Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: State of the mod

Default Re: State of the mod

Wow glad to hear you guys are back! i will continue updating the moddb page asap!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Wow glad to hear you guys are back! i will continue updating the moddb page asap!
    I'm going to make another preview, so be sure that your connection is ready brother .

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Good to see you guys back! Who cares if it is an old game? RTW is still a good engine and LOTRTW is definetely one of the best mods for RTW for sure! I mean, this mod is a classic! I still hope to see a complete version of this mod with ents, new cities, etc. Does the new version includes the new units created by Wlesmana?

Welcome back! Thank you for all the hard work and dedication you have given to this mod!

It may be old indeed but i have only just begun paying this mod and am very impressed!
    Am only about 4 turns into my first ever campaign, am playing as Isengard to ease myself into the game. I did play a few of the battles though.. helmsdeep, pelennor fields and the one when sauron lost his fingers too, probably the most fun battles i've ever had on any mod! oh, and Sauron is my new favourite unit now

Glad to hear more work is being put into this game as i plan on playing this one for a good long while, best of luck with it

Hey,where is wlesmana?
    i did not see him active in this forum

will you continue the work without original creator?

Icon7 Re: State of the mod

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Hello everybody.

I'm sorry we have left the mod alone for so long time. I was having some hard times when we first started the closed beta and I had to take a rest once the beta was running. I thought Seth was going to continue the development, because he was actually making all the work those days, but he decided to stop and wait until wlesmana or I were available again. Since then, I have been trying to find the right moment to come back, I didn't expect it was going to take me so much time.

I'm afraid the development of the mod was paused around April of this year and we have not advanced anything since then. The closed beta was progressing fine, but there were some important pending work needed before an open release, and one of the developers alone can't do it (not wlesmana, nor seth, nor me).

I know this is an old game, and an old mod, and most people is probably playing something else, but I personally would like to see a finished version of this mod, and I still believe is possible.

I plan to be active at least until christmas, we will see what we get. If we see the mod does not progress, I'll share the current beta openly. Until then, people interested can join the closed beta:

Join Beta Testing
    Open your TWC profile:
    "My account" -> "Networking" - "Group Memberships" -> search for this group "Developer: Lord of the Rings Total War (Beta Tester)"
    and click on "Join group" so we can give you access to the betatesting subforum.

(thank you Vicious the Conqueror for this image)

You have my time Bardo

Yay this is back on dutay!
    United we stand interenets! Nerdfighter.
    Warcraft Total War!
    Help Save a Wonderful mod that could
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273449
    You guys should register for the golden Symbol of Forum Oppression http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/r/89425f5ce60

Quote Originally Posted by Kirigaya Kazuto View Post
    Hey,where is wlesmana?
    i did not see him active in this forum
    will you continue the work without original creator?
    Are about a couple years me and Bardo are working on this mod without Wlesmana.
    We both tried to contact him more then once, but he seems to be pretty busy with real life issues. Bardo told me he agreed to give us some of his latest units, new or reworked. I hope he will, are two years I wait to lead the new Uruk Hai troops in battle.

Wlesmana has not worked actively on the mod for some time, but he still answers our mails. He has collaborated with some models, like the Barad-dur walls (even when Seth made all the job to put them in game), he sent us some of the new units at the begining of this year, and he plans to send us the rest of units showed in the previews, hopefully before the next release. We all wish he had more free time, but he has not abandoned the mod.

Finally we have a new Beta version.
    We will be testing it this month. Let's see if betatesters find it playable and we do not find any important bug.

Great news! I'm willing to help with testing the Beta.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Great news! Can I join the beta testing too, pls?

i would like to join beta testing please, i been waiting to test the new version so badly. now might be the chance!

Smasher 282's Avatar Foederatus

I'll help with the beta testing, when i finished my sub mod which will be soon.

I would like to, but I don't want to spoil myself for the official release
    If you have trouble finding enough testers, some news or images posts on ModDB certainly won't hurt
    Thanks beforehand (optional addition )
    With best regards,

Förster44

So is it too late to ask if I can join in the testing?

This may not be the right place, but are the 2.00 version download links not working, or is it just me?

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

I think problem is with FameFront...downloading is limited to several countries these days and i dont know why
    But i think those links should work:
    -2.0b- http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/r...mod/34759.html
    -2.08c- http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/r...mod/34760.html
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

Ah, and now it works (at least the moddb and strategyinformer links).
    Thanks anyway.
    Looks like a great mod!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast