Thread: Some questions....

Default Some questions....

1. Will there be a Mongol horde in the game?

2. Will there be beserker type units?Okay, maybe not the naked screaming uncontrollable ones in BI, but maybe you guys can put an elite samurai unit with heroic level of morale and yet still obey orders?

3. To what extent that the factions can build Christian buildings?Up to basilicas maybe?

4. Speaking of religions, will they have a huge impact on population happiness and stability like in BI?I might be wrong here, but religious conflicts in Japan were not as serious as in the West...

5. I suppose we will not be able to recruit gunpowder units until the Portuguese contact?

Default Re: Some questions....

Quote Originally Posted by Slim_Ghost
    1. Will there be a Mongol horde in the game?
    No.

2. Will there be beserker type units?Okay, maybe not the naked screaming uncontrollable ones in BI, but maybe you guys can put an elite samurai unit with heroic level of morale and yet still obey orders?
    The No-Dachi Samurai unit will be closest to anykind of Berserker unit.

3. To what extent that the factions can build Christian buildings?Up to basilicas maybe?
    We wont reveal just yet,how the religions will play out.

4. Speaking of religions, will they have a huge impact on population happiness and stability like in BI?I might be wrong here, but religious conflicts in Japan were not as serious as in the West...
    There will be religious unrest,just like there were in history.

5. I suppose we will not be able to recruit gunpowder units until the Portuguese contact?
    You are right.No you cant.There has been debate on limited amount of Chinese muskets imported to Japan,before arrival of Europeans.But the amounts were so low that those didnt have any influence on warfare.

-Kage :original:

Default Re: Some questions....

Hmm no-dachi samurai you say?I guess that they must be heavily armoured, highly disciplined, fight just like Lombard beserkers AND strong against cavalry too ( as I have read so far). Wow....they must be godlike!
    Frankly speaking I think that the LBs are way too overpowered. They rape First Cohort Legionnaires like they are virgins, can chase down skirmishers and they can even take on heavy cavalry if not flanked, not to mention they are damn cheap and easy to recruit. My suggestion is that the requirements for training no-dachi samurai be made stricter. Maybe the players can only train them along with the same dojo level of the naginata samurai, for the sake of fair gameplay and the historical fact that no-dachis are very difficult to forge and master the usage. I hope there'll be no ashigarus and samurais alike flying all over the place though, the no-dachis aren't supposed to be the godly weapon of mass infantry destruction.