Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion Thread

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: NBA 2012-13 Season

Couldn't believe that when I read it on another site. Wow.

Kobe Death Gaze Indeed.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

It's LA. They deserve all of it.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

Wolves welcome the Pacers into Minneapolis tonight and are going to send them packing with a loss. No Granger no win.

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

Bulls surely favorites for the Central division now. We came a few possessions away from beating the Thunder last night. No Rose. That's where we miss him, those final few minutes.

Leaders in final 2min scoring last season: Durant, Kobe, Rose.
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com

Yay, another division.

What is obvious to me after last night is Deng is an elite player. He really held Durant in check for all but 3 minutes of the game. And then he just became unstoppable. Maybe Lebron could shut him down. Maybe.

Deng is still an under-rated defender it seems. Probably the best defender on the roster right now. Gibson is good and Asik was good but both are more about rim-defending than Deng who is capable of, as you said, almost shutting down the league's best scorer.

Deng is the ONLY player I've seen who's given LeBron real difficulty getting his favorite looks. LeBron respects him.

Whooooo!!! Kirilenko(who by the way is playing out of his mind) finds Budinger cutting to the basket on a defensive failure by the Pacers to make the shot with 2 seconds left and win the game. Get packin Pacers. Woves couldnt stop the Pacers for in the final 8 minutes, nor them us. The mastermind that is David Kahn has made incredible additions to the team, and Adelman is making them work together. Kahn for GM of the year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jukeness View Post
    Whooooo!!! Kirilenko(who by the way is playing out of his mind) finds Budinger cutting to the basket on a defensive failure by the Pacers to make the shot with 2 seconds left and win the game. Get packin Pacers. Woves couldnt stop the Pacers for in the final 8 minutes, nor them us. The mastermind that is David Kahn has made incredible additions to the team, and Adelman is making them work together. Kahn for GM of the year!!!
    You Heard It Here First Folks!

The 4th time Reggie Miller was complaining about Boozer I turned off the broadcast.........
    1962, 1989, 2002

Wolves vs Bulls tonight. I smell a defensive battle.

Story of the game: Derrick Williams contributes greatly for the Bulls, Wolves couldnt hit their shots, Ridnour couldnt stay in front of Nate ever, and the Wolves had a terrible 4th quarter on both sides. I could probably add that Barea and Roy were both out, and Budinger got hurt late, so that makes 5 injuries, I guess we're going for a record, it needs to stop. I will say, the Bulls played pretty good defense, even though the Wolves missed a lot of open shots.

Bulls held Wolves to 30.2% shooting in final quarter.

Hey -- Clippers have 'Lawler's Law' (First team to 100 wins), for Bulls it's Thibodeau's Truism -- First team to 80pts wins. 100% accurate tonight.

Also Kemba Walker and MKG will be one of the best back-court pairings in the league in a few seasons. Combined tonight for 51pts. Kemba with 26pts, 7 assists, 6 rebounds and an insane EIGHT steals. Near-quadruple double.

Derrick Williams vs Carlos Boozer, battle of who's the worst player on the floor

advantage: Derrick Williams. But it was close

Someone posted this on ESPN: Lock Boozer and Williams in a gym and they'd both somehow end up dead. Makes me laugh because they are both bumbling fools. It's like they have no sense of what they are doing. Williams definately gets the edge tonight, 0-10, please. The game before against rhe Pacers he did really good, I guess this game made up for it. That figures, the Wolves finally get the #2 pick and get a player who could be one day an all star and look who he is now.

Hes young though so there's still hope.

Boozer is....old...and his athleticism is all but gone...and he has no defensive instincts whatsoever

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Quote Originally Posted by King Nud View Post
    Bulls held Wolves to 30.2% shooting in final quarter.

Hey -- Clippers have 'Lawler's Law' (First team to 100 wins), for Bulls it's Thibodeau's Truism -- First team to 80pts wins. 100% accurate tonight.

Also Kemba Walker and MKG will be one of the best back-court pairings in the league in a few seasons. Combined tonight for 51pts. Kemba with 26pts, 7 assists, 6 rebounds and an insane EIGHT steals. Near-quadruple double.
    MKG is a SF, but I agree regardless.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by RZZZA View Post
    Boozer is....old
    Go back and look a the arc of his shot back when he entered the league. It keeps getting higher because he cannot jump anymore. It could conceivably hit the rafters at some point.

Actually he will be out of the league before that. Bulls are going to eat all of that contract if they amnesty him.

What team wants that?

Quote Originally Posted by King Nud View Post
    Deng is still an under-rated defender it seems.
    He's underrated all around. Still. I dont know why it took me this long to call him elite. I mean it isn't just the defense.

If he could just dribble...
    Last edited by mrmouth; November 11, 2012 at 02:27 AM.

Chase Budinger tears lateral meniscus in left knee, out 2 months. You'd think i'd be pissed, but I'm actually relieved, it looked like it could've been a whole lot worse, we might have actually caughten a break. So, 3 players out for over 2 months, and the season just started, we are cursed. Budinger is really needed too, he is one of few wing players, and he can hit an open shot, time for someone to step up, maybe Shved, maybe Derrick Williams. As of today, the Wolves have 5 people out, Roy might play tomorrow, and Barea might play Wednesday, so we are getting 2 players back at least. I'm still not too worried, as we showed we can play defense and score without Barea and Roy, so when they come back, they should more than equal out Budinger and Wolves will still be able to win games.

Lakers have hired D'Antoni OVER PHIL ELEVEN RINGS TRIANGLE OFFENSE JACKSON.

WOW. HAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA.

Isn't he having surgery thats gonna keep him out 6 weeks?
    1962, 1989, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio Afracanis View Post
    Isn't he having surgery thats gonna keep him out 6 weeks?
    Budinger? The recovery time is usually 2 months.