Page 50 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2540414243444546474849505152535455565758596075100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 3265

Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance Total War - WIP. Map preview updated 16th March

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Thanks mate
    The support is much appreaciated!

Thanks, credits goes to Withwnar for the modding
    Dunno, as I can it not, but this seems a good outlet ^^ Thanks for the info
    Should it actually bew written Eryn'ond, can't recall I've ever seen a name with an ' though that may well be my memory. Is Erynond proper then?
    When using Sindarin to name places Tolkien would often lose a few letters or features to allow it flow better. For example, Anfalas meaning 'Long shore' from And and Falas (If this was used in a sentence and not as a place name it would be 'falas and'). However, when naming forests, he always follows the mutation pattern to the letter for example Eryn Galen meaning 'Green Wood' comes from eryn - wood and calen - green, similarly Eryn Vorn comes from morn - black. So in this case, it would remain as Eryn 'ond but it isn't as stuttery as it looks, it would be pronounced in two syllables as Eroo-nond.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

I have no issue with the grammar and evolution of it, just curious about the spelling To me it seems it should be written "Erynond" rather than "Eryn'ond" since as far as I can tell Tolkien didn't tend to use ' in names?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I have no issue with the grammar and evolution of it, just curious about the spelling To me it seems it should be written "Erynond" rather than "Eryn'ond" since as far as I can tell Tolkien didn't tend to use ' in names?
    I think you are right Ngugi. I can't find a place name that ever uses the mutation of G without removing the '.

I shall hold my thumbs for that you find a name with ' sooner or later

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Senator

Wait the Blue mountains are deserted? what madness is this, shurely there must be atleast a unplayable dorf faction there?

No, certainly not haha. Narg-dûm in the mountains north of the Gulf of Lune and Baraz-dûm in the mountains south of the Gulf are Dwarven settlements.
    Most of the Dwarves who lived in the Ered Luin did live in the south part so we have given them that new settlement*, and removed the furtherest north of Ered Luin as a starting settlement.

http://i.imgur.com/HjkECwP.jpg

*Assume gameplay reasons been the reasons this has not been the case in TATW, the area being surroundedby Lindon, but we think it will work out fine.

Senator

Shame, I wanted to rebuild Belegost.

The use of the gasdil ('), stopgap, with the lenition of 'G' to zero occurs in the name Ered-'orgoroth in A and QS II per CT. But that is pre-LotR and post LotR it is Ered Orgoroth beside Gorgoroth and occasionally emended to Ered Gorgoroth. That is, Tolkien was not entirely consistent. See Lost Road. It is also used in the essay on the Istari in UT: Curunir 'Lan, Saruman the White.
    Last edited by Infidel144; March 17, 2014 at 07:50 PM.

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

well any news?
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

So you chose the vanilla map instead of the DAC one?

Quote Originally Posted by dannyalex View Post
    well any news?
    Hehe, I don't when you last checked danny', so it's a bit hard for me to know ^^

But assume that after the Rhûn sneak peak it's been this
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13707321
    and
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13710894

Quote Originally Posted by Red Viper View Post
    So you chose the vanilla map instead of the DAC one?
    Yes

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

yummi !
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

OMG !! That map is looking beautiful !

Earl Dibbles Jr's Avatar Campidoctor
    On a need-to-know basis, and you don't need to know.

Can't wait for this to come out, good luck with the pesky technical issues associated with mod releases!

Thanks mate
    Gladly I can't say we see any such obsticles in our way (knock on wood), but rather the ambitious goals hehe; yet a beta during the summer remain our reasonable target

Hi mate! I put here some pictures that I think that could serve as inspiration for the Rhun units.

Gokturks

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

http://elbilge.ucoz.com/_ph/9/2/410060645.jpg

Tibetans

Mongols

Hello Rampante'
    Thanks for the input, you'll find that this is both close and in some cases the very same pictures we have had up when we discussed the Rhûn roster concepts.
    I long till we can provide you a preview of Earl of Memory's great work ^^

whe will you post this mod in public?

Hello Rampante'
    Thanks for the input, you'll find that this is both close and in some cases the very same pictures we have had up when we discussed the Rhûn roster concepts.
    I long till we can provide you a preview of Earl of Memory's great work ^^

Great! The wait will be a madness for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Wolf View Post
    whe will you post this mod in public?
    We aim for a beta during the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Rampante-Cid View Post
    Great! The wait will be a madness for me
    Just make sure you don't get locked in by men in white robes in the meanwhile, would become much harder to play then ^^