those 3 guys, while taking less money, signed their contracts under a different CBA. If they don't want to pay 30 mil in cap hits every season, at least one of the big 3 will be gone
    I think it jumps every year. You pay $5 for every $1 over the cap. But when you become a flagrant violator they start tacking on other things that make it much more expensive.

They just had a Heat radio guy on the local radio here and he was saying that Wade is gone in two years when the LBJ contract needs to be dealt with. (But people really think he wont stay. I think he has to end his career in Cleveland. And he will be around 30 at that point.)

So that would suggest that ownership would pay the first year luxury tax to go after another title before the thing implodes. Wade has serious NBA miles on those legs. He could conceivably retire.

Although not as bad as Deng at this point in his career. So that is scary.
    Last edited by mrmouth; February 21, 2013 at 02:03 PM.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

I would have to say that the Bulls are about the same on defense as the Pacers and definately better on offense with or without Rose. The Pacers may be a top 3 seed in the East, but they wont beat the Heat, it's not gonna happen.

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Quote Originally Posted by jukeness View Post
    I would have to say that the Bulls are about the same on defense as the Pacers and definately better on offense with or without Rose.
    I would actually say it is the other way around. The Bulls have a pretty bad offense this year. But they did hold the best team in the NBA to under 100 pts, which is an achievement at the moment with the Heat playing so well. So that is somewhat of a silver lining from the beating tonight.
    Last edited by mrmouth; February 21, 2013 at 10:48 PM.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

I would take the Pacers 4 out of 7 games against the Bulls both without there top players. Rose is much more valuable since nobody ala Paul George has stepped on the Bulls and even if they did Thibs would run them into the ground........
    1962, 1989, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio Afracanis View Post
    Robinson supposedly(don't watch many Kings games) is a better defender and rebounder but doesn't shoot the 3 which Patterson did. I think it ok because Asik needs help inside.
    well Patterson is a much more polished player at this stage, there were reasons that Robinson essentially ended up on the back end bench of a god awful team.

It could be that Robinson is a complete bust, though I find that unlikely to be honest. and even if he was, the whole process of them drafting him 5th overall, then essentially bench him after 10 game and trade him after 50 for someone who is basically a marginal starter / decent rotational guy on the back end of his rookie contract. is a total disaster.

Patterson is a decent player, but you don't trade top 5 draft picks for "decent players". even in the best best case all you can say is that the Kings salvaged an epic failure of talent evaluation, and more likely a complete failure of player development.(since it's not like they went out their ways to draft him, most people thought he should have went as high as #2.)

He looks surprisingly unpolished for a high profile 3 year college guy, but there's no doubt that he's a well above average athlete and isn't completely devoid of basketball sense. it could easily be a proof that the Kings turn almost any decent player into scrubs while the Rockets turn scrubs into decent players
    Last edited by RollingWave; February 22, 2013 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeness View Post
    I would have to say that the Bulls are about the same on defense as the Pacers and definately better on offense with or without Rose. The Pacers may be a top 3 seed in the East, but they wont beat the Heat, it's not gonna happen.
    Actually if the Pacers continue this pace on defense, this teams D is going to be one of the top ten of all time. So, the Bulls D is very, very good, but the Pacers are a clear step aaove when the Bulls dont have Rose, in both offense and defense. Think, we're adding a great player coming from injury, almost like a mid season trade. And I also believe that they are a year removed from being like 7th in offense, they might actually find their stride now.

Raptors looking decent as suspected with Gay, a healthy(for now) Lowry and some of there young players doing well with an established All Star on there team.
    1962, 1989, 2002

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

There's absolutely no way this is real. Right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=j2AlFrOj5Mc

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Toronto is a weird team but all it takes is mediocrity to get in in the East.

meanwhile , since John Wall returned the Wizards have been playing at a rate that would have made them a top 4 team in the East. too bad they sucked so much before that. In the recent span they beat a bunch of playoff bound Western conference team including the Clippers / Nuggets / Rockets etc..

Lakers lost to the Nuggets, though pretty much everyone loses to them in Denver, Jazz also lose so it's a good day for the Rockets.

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by therussian View Post
    There's absolutely no way this is real. Right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=j2AlFrOj5Mc
    It looks kind of weird when he is gliding over that guy, I dont think it's real.

Angrychris's Avatar Primicerius

Lakers will make the playoffs barely then get destroyed.

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

Its interesting because I don't want the Lakers to make the playoffs but I sort of do since they would give the Spurs/Thunder some real trouble, maybe not GSW/Memphis type of historic trouble but at least 6 games.
    1962, 1989, 2002

The Kings took the Heat to Overtime in Miami? what the hell?

As for Lakers: they might have a chance unseating Utah or GSW I guess , but it's not a very good one.