Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dev Screens

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Dev Screens

This thread will be updated with all the latest WIP I am doing and will have the latest link for patches.

Patch 1.1.5 I've been working on this for awhile , with a generous amount of bugfixes making a much more stable campaign.

Recommended that you play on the alexander.exe or rometw.exe.

Look here for instructions on what the target line of your shortcut should look like.

Latest patch.

If you've run into any bugs that you think I should know about and try to fix let me know so I can include it in the patch. Thanks.

This is also a standalone patch, all other patches are included,within this new content.

Installation Instructions For Patch 1.1.5

1. Download

2. Use a 7zip extractor to decompress it. This one is recommended.

3. Open up the patch0.8 folder and copy all the files and paste them into your CATW/Data directory.

Bugfixes, changes, additional content..etc

Standalone patch. All others included in this one.

Animations overhaul.

DMB fixes of 35+ texture errors, 20+ missing texture lines added.

Expect a stable campaign now without crashes during battles. Report back if there are and which units were in the army.

Everything in the DMB is fine. Only a file with improper dds encoding would cause a crash when loading a battle from now on with this patch.

Several errors fixed in EDB and EDU.

New formations from sinhuet modified for CATW are in it.

Includes an alexander.exe patch as promised by coco, it will be playable on alexander now, in fact its highly recommended.

A 6 turns per year script and force diplomacy script are included in this patch.

A specific adjustment to formations_ai to calibrate it for alexander.exe to prevent CTD's upon ambush.

Bugfix for CTD upon winning campaign conditions for romans.

Cheers all.
    Last edited by z3n; November 07, 2012 at 05:59 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: A New (Bugfixing) Patch

Awsome +Rep

There is one thing i remember, The epirote army that starts off outside of their capital just sits there turn after turn untill you attack it. Maybe you could script somethin to make them go somewhere and start expanding?Maybe to sail to southern Italia and take Tarentum like they did in history would be nice.

Anyway thanks agian,
    Eva
    Last edited by Evalation; October 03, 2012 at 05:06 PM.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

Quote Originally Posted by Evalation View Post
    Awsome +Rep

There is one thing i remember, The epirote army that starts off outside of their capital just sits there turn after turn untill you attack it. Maybe you could script somethin to make them go somewhere and start expanding?Maybe to sail to southern Italia and take Tarentum like they did in history would be nice.

Anyway thanks agian,
    Eva
    Yeah I could. Now that you mention it I recall some no movement area around their capital for some reason or another. Same with a pontic town, will see what I can do about those. In the mean time I will move the army to another place on the map. Perhaps Southern Italy.

No problem!
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

There are at least 35 texture errors I fixed. As coco said he was not the best coder with the DMB.

But no worries I spent hours poring over this DMB that's definitely the last of them.

If you do encounter a CTD during a battle please let me know and tell me where the CTD occurred at e.g. 3/4th of the loading bar done or whatnot.

By the way this is not the extent of the patch, I figured this was a mandatory thing I should put out immediately. The rest of the patch is coming soon, no worries there at all. I am just fixing and experimenting a bit more to make it all the better.
    Last edited by z3n; October 04, 2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: file removed,included updated file in patch
    The AI Workshop Creator

Awsome, Redownloading CATW atm.

Edit:I noticed the generals could use some better traits. Id like to add some traits to the generals like RS2,
    Example for a Roman, Consul, Preator,Tribunus Militum, Propraetor of Hispania, Proconsul, etc...
    Greek: Strategos, Commander of the Agema, Archon of Athens, Etc...

But for now ill just continue looking for other bugs cuz i dont even know how to change traits :/
    Last edited by Evalation; October 04, 2012 at 12:07 AM.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

Updated post with the 0.8 link.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Default Re: [Important]Patch Version 1.1.5

Please note that this is a very important patch! Download and install it as soon as possible if you intend to play CATW without any CTD's. Suggested exe is alexander as it is the one I have tested this on. If you do get any CTD's report back here and follow coco's instructions in the OP.

Coco was missing an experienced coder and wanted me to help in CATW but I did not have the time until these past months to do some serious coding. Thus the CTD's should be solved ,unless there is a problem with dds encoding and I think coco found all of those but as far as I have tested it everything seems fine.

On a side note I cleaned up the OP.

The two bugs I know of on the campaign map are being looked into. Full patch is out soon.

Feel free to say a few words of support and encouragement.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Default Re: [Important] Patch Version 1.1.5

Boss. nuff said

OP updated with an updated an optional DMB that adds back the overhand animation for the hoplite troop types.

Somethings screwed up with the uploaded link, let me check things and then reupload.
    Last edited by z3n; October 09, 2012 at 07:05 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator

As I said, I need feedback, one of my friends told me there is a corruption in the animations that were uploaded another got it to work though. I really do need your feedback for these patches...

In other news, tentatively fixed a bug during which an undescribed rebel type in a certain seleucid region crashes the game when scrolling over the campaign map. I need more tests to confirm but I played relatively far into one campaign and haven't reencountered it after implementing a fix. I also changed up descr_cultures a bit to allow free watch tower building as per a buddies list of what he would like to see. Also working on a formation type for the romans that another doesn't like happening. More WIP involves the one last bug I mentioned that I have found in my testing of the campaign map, it doesn't involve CTD's but is annoying for the faction.

Even if you have been a guest for years and are just trawling the forums please sign up just to give me feedback since I'm working hard on this.

