Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: State of the mod

Default State of the mod

Hello everybody.

I'm sorry we have left the mod alone for so long time. I was having some hard times when we first started the closed beta and I had to take a rest once the beta was running. I thought Seth was going to continue the development, because he was actually making all the work those days, but he decided to stop and wait until wlesmana or I were available again. Since then, I have been trying to find the right moment to come back, I didn't expect it was going to take me so much time.

I'm afraid the development of the mod was paused around April of this year and we have not advanced anything since then. The closed beta was progressing fine, but there were some important pending work needed before an open release, and one of the developers alone can't do it (not wlesmana, nor seth, nor me).

I know this is an old game, and an old mod, and most people is probably playing something else, but I personally would like to see a finished version of this mod, and I still believe is possible.

I plan to be active at least until christmas, we will see what we get. If we see the mod does not progress, I'll share the current beta openly. Until then, people interested can join the closed beta:

Join Beta Testing
    Open your TWC profile:
    "My account" -> "Networking" - "Group Memberships" -> search for this group "Developer: Lord of the Rings Total War (Beta Tester)"
    and click on "Join group" so we can give you access to the betatesting subforum.

(thank you Vicious the Conqueror for this image)
    Last edited by Bardo; October 02, 2012 at 03:35 PM.

niko21's Avatar Civis

Default Re: State of the mod

I would like to know more of what a beta tester should do or know.

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

I am really pleased that someone from the developers showed up and some work on the mod will be done again !

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

Hey Bardo, good to hear from you!
    It's an old game and an old mod to be sure but the LotRTW mod remains one of the best games I've ever played, no question about it.

A dev is back again, halleluja!
    Thanks beforehand (optional addition )
    With best regards,

Förster44

hello Bardo,
    huge fan of your work, i'm certain even if your work is not complete that the community with individuals like myself could add the finishing touches and details if needed and I know that if i can't someone else will but i will give it a try i recommend everyone who knows something bout modding to help out

There were some ctds in the latest beta pack and we got stuck while setting up a new pack, so there is no beta available right now.
    My idea is to upload a new pack with the latest fixes made by Seth, while we see if he can return. We had a great group of betatesters, but I guess many of them will not be availbale after this time of inactivity, and we may need some help when the pack is ready. That is why I posted the procedure for the beta again, but right now we need development work more than testing.
    Thank you all for the support.

Best news I've heard in a while. This mod is great. It's one of my favourites. Keep up the great work. Let's see those custom settlements released someday.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Hey Bardo, thanks for the update! If you need another beta tester, I would love a reason to slack off a little on my history thesis paper, and as I know nothing about how to mod a game this is the only method of help I can offer. Keep up the good work.

You still can count on me.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

i would like to join the beta test

Some goood news!
    Seth Krn3ll is still here!!! Wlesmana still guides us!, even when he has no time for modding.
    And we have an stable campaign again that hopefully will let us continue the betatesting.

Awesome news ! Can't wait to play the new beta and to see Seth working again on his splendid cities :p. LotRTW is back !

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

This has made my week!

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Some goood news!
    Seth Krn3ll is still here!!! Wlesmana still guides us!, even when he has no time for modding.
    And we have an stable campaign again that hopefully will let us continue the betatesting.
    There is no word in elvish, entish or the tongues of men for this AWESOMENESS!!
    With best regards,

Förster44

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Förster44 View Post
    There is no word in elvish, entish or the tongues of men for this AWESOMENESS!!
    My thoughts exactly !Great news indeed

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

good to see this , good luck with it

...For five hundred years it poisoned his mind. And in the gloom of Gollum's cave, it waited. Darkness crept back into the forest of the world. Rumor grew of a shadow in the east, whispers of a nameless fear, and the Ring of Power perceived. Its time had now come.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Krn3ll View Post
    ...For felt five hundred years it poisoned his mind. And in the gloom of Wlesmana's hard drive, it waited. Modding crept back into the depth of the internet. Rumor grew of a dev in the forums, whispers of a nameless progress, and the Mod of Power perceived. Its time had now come.
    , you mean?
    Last edited by Förster44; October 10, 2012 at 10:24 AM.
    With best regards,

Förster44

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Krn3ll View Post
    ...For five hundred years it poisoned his mind. And in the gloom of Gollum's cave, it waited. Darkness crept back into the forest of the world. Rumor grew of a shadow in the east, whispers of a nameless fear, and the Ring of Power perceived. Its time had now come.
    A mod is never late, nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it means to.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast