Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: State of the mod

Default Re: State of the mod

Can a release date be predicted yet?

As soon as we find that the beta is fully playable, and once we have fixed all the main bugs. We are still working on it.
    It is pointless to try to predict a date after so much time working on it. There are tricky things that we have changed that would need weeks to redesign if we find something wrong with them.
    Betatesters are doing a great job, and the beta seem playable, but they keep finding some bugs, and we plan to release a new beta patch this week. Let's hope it fixes the main problems.

Awesome, thanks!! You guys are doing an impressive job.

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

Good to hear! Ill wait for it...
    one question should i be able to install new beta over 2.08c or over clean 2.0b
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Lü Bu View Post
    Good to hear! Ill wait for it...
    one question should i be able to install new beta over 2.08c or over clean 2.0b
    Should be just the beta
    Unless plans have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

I played this mod long time ago, and it was more or less by accident that I found out it is continued to work on. I am not yet sure if I will reinstall Rome, but I wanted to thank you for all the fun I had with this mod.
    I really iike how playing a certain faction really rewarded playing close to the lore of this faction, and how the differences between the units were huge. A weak orc and a noldor elite are worlds away, no other game or mod I can remember was this brave with the stats.

so Bardo, any serious bugs?
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    My Workshop™

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Lü Bu View Post
    so Bardo, any serious bugs?
    There isn't any major ones, as far as I know.

Lü Bu, I think you missunderstood me. I meant that this week we released a new patch for the closed beta. There is no date for a open release, yet.
    Last edited by Bardo; December 01, 2012 at 07:28 PM.

oh damn...
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    My Workshop™

Well hello there all! Just saying I sent a request for beta tester after reading the moddb announcement. I really liked your mod I can say I prefer it over third age really, so its not a given people are playing only latest games To be honest I just wanted to play this latest version and why not contributing if I can. the only thing is if I have enough free time to play it but i'll be sure to post any issues I find if I do! Looking forward to siege/defend the new settlements

Yesterday sudently appeared 10 new requests for the betatesting group, I guess it is due to the moddb announcement.
    There are already many people in the beta group and we were not planning to join more people.
    We appreciate the support, thank you everyone, but there is a point were more people could slow down things more than really help.

If we need to make more patches and we need help from more testers we will let you know. Thank you.

Opps... I kinda told in the moddb announcement that there were unlimited slots for the beta test and that everyone would have a chance to assist the devs in finding bugs and etc Sorry about that, perhaps you could accept these 10 guys but no more after them until more were needed?

Again my apologies for this embarrasment lol
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

No need to apology, Wulfburk.
    You are doing a great job supporting the moddb forums.

Hi I was among those who applied yesterday, and sent a pm to bardo, could you please send me a link to dl latest beta?

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by masterslay View Post
    Hi I was among those who applied yesterday, and sent a pm to bardo, could you please send me a link to dl latest beta?
    There wont be any link until the beta is ready to be released.

When you are accepted to the betatesting group, it should appear a new subforum named "Beta-Testing Forum" in the top of this lotrtw forum.
    Enter there and you will find the link to the beta pack as well as topics to post your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    When you are accepted to the betatesting group, it should appear a new subforum named "Beta-Testing Forum" in the top of this lotrtw forum.
    Enter there and you will find the link to the beta pack as well as topics to post your feedback.
    Ok thanks i found it

I've been a fan of this mod since the beginning, I can wait a few more years before it comes out, as long as when it does it is super awesome!!!

We have been accepting all the requests to join to the betatesting group, and even when half of the accepted members never wrote any feedback in the forums, we have had a good group of testers that have helped a lot.
    Thanks for the collaboration, we do not need more testers now, we are liking how the latest beta version is working, and we hope that next beta version can be an open release, that we will name v3.0
    It is not possible to guess a release date, we are working so it can be as soon as possible. Anyway, the week before a possible open release we will announce it properly, with new screenshots, lists of changes, etc.
    It is not ready yet, but the hard work is done: mainly the new cities made by Seth Krnell and the new units by Wlesmana. The remaining work is mostly to update texts, to fine tune the campaign and multiplayer balance, and some minor bug fixing.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast