Page 29 of 164 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738395479129 ... LastLast

Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - WIP. Preview of Lindon (HE) + the Númenórean roster added

A little typo, in the eldar cavalry description :
    The Eldar Vavalry

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - WIP. Preview of Lindon (HE) + the Númenórean roster added

What? Where? I just went back and edited and I see no typos in my description text?
    ( Thanks for the heads up)

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Hey, cool preview guys!

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

A little lore doubt if I may... Wasn't Ereinion Gil-Galad son of Fingon? He was Fingolfin's grandson am I right? How come then you guys describe him as Orodreth's (Finrod Felagund's brother) son? Am I mistaking something?

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

fingon is his farther in the the silmarillion but it was corrected in the shibboleoth of feanor it names orodreth god dam spelling fictional hard words...

im sure ngugi wil be along with quotes (no idea how he finds them so quickly)

edit number six i think.... http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Gil-g...he_Legendarium

the short end of it ... Finarfin -> Angrod ->Orodreth ->Gil-Galad because i have confused myself... cleared it up abit i know what was confusing me now

in the simarillion he is the son of Fingon but in the early Simarillion he is Finrods son ... sooo confused
    Last edited by knight of meh; February 23, 2013 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindjal83 View Post
    A little lore doubt if I may... Wasn't Ereinion Gil-Galad son of Fingon? He was Fingolfin's grandson am I right? How come then you guys describe him as Orodreth's (Finrod Felagund's brother) son? Am I mistaking something?
    both yes and no hehe, Gil's father is a classic example on Tolkien's never ending changes and why the published Silmarillion as a rule is not counted as canon.
    At one time Tolkien's plan was that Fingon was the father, but this was abandoned. His last decisiom was Orodreth, grandson [sic!] of Finarfin. This vad not been written into the stories so Christopher judged it to demand to much rewriting to use.
    See HoME 12

I love it as it make Finarfins house Sauron's nemesis; one foe each age: Finrod, Gil-galad and Galadriel

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

cleaned my post up a bit now between getting confused between the "Fin's..." and mis-spelling stuff ... i most have edited that last post 15 times...

Those units are some of the best i have ever seen! And you guys are doing really amazing work, keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Curufin View Post
    Also bear in mind that Lindon and the Numenoreans in the north will still have to deal with Ootm and some of the wildmen factions.

Also glad people are our enjoying our hard work .
    we do curufin. We appreciate it a great deal trust me..

When it does come out, i will be playing arnor+gondor first to get revenge for numenor..

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    @ Glamdring

You're on right track with scripts yes

As it is currently planned Lindon generals will be foot soldiers, with the exception of Glorfindel, Gildor Inglorion and perhaps Erestor, based on in lore mainly presented dismounted general warriors - and it make the game harder for a Lindon player hoho.

The Leauge [Last Alliance] is intended to be the Tôl Acharn-feature itself, known from DCI: Tôl Acharn
    In that way we can have Lindon, Numenorean Kingdoms, Lórien and Eryn Galen participate in joint military operations to strike at Followers of Sauron-factions anywhere (and call upon Dwarves and Northmen as well if the player, which the the AI may not and AI won't participate in such foul deeds hehe).
    The war of the Last Alliance have been spoken of for long but it was not until I learned how to re-code religions and Withwnar developed the DCI-scripts I did consider there was any way to make it good, since first now the good factions can make attacks across the maps upon Sauron and his blokes
    Quote Originally Posted by Curufin View Post
    Also bear in mind that Lindon and the Numenoreans in the north will still have to deal with Ootm and some of the wildmen factions.

Also glad people are our enjoying our hard work .
    You guys are Masters I Love You .

so do i. Its just we all have for you guys love.... <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxbROMQTjKg

Damn it guys, you force me to use this on greatful behalf of the team and DCI: Last Alliance itself

@ Glamdring
    As it is currently planned Lindon generals will be foot soldiers, with the exception of Glorfindel, Gildor Inglorion and perhaps Erestor, based on in lore mainly presented dismounted general warriors - and it make the game harder for a Lindon player hoho.
    Very nice indeed. I guess it will make Lindon a lot harder indeed, cause in early game generals is all you have...

But oh well, I like it!

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Damn Silmarillion making me look like a fool! I've always thought that Gol-Galad was Fingon's son but after being enlightened by the knight of meh and the lore-master Ngugi, I stand corrected! The thing is, I didn't even knew that existed other books concerning that matter... Guess that I must update my Tolkien library ASAP.

both yes and no hehe, Gil's father is a classic example on Tolkien's never ending changes and why the published Silmarillion as a rule is not counted as canon.
    At one time Tolkien's plan was that Fingon was the father, but this was abandoned. His last decisiom was Orodreth, grandson [sic!] of Finarfin. This vad not been written into the stories so Christopher judged it to demand to much rewriting to use.
    See HoME 12

I love it as it make Finarfins house Sauron's nemesis; one foe each age: Finrod, Gil-galad and Galadriel
    Damn it guys, you force me to use this on greatful behalf of the team and DCI: Last Alliance itself

Indeed in Sauron's Mind: Ahhhh Fuuuuu that Finarfin and his House always doing something to screw my plans. First they came to Stop my Master at Beleriand , then this fool of Gil-galad comes to my doorstep and challenge me and dies by my hand.. idiot , and when I think it is over Galadriel moves to Lothlorien with Nenya and I can't invade damm that House.

Awee Ngugi was force to use the powerful Love of Galadriel I Feel Honored .

Question:

Speaking of the House of Finarfin/Finrod Gildor Inglorion was also of that House and I read somewhere that perhaps Glorfindel may be a member but I'm not sure.

Now in the game will Ereinion Gil-galad have his own special bodyguard Unit compose of Longspears like him with Aeglos or will he have the same General Bodyguards armed with Swords.
    Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; February 24, 2013 at 11:04 AM.

Glorfindel the resurrected guy?
    his ancestry is unknown the best we have i believe is that he was kin to Turgon who'es farther was Fingolfin , Finarfin's brother

Edit: song of ice and fire my
    if you want complicated characters and family trees you come here
    Last edited by knight of meh; February 24, 2013 at 09:04 AM.

Gildor Inglorion is a bit of an enigma. This is how he describes himself:
    ‘I am Gildor,’ answered their leader, the Elf who had first hailed him. ‘Gildor Inglorion of the House of Finrod. We are Exiles, and most of our kindred have long ago departed and we too are now only tarrying here a while, ere we return over the Great Sea. But some of our kinsfolk dwell still in peace in Rivendell.’
    - FotR; Three is Company
    At this time, when Tolkien wrote it, Finrod was the name for Finwës third son Finarfin.
    Inglorion in turn mean 'Son of Inglor', and at this time Inglor was the name of [Finrod] Felagund.

This, in the published Silmarillion's terminology, would mean Gildor is son of Finrod Felegaund son of Finarfin.
    But Tolkien never included Gildor anywhere in any geneology or elsewhere put him in relationship with the royal family, but he also never edited the comment and we know Tolkien was hard on to acknowledge what was printed (or edited in later prints) as 'canon' - something he was to adjust to.
    This open for a lot of possible suggestions on relationships, but personally, due to the fact that even if Tolkien was hard on to follow what had been printed he still never included Gildor, I mean that "the House of Finrod [Finarfin]" has a more figuratively significance. It presumably mean Gildor, a son of a bloke named Inglor and a lord in his own right, belonged to the Noldor who followed Finarfin's House into and in Middle-earth under the Exile and after. Presume he lived in Nargothrond for example.
    He will not be made a relative of Gil-galad.

Glorfindel was a prince, which should be read as duke [highest nobles under king; see Imrahil and Faramir] and/or simply highest lord of a none-royal house. In The Fall of Gondolin we meet him as the prinnce of the House of the Golden Flower:
    There stood the house of the Golden Flower who bare a rayed sun upon their shield, and their chief Glorfindel bare a mantle so broidered in threads of gold that it was diapered with celandine as a field in spring; and his arms were damascened with cunning gold.
    - HoME 2

"Yes, you saw him for a moment as he is upon the other side: one of the mighty of the Firstborn. He is an Elf-lord of a house of princes."
    - Gandalf, FotR; Many Meetings
    He has no family ties to Gil-galad

EDIT
    We have planned to give some custom generals.
    - Gil-galad will have Noldor spearmen
    - Elrond will have Noldor archers
    - Glorfindel will have Eldar cavalry
    - Gildor will have archers or archer cavalry
    - Erestor, if included, will possibly have Eldar cavalry too
    Last edited by Ngugi; February 24, 2013 at 09:19 AM.

Glorfindel was a prince, which should be read as duke . In The Fall of Gondolin we meet him as the prinnce of the House of the Golden Flower:
    He has no family ties to Gil-galad
    sort of what i meant by kin i was interrupted and last my train of thought
    also i thought it was considered a possibility that Glorfindel was a descended of one of Finwe's daughters and therefore distantly related to Gil-galad . (had to run back to websites to make sure this was a thing and not just me mis-remembering something )

Possibly Glorfindel was Vanyar and Noldor according to Tolkien...cause of his golden hair....Noldor wher dark haired