Please tell me if this one works for all of you. Thanks.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22424721/patch0.85.7z
    The AI Workshop Creator

Another step in the right direction with the successful annihilation of several bugs that prevented the play-ability of Bosphorus and partially of Epirus. There were coding conflicts (as hypothisized by coco) in the descr_strat that caused an enemy zone of control to appear around the only 3 towns that Bosphorus owned and the capital of Epirus (Ambracia aka Epirus).

Evalation requested this fix for Epirus here
    . As you can see, I do act on feedback, please give me it.

These conflicts are fixed in this new descr_strat, paste it into your catw\data\world\maps\campaign\mundus_magnus. Or download the zip file and unzip it into your CATW folder or onto your desktop and then copy it and paste it over your CATW/data.

edit-
    (please note that these uploads are outdated.)
    Last edited by z3n; January 31, 2013 at 01:06 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Awsome, everythings workin like it should now.

+ rep agian

It just occurred to me to say that this patch will not be save game compatible due to the existence of the descr_strat file included within it and have no fear a new patch will soon be here.
    The AI Workshop Creator

A note to say that there is a new addition is coming out soon with many exciting features that add to the game. It will possibly the final addition since it includes such a wide range of features but I will work on 1.1.6 if anyone has thoughts as to what can be improved or any bugs that I can fix.

And a few things as to what is going on.

1. New 2d.

2. New battle script that will help increase the BAI's capability.

3. Traits overhaul in progress.

4. EDU tinkering underway.

5. New selection of music. (optional)

6. Revised formations.

7. Updated vegetation file.

8. Bugfix for Illyrian towns having a no movement range around them.
    Last edited by z3n; October 26, 2012 at 06:08 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Default Re: Developer Update Thread

A full release of 1.1.6 is coming soon

A sneak preview of whats in 1.1.7

A huge update (worthy of being 1.1.7 alone without any additonal content...that's how much work this is! ) to the adviser, she will now be giving you some interesting and hopefully not to long winded historical facts for each date on every single date (hopefully "every"). I also revised the script so that is now a 4TPY, 6TPY seems to long a campaign.

Some new additions to skies will be there to, either in the 1.1.6 release or 1.1.7.

The EDU tweaks will either be in 1.1.6 or 1.1.7.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Sounds great, although, I do like the six turns per year, it allows the player to play without having to rush to have a general meet their potential or something along those lines.
    Also, I was wondering why Pyrrhus of Epirus starts off in his 40's.

The mod is a lot of fun.

I'll make an optional 6TPY script but I won't be doing the history each turn for 6TPY since its a lot of work. I have to do it by hand and am researching all the facts. About Pyrrhus, I will look into that.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Since it looks like the voters in this thread would like to see religion in the next patch I will be adding the Pagan, Mithraist and Zoroastrian religions. & respective traits for each. ( I have nearly completed all of that)

Perhaps also Buddhism religion to. Since it is said the Buddha lived and taught in the eastern part of the Indian subcontinent some time between the 6th and 4th centuries BCE. Though 4 religions may add to much a challange?

Possibilities** we could see a spread of Buddhism in the campaign from the Indian subcontinent into the west of the Seleucid empire and I could give them the option to convert to Buddhism. **An interesting fact, King Asoka (of the Mauryan Indian people and a man known to be cruel earlier in his reign before conversion to Buddhism ) says in his edicts that he had sent an emissionary to the greeks. It is entirely possible that Buddhism could (in alternative history) spread further west than the indo greeks.

Edit:
    Though I am not sure if I will do this or not, only if you guys really want to see it. Since I have completed all traits needed for the top 3 religions but not for this one yet. It's even more coding (which means time) that could be spent completing and adding more to the histories.
    Last edited by z3n; November 01, 2012 at 08:23 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator

After thinking about it I decided that no, the religion feature should not be included. If I were to include it I would have to max out more religions to stand a reasonable chance at representing the main religions at that time.

Instead what I did was created a trait system for religion, zorostrian, mithraism and paganism are all represented and have differing bonuses. They (in my opinion) are a sufficient enough representation. I will also get around to eventually creating a buddhism system and culture system. Right now I am momentarily satisifed with the millitary and leadership systems I have created so far. So I am now looking into non millitary related traits. I hope to better represent a schooling system and or careers among what I already hinted at.

This is not to say someone cannot create a submod adding religion or cultures to it, if you feel the need to I have absolutely no problem with that.
    The AI Workshop Creator

A EDU rebalance and optimization for the BAI is upcoming in the next patch based on the work of Mark Centurion and myself (nearly all of it was Mark Centurion's work, I had done the EDU before his and he revamped my model until I hardly recognized it, so all credit to him )

There are a few other things I have done, I also looked through the battle scripts to see if I could optimize anything and found a thing I could do. It should help, though whether it is noticeable or not we will see. I highly reccomend that you do not play on VH unless you want to lose every battle you fight when playing using this upcoming patch. It will be balanced for VH/M on the alexander.exe, though I suppose its playable with RTW/BI, I haven't checked to much but I'm sure some of you could make it work. Anyway, alexander is pretty cheap nowdays you can get a copy for $9 on amazon last I checked (a year ago).

I also figured I might as well give you guys a small thing I just finished. A final rout of a few bugs in the trait system, (you wouldn't have noticed these, but a couple of non working triggers were fixed or optimized) and the addition/completetion of the eastern/carthaginian culture leadership systems. (all for that matter

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jz3ad2
    Last edited by z3n; November 14, 2012 at 04:02 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast