Page 2 of 164 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - WIP

TanZHao, please don't hotlink pictures. The ones you post might be proper when you do it, but they've all changed to what Sanderman2 said.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Carrot View Post
    TanZHao, please don't hotlink pictures. The ones you post might be proper when you do it, but they've all changed to what Sanderman2 said.
    I am so sorry.
    Because I too like this DCI, and but also because I was too excited.
    I will pay attention to this problem.

I like to play the game. Some of the issues that are often ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by sanderman2 View Post
    LOl , you know what pictures i see?

A chinese or somewhat asian woman and allot of chinese letters/words.

Real strange...
    Feel shy you misunderstood.

That is Galadriel.
    She is the gold forest Lothlórien hostess. Lady of the Woods.
    Last edited by Mhaedros; October 04, 2012 at 06:22 AM. Reason: double post

When is the first release gonna be you think?

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

From the bottom of the OP...

P.S. Content and progress updates will not be very frequent, this is a hobby venture of no intended stress; no updates will not mean that the project died
    I dare say that it will be quite some time before this is ready. Probably months.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post

I dare say that it will be quite some time before this is ready. Probably months.
    No matter how long I will support you.
    Because I love this DCI.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post

Certainly, if nothing less balance matters will be a heck of a work once everything else is finished

Quote Originally Posted by TanZHao View Post
    No matter how long I will support you.
    Because I love this DCI.
    Time will be required to make it the great experience we want it to be

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Certainly, if nothing less balance matters will be a heck of a work once everything else is finished

Time will be required to make it the great experience we want it to be
    Yes, i believe.
    As I said before.
    I love mod. I love mos. I love DCI.
    It is this let me find back the happy time.
    Although I cannot technically giving help.
    But I will silently support you in spirit.
    Although I don't know how long I can play.
    But I will cherish every day now.
    Once some time I feel so confused and not happy.
    But since after playing MOS I feel every day is very substantial.
    I believe that the fate between people.
    Now I believe that with the game between the existence of fate.
    I believe you and believe myself too.
    Last edited by TanZHao; October 04, 2012 at 06:07 AM.

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

The unit considerations are in line with what's intended, with least lacking any heavy cavalry ("auxilary" cavalry forces were indeed used). The palantiri will be reworked by Withwnar (he's the creator of them to begin with) and they will be both more (six) and they will be much more potent than in vanilla TATW, with no drawbacks either
    Faster building was an interesting idea! Will see how that balance up, since they will start with the in general largest quantity of high level cities/forts anyway; which they on the other hand needs because as it looks they will be really in the brown when this campaign kicks off haha

I will make use of the 'Exile' terminology in descriptions but if put like that it would rather sound like it's the realms (and not the Dúnedain within the realms) that's in exile - further the majority of least Gondors population are not Dúnedain, but partly related and/or led by them. Then it's simply very long, and since there's not "Black Númenórean" faction it works out. If you prefere, once released, to have the name changed that's very easy to edit for anyone themselves
    From what I remember, the majority of Gondor's population was Numenorean at that time, since it was the Kin-strife that killed a good portion of their population,and only after that did the majority start interbreeding with Northmen.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Don't forget there were other kinds of people too. Like the wildlings of Ered Nimrais and Enedwaith, which I think many people of Lossarnach are related to
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanaro Curufinwe View Post
    From what I remember, the majority of Gondor's population was Numenorean at that time, since it was the Kin-strife that killed a good portion of their population,and only after that did the majority start interbreeding with Northmen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Carrot View Post
    Don't forget there were other kinds of people too. Like the wildlings of Ered Nimrais and Enedwaith, which I think many people of Lossarnach are related to
    As Mhae... Captain Carrot puts it.
    The first mingeling apperently went on with the original inhabitants of the (later) Gondor region, while once more on greater scale some 1500-2000 years later with the Northmen.
    Long before in the days of their power the mariners of Númenor had established a haven and strong places about the mouths of Anduin, in despite of Sauron in the Black Land that lay nigh upon the east. In the later days to this haven came only the Faithful of Númenor, and many therefore of the folk of the coastlands in that region were in whole or in part akin to the Elf-friends and the people of Elendil, and they welcomed his sons.
    - Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age

[The] people of Elendil were not many, for only a few great ships had escaped the Downfall or survived the tumult of the Seas. They found, it is true, many dwellers upon the westshores who came of their own blood, wholly or in part, being descended from mariners and from wardens of forts and havens that had been set there in days gone by; yet all told the Dúnedain were now only a small folk in the midst of strangers.
    - HoME Vol 12; The Appendix on Languages: The Languages at the end of the Third Age

After the return of Eldacar the blood of the kingly house and other houses of the Dúnedain became more mingled with that of lesser Men. For many of the great had been slain in the Kin-strife; while Eldacar showed favour to the Northmen, by whose help he had regained the crown, and the people of Gondor were replenished by great numbers that came from Rhovanion.
    - Appendix A (note the word more; while the highest lords houses apperently until the Kinstrife had kept unmingled according to manys attitude)
    Last edited by Ngugi; October 04, 2012 at 12:29 PM.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

As we discussed in private I like this.

The majority of Gondor's population was non-Númenorean indeed. I have faith that my buddy can be trusted more than anyone to stick to Lore. And if not I shall chastise him ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    The majority of Gondor's population was non-Númenorean indeed. I have faith that my buddy can be trusted more than anyone to stick to Lore. And if not I shall chastise him ;-)
    And it's pure fear that motivates me, yes indeed

What does ''DCI" stand for?

Dúnedain Counter-Invasions; as Last Alliance is really 'the next step' on that mods (link in my signature) development I went with the name.

DCI's scripts enables jihads that is cross-religious, meaning that if the culture [religion] Numenorean [islam] calls for the Last Alliance [jihad] also Elves and Dwarves and Men of other cultures can join in and charge down towards the appointed target settlement (as in an Invasion for Saurons followers) - depending on such things as alliances etc.
    This is as far as we know a uniqe feature, and was developed by Withwnar for DCI. Never before it was created I myself considered the LA possible to create so it felt satisfying.

Dúnedain Counter-Invasions; as Last Alliance is really 'the next step' on that mods (link in my signature) development I went with the name.

DCI's scripts enables jihads that is cross-religious, meaning that if the culture [religion] Numenorean [islam] calls for the Last Alliance [jihad] also Elves and Dwarves and Men of other cultures can join in and charge down towards the appointed target settlement (as in an Invasion for Saurons followers) - depending on such things as alliances etc.
    This is as far as we know a uniqe feature, and was developed by Withwnar for DCI. Never before it was created I myself considered the LA possible to create so it felt satisfying.
    So it will be a bona-fide Second Age mod, or not?

Certainly, it would not interest me to not keep as close to the lore as is possible - and that's beside the point that Macilrille would chastise me otherwise
    And as my knowledge in the scriptures is quite extensive I'm confident we will succeed satisfy the lore masters, in manners that appeal to any 'the common man' as well
    Last edited by Ngugi; October 05, 2012 at 12:01 PM.

Certainly, it would not interest me to not keep as close to the lore as is possible - and that's beside the point that Macilrille would chastise me otherwise
    And as my knowledge in the scriptures is quite extensive I'm confident we will succeed satisfy the lore masters, in manners that appeal to any 'the common man' as well
    Poor Ngugi, living in fear of Macirille's wrath

He's Danish after all, and really lore-cranky 0.o ^^

Tolkien wanted it to become a living tradition, on his foundations for which others would build new layers, I've heard from different and quite well credited sources - though yet to find it directly quoted from JRR or anyone in his proximity. Yet I do belive so, and a game by its fundamentially different nature has to be a development and if proper done, and why not have that as the only goal?, it is done with the highest respect for and with the original sources.

He's Danish after all, and really lore-cranky 0.o ^^

Tolkien wanted it to become a living tradition, on his foundations for which others would build new layers, I've heard from different and quite well credited sources - though yet to find it directly quoted from JRR or anyone in his proximity. Yet I do belive so, and a game by its fundamentially different nature has to be a development and if proper done, and why not have that as the only goal?, it is done with the highest respect for and with the original sources.
    That is good. Are there any boars?

Boars? For the Dwarves? Of course there is!

But not for riding.
    Last edited by Ngugi; October 05, 2012 at 01:18 PM.