View Poll Results: Continue this AAR or make a better one?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Continue

15 78.95%
  • Make a better one

4 21.05%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: (EB) EMPIRE: Song of Peace and War

Default Re: (EB) EMPIRE: Song of Peace and War

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    An inspiring battle! I like your comments on the different units and the difference which their equipment makes - providing a vital advantage, for some. The march of the Hypaspistai is an exciting moment. May the Hypaspistai march on to many more victories!
    Thanks Alwyn, and I am eagerly awaiting your next chapter for your Alternate World Iceni AAR.

It was strange because I discovered it a few days ago and I could have sworn it was 12 pages long thread. My mind is playing tricks on me

Hey SE, any new chapters in the works?

Just wanted to let you know that the review is still in process, and that it will certainly be released within the next months.

So long, I hope there will be some more chapters coming along!
    Chronicles of Cimmeria - A Kimmerios Bosporos AAR (EB2)
    The Age of Peace - A TW: Warhammer Empire AAR
    Blood Red Eagle - The Sons of Lodbrok Invasion of Northumbrialand [complete]
    Machines - A Sci-Fi Short Story [complete]

Quote Originally Posted by Zeion View Post
    Hey SE, any new chapters in the works?

Just wanted to let you know that the review is still in process, and that it will certainly be released within the next months.

So long, I hope there will be some more chapters coming along!
    Hey Zeion, I already have half a chapter written up on my macbook but im having issues regarding the pictures. I use a much slower HP laptop to actually play my EB campaigns and im having problems with it. I may have to write the rest of the AAR without any pictures. But rest assured, pictures or not, I will keep updating!

I also look forward to more updates from your Bosphoran Kingdom AAR. That last chapter had a very nice twist

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Good to see you back man. Look forward to more
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

Quote Originally Posted by Evalation View Post
    Good to see you back man. Look forward to more
    Good hearing from you too man. How have things been for you?

Chapter 18: Under Attack
    Winter 248 BC Seleukeia

An endless sea of men approached the fortified hilltop, their horns bellowing in sinister tones, the footsteps of the great war elephants shaking the very ground. The men of Carthage had come to bring fire and death to the hated Empire of Seleucus. In their path was but a single legion of stoic veterans, grim men who had seen far too much death in the battlefields of Arabia. Many among them knew that today, their time in this world had come to an end and had resigned themselves to their fate. At the crown of the hill, Mardonious watched as the men under his command prepare themselves for slaughter.

The Carthaginians had constructed three great battering rams, covered in soaked hides and crewed by battalions of fierce men from Numidia. As the rams neared, Mardonious ordered his archers to fire at the men pushing the rams, incapacitating and killing many of them. The Carthaginians responded by quickening their efforts to bring the ram up to the wall, which was exactly what Mardonious hoped they would do. As the leading ram neared the wall, it prompting slid into a hidden trench and collapsed upon itself due to its own weight. Seeing the fate of the first ram, the other crews halted and retreated evoking great cheers from the Imperial troops.

From the rear rows of the Carthaginian army, ladders were carried forward. Both armies paused, the intake of breath before the charge. Then, the Carthaginians began to move, thousands of men with ladders and ropes charged forward, attempting to close the distance. Using planks to cross the trench they swarmed past it and towards the wall...only to fall victim to a second trench. The front rows of warriors fell into the trenches and were impaled upon the stakes and caltrops. Their screams filled the air and the rest of the enemy warriors recoiled at the horror of the scene. The enemy recovered quickly and planks were placed at the second trench. Learning from their mistakes, they cautiously moved forward, looking for another trap, even under heavy arrow fire. Finding no more traps, they reached the wall and began to climb.

‘First, second and third company, form up!’ ordered Mardonious. The selected companies, Babylonian men equipped in the newest and finest armour the empire had to offer, moved into position behind the wall...

Finally another update.

Really looking forward to the conclusion of this massive battle.
    No matter what happens, the Empire will unlikely remain the same afterwards...

Chapter 19: The Crossing Pt. 1
    Winter 248 BC Seleukeia

Nicandor held his hand up, signaling for his company to pause. His men had marched all morning at what would have been considered a breakneck pace by most common soldiers. But his men were not common. Each and every member of his three hundred strong advance guard were pureblooded Spartans, direct descendants of the exiles and the elite of the elite.

The heat of the Asian sun overhead paled in comparison to the fire burning within Nicandors soul. Today, his people would finally bring about the destruction of the empire of Seleucus. Nicandor was but a boy when his family, along with thousands of other families had fled from the onslaught of Antiochus and his unstoppable armies. But he was not too young to remember the hardships that his people had suffered in their year long wandering before the founding of New Sparta. In that long year, the hatred of the Empire had taken root within his heart and in the years since, he had trained day after day for the sole purpose of causing its destruction.

The main force of the Greek army, led by the Spartan prince Akrokontos, was still several miles behind his party. Twenty thousand heavy infantry and three thousand heavy cavalry, almost half the full military strength of the Exiles, would descend from behind the Imperial armies and scatter them to the winds. The other half of the Blood Bound legion were with Xanthippos himself, who had landed in the Peloponnese weeks ago for a grand campaign to liberate of all of Greece.

Between the Greeks and their vengeance lay one last obstacle: The Euphrates, the great river that defined the southern and western boundary of Mesopotamia. Only a single, wide bridge forded the river in this location and it was the only crossing for miles around. Nicandors’ task was to scout for any resistance and create a safe bridgehead for the rest of the forces to cross. From his position, he surveyed the far bank of the river, watching for any signs of enemy troops. After a short wait and seeing no movement, Nicandor smiled. The Emperor had not expected them and now there was nothing could prevent their complete victory.

‘We cross now and secure the bridge for Prince Akrokontos.’ Ordered Nicandor. ‘By tonight, the Empire will have fallen!’

Quickly, his forces moved across the bridge, lining up in a defensive box on the other side. As Nicandor took his first step off the bridge, an arrow flew from the direction of tree line, straight into his exposed neck...
    Last edited by seleucid empire; May 11, 2016 at 04:28 AM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

A dramatic update, I hope that you will continue. I would like to know what happens to the Spartans after what happened to Nicandor.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    A dramatic update, I hope that you will continue. I would like to know what happens to the Spartans after what happened to Nicandor.
    thanks for your kind words Alwyn. I will continue this through to the end but i cant guarantee how regular my updates will be

Yeah a lovely update, vengeance, revenge made a boy became man like our Nicandor

Sent from my Smartfren Andromax AD688G using Tapatalk
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

Nice filter

Cool update SE. The fate of the empire seems quite uncertain with the battle of Seleukeia on our hands. Carthaginians, Spartans... it seems as if the whole world has united against the Emperor. Right now, I'm sort of hoping that the Empire will fall as it might shake up everything quite a lot, so there would be lots of potential for storytelling afterwards.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213