Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Assembly Kit Q&A - Documentation questions!

Default Re: Assembly Kit Q&A - Documentation questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted View Post
    Try deleting the existing start pos file before reprocessing it, that may help.
    I did
    Well I renamed it so I could get it back easily, but there was no startpos.esf in that folder
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

There's a start pos in the working data folder. In any case after clicking 'Start' the game tried to load and then crash. Does not affect the actual game though but no mod.pack created.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

*bump*

I'm still getting crashes when trying to change turns per year for Gempei (ROTS).

After editing through DAVe, click apply and close the program.

There's so log error for BoB I think. I wonder if it helps posting it.

1. Whats wrong with the unit editor? ( no-one can get it working as far as I know).
    2. Why can't I get my steam workshop mod to self-update for love nor money?

Thankyou, I am looking forward to playing Rome 2

CraigTW's Avatar Ducenarius

We're going to issue an update that will hopefully fix the unit editor issue. If people are having trouble with the campaign map startpos reprocessing, we'd recommend trying again after this fix also.

CraigTW's Avatar Ducenarius

Just to let you all know that the first Q&A poll is up on the wiki. Please vote on this if you're interested in knowing the answer to any of the questions. We'll answer the top five questions initially, one at a time per week.

If you still have outstanding questions, please continue to add them to this thread.
    Last edited by CraigTW; October 10, 2012 at 05:26 AM.

I've also posted up some info on file paths on the wiki: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/File_paths

With raw_data it doesn't really matter too much as you can specify destination folders in rules.bob files.
    Senior Designer

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

My question has the mroe votes so far!

If you answer, please make it a broad answer and explain if there are differences between ETW/NTW and S2.

If you want more questions, I have many in store

I'm getting this error in the log.

Duration: 31 msec(s)

=== Campaign / Process start pos (jap_gempei) ===
    Failed to save startpos.esf in e:/mod pack/modding project/assembly kit/working_data/campaigns/jap_gempei/!

=====================================
    Duration: 7 sec(s)
    There's a lot more actually but maybe that helps.

The mod pack is created successfully but even enabled the changes does not take effect. I'm trying to make ROTS runs for 12 turns per year.

There's no startpos.esf created in the working data folder.

Ok first make sure that you delete your existing mod tools and redownload. I thought the steam update automatically fixed it but it didn't. You can tell if you have the updated version by going into unit editor. If it still crashes then you've got the old version.

Then do exactly as Daniu describes on page two. Next, and this is what was giving me trouble, you need to delete the blank bob files in these locations

(example: C:\Shogunmodtools\working_data\campaigns\jap_boshin)

There's one blank bob file in each of the campaign folders and that's what was screwing me up. After that you can just use the default bob file in the working data folder which will catch everything or you can edit to be more specific. Just make sure you capture all the folders that are ticked when you do Daniu's first step. Hope that makes sense.

Ok, the real world has conspired to keep me from taking all but a cursory glance at the new mod tools, so i apologize for any asinine questions..
    Firstly i was wondering if anyone in the community or CA could tell me what 3rd party software is used in creation/manipulation of their mo-capped animations (the wireframe skeletons), wondering if by chance it is autodesks motionbuilder (seems sensible as 3dmax seems to be their choice for finishing 3d models), any information in this area would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm trying to determine if an xbox kinect(or three) is a feasible route for creating our own mo-cap animations, I know you can use a kinect to create mo-cap skeletons in motionbuilder, and something tells me most in this community do not have 20k to spend on a mo-cap studio, so a DIY method is sorely needed if we want to do any total conversions

Hi

How do I use the edited data? I have succesfully edited Units data and saved, but when starting a new game it still uses old data. Hopefully a simple answer for someone in the know?

Quote Originally Posted by rainkloud View Post
    Ok first make sure that you delete your existing mod tools and redownload. I thought the steam update automatically fixed it but it didn't. You can tell if you have the updated version by going into unit editor. If it still crashes then you've got the old version.

Then do exactly as Daniu describes on page two. Next, and this is what was giving me trouble, you need to delete the blank bob files in these locations

(example: C:\Shogunmodtools\working_data\campaigns\jap_boshin)

There's one blank bob file in each of the campaign folders and that's what was screwing me up. After that you can just use the default bob file in the working data folder which will catch everything or you can edit to be more specific. Just make sure you capture all the folders that are ticked when you do Daniu's first step. Hope that makes sense.
    You mean in the working_data folder ? I deleted that but still when trying to pac the mod.pack the game started (though crashed) and the error still says something about startpos stuff not created.

The unit editor seems to be working though I did not finish one yet. Just trying create new units and replacing parts etc. It was fun but the the Tweak CTD after I clicked few items in succession.

Probably need to add more rams to the pc.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

startpos reprocessing works for me now .

It is now time...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Akaie; October 10, 2012 at 08:56 PM. Reason: I forgot to place the guns upon my person.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Mind telling me how ? Step-by-step ?

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Well, half of my problems seemed to be a result of long file names, as daniu highlights here. I stuck the tools into the directory "E:\mod_tools" which was nice and short. From there, I could reprocess the startpos to the extent that loading a new campaign would cause a CTD (that is no longer an issue).

Honestly, there isn't much to describe. Extract the tools into a folder like I did above, run TWeak & DAVE, change something very simple like a clan's treasury, exit TWeak and open Bob, tick the box beside the particular startpos.esf for which you did the treasury edit, hit 'start' which will begin reprocessing, and sit back as the game runs through a frontend and campaign load. If the game didn't crash, the list of actions should be all green. Package the startpos.esf (I admit I'm still using PFM for this) and do a practical test (before the patch, I went up to here without an issue but suffered a CTD when loading the campaign; that bug is no longer an issue for me).
    Last edited by Akaie; October 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

I actually did just a simple change. What I did after the patch comes out was :-

1. Deleted the old one from Shogun 2/modding and re-download a new one.
    2. Unpack to E:\Modding\Project\Assembly Kit
    3. Changed the game path to E:\Game Files\Steam\.........Shogun 2
    4. Run Tweak>DAVe.. as Daniu explained earlier
    5. Changed under Gempei column for turns per year from 4 to 14 and click apply (the file close).
    6. Close DAVe and open BoB.
    7. Select the gempei campaign under raw data column and also the mod.pack thing is the last column.
    8. Run the program.

It always crash when processing the startpos according to the log.

No mod.pack created in the retail/data and the startpos.esf (?) is missing in the working data folder/campaign... folder.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    5. Changed under Gempei column for turns per year from 4 to 14 and click apply (the file close).
    I didn't get around to try myself yesterday (realized I hadn't played the game in ages so I started a Chonsu campaign I couldn't let go of ), but maybe the turns per year have to be divisible by 4?
    Did you try processing the campaign without changing anything first? Always good to establish a baseline when looking for problems.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Sorry. It should be 12 not 14 (type). Tried also with 8. I will try later when I get home for a clean processing.

I also deleted the blob/bob (?) file from working_data\campaign folder as suggested by rainkloud.

Later I will try as Akaie suggesting and uppacking directly to E:\mod_project or something.

I ahev to add that the unit editor works fine and very user friendly. Just hope that there'll later be new parts that can be added and use, either user or CA created. Wanted to created Kensei hero unit for each ROTS clans.

Failed to save startpos.esf in e:/mod pack/modding project/assembly kit/working_data/campaigns/jap_gempei/!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast