Thread: MAARC XLI - SUBMISSIONS

Default MAARC XLI - SUBMISSIONS

This is the submission/nomination thread for MAARC XLI.

Eligibility
    - The nominated AAR must have been updated at least twice in October. A vote will be commenced on or about November 1st.

- The winner of the previous competition cannot compete in this current MAARC
    - Only one AAR per person
    - Nomination deadline: the last day of the month
    - The competition is open for a month, followed by a one week, multi-poll vote.
    - If there are less than 5 nominations, the competition is extended for another month.
    - Usually authors nominate their own work. If you would like to nominate somebody else's work, please ask for the author's approval first (or encourage the author to nominate the AAR)!

Information to provide
    - Title and link to the original AAR thread
    - Author
    - Game and (if applicable) mod
    - Faction
    - Short description / teaser

Advertisement Rules

Advertising is allowed in the official advertising board and in AAR threads. Any other kind of direct advertising to advocate nominees is prohibited. Those who breach this rule shall be disqualified for 3 months.

Asking for votes is not allowed and will result in an immediate disqualification and ban of 3 months from the Competition forums.

The competition manager will take whatever steps necessary to insure the integrity of the competition.

Awards
    4 points for the Winner
    3 points for Second Place
    2 points for Third Place

Points are accumulated towards the awarding of the AAR Competition Medals.

Please see the Writer's Study Information and FAQ Thread for more details.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Paragon's Avatar Senator

Default Re: MAARC XLI - SUBMISSIONS

by Paragon

In the rise of medieval warfare, the forging of a legend commences! One single man between the total destruction of Moorish domination and the glory victory! A man's past sorrounded in mystery and conspirations, the truth buried with lies, and the misfortunes of a man trying to find out the real thing decades later...
    This is my Aragonese AAR, One Single Man

If you read and comment, there WILL be cake!

The Great French Empire
    By: Canadian Imperialist.
    Game: Empire Total War
    Faction: France
    The French war machine has decided that the time has come for a new order in Europe! Through a vast network of protectorates that includes Russia and Westphalia the French attempt to control Europe and bring about an era of peace and harmony.

Times full of Distemper
    - A dusty scriptorium –

A Historie of the severall parts of that war pursued by his Majesty King Charles I against Englandes Parliament

by John Locke Esq of Wrington, Somersetshire
    Lawyer, Clerk and Agent for Alexander Popham Justice of the Peace
    and a Captain in his Regiment of Horse during the War

Title: Times full of Distemper
    Author: Geoffrey of Villehardouin

Mod: MT2W For King or Country (FKoC
    )
    Faction: Parliament

Brief description
    A shadow covers so much of that War that even my own notes persist as enigmatic ciphers in my notebook. These were dangerous times, much was inveilled in secrecie. Yet there were thoughtfull men, not spaces between words in books of Historie, that filled the gap between battle and peace, cruelty and justice. Should it please God that these diaries remain, men may discover some of the tragic acts, base wrongs and noble deeds done in the pursuit of that War.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My three short AARs:
    [BC] The Maharajah and the Guild of Thieves – a Chauhan Rajput AAR
    [1648] Thirty Years' War
    [Kingdoms] Antioch Crusaders Mod campaign
    Last edited by Geoffrey of Villehardouin; October 10, 2012 at 05:11 PM.

I shall throw the gauntlet, since there is great competition here...

"In the Holy Lands" is a SS 6.4 Crusader States AAR (link in the signature) which many historians credit to the infamous Strengelicher, an occasional visitor of twcenter in the early 21st century whose true identity is yet unknown.

The story depicts the life and toilings of the royal family de Brienne in their quest to remain the masters over Jerusalem in a war against unsurmountable odds. Experience how love... honour... courage... trust... and friendship determine the ultimate fate of King Jean, Prince Alphonse and Princess Yolande in the lands which many consider holy, but whose sands will soon be soaked with blood...

[PG] Parental Guidance

With the Lions of Caesar - From Siscia to Bathinus

Author: Chaplain118

Mod: RS 2.1

Faction: Romans

Follow after Caesar's 13th legion--the Legio XIII Gemina--marching under the command of M. Aemilius Lepidus. From the edge of defeat in the hills of Pannonia to an unrivaled victory on the banks of the Bathinus, this is the personal recollection from one boy who stood with the Lions of Caesar and fought in one of the bitterest yet least remembered war of Roman history.

Preview

The advance up towards the ridge met no resistance. In the front, we lowered our shields to get a wider view. My helmet felt like it was stuck to my head and I had trouble hearing. Only the steady sound of the buccinae and the hand resting on my back kept me in formation.

I watched the surrounding ridges through the rippling haze. A phantom figure would appear only to fade when I squinted to look closer. The entire time, one thought constantly repeated in my mind: the line was too loose. My hand brushed against the pommel of my sword every now and then. The feeling of the rounded heavy wood calmed me slightly but it was always temporary.

My lips grew chapped and dry each time I inhaled the hot air around me. Bugs buzzed in the distance and I was sweating through the layers of armor. My mouth grew dry from the heat and I became increasingly tempted to reach down to the canteen of posca slapping against my waist. Men sighed behind me as we marched forward.

Suddenly, I felt something slam into my shield. Instinctively, I raised it up to my eyes and felt something embed itself in it. And in an instant, hoots and jeers rose up all around us. Armored warriors emerged from the surroundings hills. Arrows whipped and snapped through the air. I heard someone scream in pain and didn’t dare look back.
    Last edited by chaplain118; October 27, 2012 at 01:07 PM.

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

The Nascent Ranger - A Skyrim AAR

Faendal surveyed the road ahead as swayed ever so slightly in the saddle of his horse. Rugot was a faithful companion and Faendal smiled as he rubbed the horses neck.
    “In a few hours we will be in Riften ol boy,” smiling slightly as he said it.
    The journey that Faendal was taking was one that he had been thinking about for some time. He knew that this was the right time. Willow, the Riften ranger, had sent word that it was time to pick up his package. That was code of course and he knew what it truly meant.
    As he rode the great pines outside of Helgen swayed in the spring breeze. Skyrim was awaking from its winter slumber and another year of sowing, growing, and harvesting would begin in earnest. Of course there were many places in Skyrim that did not receive a respite from the cold and he was approaching one of those areas now. The road from Helgen to Riften was a popular route for travelers but that didn’t mean it was comfortable. Faendal wrapped his fur cloak around himself and hunkered down under its protection.

The Wolf Among Dogs

by Radzeer, playing MTW2 and using Chivarly II: SV, telling the story of a young Picardy knight in Frankish Greece who is currently rotting in a Bulgarian dungeon...

Ganbarenippon's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'll throw my hat into the ring. It's been far too long so I don't know if I'm eligible!

The Saga of The North. Book One: The Great King.

The story of Northern Europe's transition from the Viking Age to the Middle ages, told primarily from the Danish perspective. Book One focuses on the rise of Canute the Great.