Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Palantiri and Galadriel's Mirror-video out 20th Oct (page 129)

No, in the book we only get an explosion, fair and square. There's no scene of Saruman preparing any device, no description of in what form it took, how it was its transported nor even any description of how its positioned in the culvert.
    Everything we know about it from the book is found in this quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Two Towers; Helm's Deep
    Even as they spoke there came a blare of trumpets. Then there was a crash and a flash of flame and smoke. The waters of the Deeping-stream poured out hissing and foaming: they were choked no longer, a gaping hole was blasted in the wall. A host of dark shapes poured in.
    'Devilry of Saruman!' cried Aragorn. 'They have crept in the culvert again, while we talked, and they have lit the fire of Orthanc beneath our feet. (...)'
    The film thus take liberties, which is not a complaint, merely a conclusion, though a specific topic that is not of concern for this mod so refer to the TGD-thread if of interest to discuss further by folks.

As for the voices, I do not recall ATM. They'll be checked when I'm at it, whether the case. From my vague memory I don't recall the Dunedain impressed me, so think your bias is correct

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Palantiri and Galadriel's Mirror-video out 20th Oct (page 129)

Thanks for the detailed answer, Ngugi, and excuse the delayed reply, it's been busy lately. Hopefully I'll have some free time this winter to enjoy your mod and do some modding of my own.

By the way, I'm not ashamed to admit that I fell completely for your last video (link for those who haven't seen it) despite the (not so) subtle clue .

Quote Originally Posted by Alekhine View Post
    Thanks for the detailed answer, Ngugi, and excuse the delayed reply, it's been busy lately. Hopefully I'll have some free time this winter to enjoy your mod and do some modding of my own.
    Happy to
    Game design isn't something often discussed as a topic, and I think it's fruitful to do so, for anyone who consider to mod and develop, and whether the topic. Discussions about "why" and not only about "what", such speaking ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Alekhine View Post
    By the way, I'm not ashamed to admit that I fell completely for your last video (link for those who haven't seen it) despite the (not so) subtle clue.
    Yeah, people tell me so haha, though I honestly did not intend to target the viewer, only Sam

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

It's been a long while since I've been on these forums, but I'm glad to see you guys still modding away!

Indeed, six years into the project we're hard at it still, tying the sack together
    Last edited by Ngugi; November 01, 2018 at 04:47 PM.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

You guys put a lot of hard work into tying that sack together. LOL. Lurkers here are no doubt salivating over its release date. This mod was once a thing of light and beauty and music. And so it shall be once more. FOR GONDOR!

Rather: this mod was once

... a king on cavern throne,
    with many-pillared halls of stone
    with golden roofs and silver floor
    and runes of power upon the door.
    The light of sun and star and moon
    in shining lamps of crystal hewn
    undimmed by cloud or shade at night
    that shone forever bare and bright!

And so it shall be once more. FOR :wub:!

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Ye looks like it might be a bit of a decent mod tbh

Quite adequate

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

It's alrigth
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Somewhat decent, if we are lucky.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Such high praises, man it has to suck >>

We don't need to blow our own horn, the game will stand on its own merits ^^
    Last edited by Ngugi; November 03, 2018 at 02:51 PM.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Guess my joke-post did it's job, kind of..?

Dare to say so, ol' chap

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Indeed it did, as jokes like this does it honour as much ad higher words who cannot be high enough
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Icon11 Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Palantiri and Galadriel's Mirror-video out 20th Oct (page 129)

Quote Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
    It's been a long while since I've been on these forums, but I'm glad to see you guys still modding away!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Indeed, six years into the project we're hard at it still, tying the sack together
    Indeed

Six good years of hard work and a lot of testing. I can say with all confidence that this is probably one of the most polished and balance mods out there by far.
    This and MOS, for me are the pinnacle of TATW modding.

Thank you Pyres, pardon the long wait, hehe, you've encouraged us for a long time now

The DCI team proudly presents the Northmen of

Rhovanion

A folk renowned for proud horse-lords, keen archers and warriors forming sturdy shield walls.
    Rhovanion is the bulwark of the northern and eastern frontiers, in the great War for Middle-earth.

Source: https://youtu.be/N1_jX3lWBQA

Note 1: Araval made the new unit cards except for those by misteed: Warda Spearmen, Freiswair Warriors, Baúrgs Bowmen, Daurawarda Longbowmen, first tier cavalry and general.

Note 2: Ataulf's and Mahrwini's portraits originated from Naras' work, edited by Araval.

Note 3: Rhovanion is offered to join Tôl Acharns if allied to the faction calling it, but can not invoke it as they have the Northmen-culture.

TIME STAMPS
    Lore 01:20
    Faction properties and goals 07:10
    Starting settlements & buildings 7:35
    Expansion options 11:50
    Diplomacy 14:10
    Recruitment variations 15:30
    Starting generals 17:40
    Princes 20:20
    Generals & BG models 24:20
    Army Roster 30:20
    Credits 44:20
    Last edited by Ngugi; November 13, 2018 at 01:33 AM.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Rhovanion preview-video out 13th Nov (page 130)

The Northmen of Rhovanion are looking great, very awesome stuff, but where's the love for the Elven women Ngugi? Galadriel is so thick and juicy you could bounce a Tharni silver coin off her tightly-squeezed buns. Those butt cheeks alone could be used like bongo drums to sound the alarm for attack. Arwen has got milk jugs and gazongas that she could use to smother and pacify the enemy, beating them mercilessly with her breasts and suffocating them in her cleavage. Clearly you haven't thought of the potential for Elven lasses.

Nice work with the video, it's a really superb walk through of the campaign. That thumbnail artwork is also really, really cool.