Thread: AAR of the Year - Rules and FAQ

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default AAR of the Year - Rules and FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions
    What is the AAR of the Year?
    The AAR of the Year is an annual competition between the authors who have attained a podium position in the previous year's (October 2011 to October 2012) MAARC competitions.

How do I know if I can enter?
    You will be sent a PM if you are eligible to enter with a list of AARs that you can submit - although please bear in mind that you can only enter one AAR per author, and will be given 14 days to post in the submission thread.

What do I need to post in the submission thread?
    - Title and link to the original AAR thread
    - Author
    - Game and (if applicable) mod
    - Faction
    - Short description / teaser

How long does the voting last?
    Voting lasts until two days before the end of the month, for example if it was October the poll would close on the 29th.

How many votes do I have?
    You have 3 votes, all of which must be used. Vote threads will remain hidden so only the competition organisers can view them.

When are the winners announced?
    The winners will be announced when the poll, and any tie-breakers, are finished.

What if I have more questions?
    Ask away in the chat thread.

Rules
    Directly, or indirectly, asking for votes or someone else asking for votes for your submission will result in an immediate disqualification, and a ban from the competition.

Advertising is allowed on this site only and you can only advertise the competition, submission threads, poll threads, and winner threads - not individual entries/authors. Failure to comply will result in an immediate disqualification, and a ban from the competition.

Poll thread results will be hidden during the voting period and will remain so. Only the competition organisers will be able to see the results and who voted for what. Anyone found viewing the poll results before they are released, excluding the competition organisers, will result in an immediate disqualification, and a ban from the competition.

You cannot vote for your own entry, and must use all of your votes.

If you are discovered to have breached any of these rules after entering , or indeed, winning the competition the submission that came second place will be entered, or in the case of poll results already ending, every entry will be moved up a position.

Awards
    Points for the Writers' Study Competition Medal will be awarded to those who come first, second, and third.

1st - 6 points
    2nd - 4 points
    3rd - 3 points

Last edited by Shankbot de Bodemloze; November 10, 2012 at 04:42 AM.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE