Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Philoceraptor's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Elves of Eryn Galen preview video + Models preview (both on page 124)

Well done as always! Six previews down, six more to go

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Elves of Eryn Galen preview video + Models preview (both on page 124)

Thank you!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

I love it guys keep it up
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Just announce that next faction for a double-preview has been settled, and seasoned TW players can sharpen their blades for a huge DCI challenge.

As last time, expect a close look on dreadful commanders of war in a while, followed by a video about a week after.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Ngugi; August 26, 2018 at 09:31 PM.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Do I smell goblins?! Well, they will know that there's one Dwarf left in Khazad-dum that still draws breath!

But, I was wondering - something hit me when watching various previews - no artillery at all? Even for the dwarves? While I IMMENSLY respect you not giving factions crossbows, as they were never mentioned, catapults at least were - and I really think Dwarves would be able to work out the mechanics of a catapult or a ballista.

I can't wait to play the mod and banish the evil from Middle-Earth forevermore, establishing a grand kingdom of Dwarves that will stretch as far as the eye can see and last till the end of days.

Baruk khazad! Khazad ai-menu!
    Last edited by LittleDwarf; August 21, 2018 at 09:28 AM.

Do I smell goblins?! Well, they will know that there's one Dwarf left in Khazad-dum that still draws breath!
    No doubt, Khazad-dûm start stiff with Dwarves indeed ;D

But, I was wondering - something hit me when watching various previews - no artillery at all? Even for the dwarves? While I IMMENSLY respect you not giving factions crossbows, as they were never mentioned, catapults at least were - and I really think Dwarves would be able to work out the mechanics of a catapult or a ballista.
    Oh, the siege weapon models have not been changed, and crew rarely so, that they've simply been left out of the previews.
    However, all factions have ballistae and catapults; no trebuchets however. Siege weapons are not as frequent as in TATW and other mods, but feared whenever they appear ^^

I can't wait to play the mod and banish the evil from Middle-Earth forevermore, establishing a grand kingdom of Dwarves that will stretch as far as the eye can see and last till the end of days.

Baruk khazad! Khazad ai-menu!
    May you enjoy! The Kingdom of Khazad-dûm is an interesting campaign! You start with three diverse regions under your control, three theaters of war: Ered Luin, Misty Mountains and the Iron Hills.
    You'll instantly find that you can not expand from all at once or you strech thin and bankrupt, but must chose which one, or which two, that seems best for you. But each choice also present a risk.
    If you do not invest in Ered Luin, will the Hill-men of the North use that weakness? Or if you stay put in Khazad-dûm, the Orcs of the Misty Mountains grow strong. Or if you focus on the western regions, Rhûn will muster their forces and can be expected to have an open road to the Iron Hills. Decisions, decisions - for a restless axe
    Last edited by Ngugi; August 21, 2018 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    No doubt, Khazad-dûm start stiff with Dwarves indeed ;D
    Oh, right. I kinda didn't think about it. xD

As for the choices and difficulty - I'm all about it, especially since I play a little (too) aggresively in Total Wars and it often bites me in the ass later. I'll probably record it, so you'll be able to see how I do. xD I once did a let's play of Lotr-tw mod during which I talked at length about Middle-Earth lore and my opinion on the books and films and the differences between them. But I had a horrible microphone back then and the quality is rather unbearable. Now I have significantly better equipment, so the release of DCI will be a nice occassion to re-do that lore series while kicking some Morgoth spawn ass.

A positive reminder ^^

Aha, nice! Yeah, microphone quality makes great difference, got myself a new one recently for that reason. Looking foreward to see some spirited Let's Plays indeed

Just announce that next faction for a double-preview has been settled, and seasoned TW players can sharpen their blades for a huge DCI challenge.

As last time, expect a close look on dreadful commanders of war in a while, followed by a video about a week after.

I'm already excited!

I love to see what you made of the Misty Mountain orcs.
    Last edited by Ngugi; August 26, 2018 at 09:31 PM.

Ohh man

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

The DCI team is happy to present the fearsome Boldogs

BOLDOGS

Just as greater Maiar took the physical forms of Balrogs, Dragons, spiders and other beasts, some less powerful of the fallen Maiar in Morgoth's service took upon themselves the guise of Orcs, only much more powerful and perilous ones. Thus it was that the histories from the First Age speak of Great Orcs or Orc-captains who were not slain, and who reappeared in battle through years far longer than the span of the lives of Men.
    Now in the Second Age the new Dark Lord Sauron has summoned all evil that inhabits Middle-earth and some of these former, terrifying, generals and agents of Morgoth have heeded his call. Their armour is from the smithies of Barad-dûr itself and they carry arms that are enchanted for cruel purposes. They are put in command where the need for them is great, and the Dark Lord has great expectations on the North: to see Arnor fall, and the Elven nations eradicated.
    To this end, he send his Boldog commanders to strengthen the wars of the Orcs of the Misty Mountains and the Hill-men of the North, and they gladly let loose their hate and destructive will upon the Free Peoples...

COMMANDERS

BODYGUARD

Sauron's of Mordor terrible form is that of a man of more than human stature, but not gigantic, yet he is more feared than any dragon or other remaining demon. Not because of his prowess as a warrior, a wise lord uses others as his weapon, but because of his cunning and his dreadful powers as a sorcerer, and the world trembles in fear of the seemingly endless amount of hosts commanded by his dark theocracy.
    When he is forced to personally take part in battle however, he don a cruel black armour and brings his personal guard of Boldogs, deadly and forceful.

SAURON

Making of the Boldogs: I conceptualized the Boldogs with the help of Ngugi and Araval and I sought to reach new levels of quality and variety with this unit. The bodyguard and generals have combined over 40 brand new individually modeled and textured pieces of equipment plus 2 pieces made by Briarius for Myth Total War (skull and withered corpse). The original body and head was modeled by Lu Bu edited and textured by me.
    Visually the Boldogs are mostly based on the extensive concept art work done by Weta for Azog.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    The DCI team is happy to present the fearsome Boldogs

BOLDOGS

Just as greater Maiar took the physical forms of Balrogs, Dragons, spiders and other beasts, some less powerful of the fallen Maiar in Morgoth's service took upon themselves the guise of Orcs, only much more powerful and perilous ones. Thus it was that the histories from the First Age speak of Great Orcs or Orc-captains who were not slain, and who reappeared in battle through years far longer than the span of the lives of Men.
    Now in the Second Age the new Dark Lord Sauron has summoned all evil that inhabits Middle-earth and some of these former, terrifying, generals and agents of Morgoth have heeded his call. Their armour is from the smithies of Barad-dûr itself and they carry arms that are enchanted for cruel purposes. They are put in command where the need for them is great, and the Dark Lord has great expectations on the North: to see Arnor fall, and the Elven nations eradicated.
    To this end, he send his Boldog commanders to strengthen the wars of the Orcs of the Misty Mountains and the Hill-men of the North, and they gladly let loose their hate and destructive will upon the Free Peoples...

COMMANDERS

BODYGUARD

Sauron's of Mordor terrible form is that of a man of more than human stature, but not gigantic, yet he is more feared than any dragon or other remaining demon. Not because of his prowess as a warrior, a wise lord uses others as his weapon, but because of his cunning and his dreadful powers as a sorcerer, and the world trembles in fear of the seemingly endless amount of hosts commanded by his dark theocracy.
    When he is forced to personally take part in battle however, he don a cruel black armour and brings his personal guard of Boldogs, deadly and forceful.

SAURON

Making of the Boldogs: I conceptualized the Boldogs with the help of Ngugi and Araval and I sought to reach new levels of quality and variety with this unit. The bodyguard and generals have combined over 40 brand new individually modeled and textured pieces of equipment plus 2 pieces made by Briarius for Myth Total War (skull and withered corpse). The original body and head was modeled by Lu Bu edited and textured by me.
    Visually the Boldogs are mostly based on the extensive concept art work done by Weta for Azog.
    You have outdone yourself guys

Superb work!

Sadly I can't give you anymore reputation as of right now jaja. But I would gladly spam that button like 100 times, this is just way too good.

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Boldog (fallen maiar) generals & BG preview (page 125)

Amazing work on the Boldogs! Can't wait to play with them!

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Boldog (fallen maiar) generals & BG preview (page 125)

Wow! Jaw-dropping. You exceeded yourselves yet again.

Easily the best looking orcs in any TATW mods I've seen - wow!

Also, you guys have certainly been ramping up the previews lately. Hopefully bodes well for a release in the nearish future

El Monstero29's Avatar Semisalis

You guys never cease to amaze with the quality and passion you poor into this mod. I agree with stalebread, these are the best looking orc units I have ever seen!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

can I just say.....
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

Incredible, absolutely stunning work LL. The detail is unreal +rep