Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: State of the mod

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: State of the mod

Awesome news !!!! Good job guys,can't wait to play it !

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

sanderman2's Avatar Centenarius

Great to hear , +rep

Decanus

Icon7 Re: State of the mod

Good news Great Maester Bardo.
    Perhaps next time i could be a BETA tester

Thanks for the update! I'm pumped!

Thanks for the update, I'll stay tuned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Anyway, the week before a possible open release we will announce it properly, with new screenshots, lists of changes, etc.
    That's especially pleasing to here, I was already panicking if I would have to get to know 2.08c by heart to be able to grasp the full dimension of the 3.0 update^^
    Thanks beforehand (optional addition )
    With best regards,

Förster44

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

good news ...awaiting more

Agent007's Avatar Civis

(Mr. Burns) Excellent!

Incredible news!! Thank u Bardo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    We have been accepting all the requests to join to the betatesting group, and even when half of the accepted members never wrote any feedback in the forums, we have had a good group of testers that have helped a lot.
    Thanks for the collaboration, we do not need more testers now, we are liking how the latest beta version is working, and we hope that next beta version can be an open release, that we will name v3.0
    It is not possible to guess a release date, we are working so it can be as soon as possible. Anyway, the week before a possible open release we will announce it properly, with new screenshots, lists of changes, etc.
    It is not ready yet, but the hard work is done: mainly the new cities made by Seth Krnell and the new units by Wlesmana. The remaining work is mostly to update texts, to fine tune the campaign and multiplayer balance, and some minor bug fixing.
    Hey, don't forget about the thousand hours you spent balancing units, working on campaign map, (re)writing scripts, testing new units, many other things i surely forget in this list and finally fixing all together to see if it worked or not
    No Bardo, no release.

Thanks both of you Seth and Bardo. LotRTW is my favourite RTW mod with RTR since I bought the game in 2005. I have been following it since this date, and I'm happy to see finally a final release, modded as much as possible in a TW game .

Sorry for not being able to test the actual version very much these weeks, but you know how life could be unpredictable .

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Thanks both of you Seth and Bardo. LotRTW is my favourite RTW mod with RTR since I bought the game in 2005. I have been following it since this date, and I'm happy to see finally a final release, modded as much as possible in a TW game .
    Isn't it even better that this is not the final release? (At least I think and hope so!)
    With best regards,

Förster44

Thank you Nelduin, you have already helped a lot, try to reserve something to enjoy the final release.
    I guess we name it "final" because there have been a lot of "betas" in between. But we plan to support this v3.0 with bugfixes if needed. Let's name it the final v3.0, but maybe not the last version.

Hey, don't forget about the thousand hours you spent balancing units
    Right, thank you Seth. My first contribution to this mod was to give some advices to try to improve the balance of the units, in the time when there was no campaign and we just played custom battles or multiplayer games. I still think the multiplayer battles are the soul of this mod, the part most I like to play, and what brings balance to everything else, so at the end this is the part where I spend more time, and I use to enjoy every minute. Wlesmana used to take care of the unit stats, I guess my contribution is included inside "the new units by Wlesmana" part

However, they are the cities what makes this next release special compared to the previous ones.

Thank you so much Bardo!

Tiro

Good news for upcoming release. Thank you for your work on this fantastic mod .

Hey Bardo, may your new signature raise hopes for a nearing release?
    With best regards,

Förster44

Maybe.
    I changed my signature when I finished the update of the historical battles, one of the latest thing in my ToDo list.
    We are trying to release it as soon as possible, but still fixing some minor bugs here and there.
    I'll post a final preview with screenshots from the historical battles when the definitive pack is ready.

Super! Take as much time as you need.

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

great to hear that...
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

Wulfburk found an annoying bug that will force us to readjust some cities. We use a comand in descr_strat file to choose the location of some cities in the battle tile, but it seems this command stops working as soon as you reload a savegame. It affects mainly to coastal cities like Dol Amroth or Esgaroth, that are placed near the water, and after reloading they appear in the middle of the land. We need to work on it this week.

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

this is strange bug indeed...i hope youll solve it soon...
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast