Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Cinematic video + Galadriel preview + Middle Men Portraits (all page 132)

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post
    Here's the video i've made of this mod. What do you think of it?
    Click on the image to see it.

Thank you for a great video!

Featured are glimpses of new Mordor units by Earl of Memory!
    Last edited by Araval; December 14, 2018 at 03:42 PM.

Fahnat's Avatar Ordinarius
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Cinematic video + Galadriel preview + Middle Men Portraits (all page 132)

Changed the post to have directly the youtube video. Check it out and subscribe

Good job!
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

Rhovanion, Rhûn and Orcs Custom Portraits Preview

Here's a preview of new Rhovanion, Rhûn and Orc portraits that I've created for DCI: Last Alliance. As there haven't been many of these, they've been made into one preview.

Old versions for all, except for orc and Fritigern, portraits have also been created.

The portraits here are blurred to give an approximate idea how they'd look like in the game.

Last edited by Araval; December 15, 2018 at 07:51 AM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Your Galadriel, with her golden armour and suitably elven mantle, is very impressive. I'm impressed, too, by her Veil of Lorien ability in the campaign map and by the representation of her and her boydguards on the battlefield. The general portraits are well done and I enjoyed Fahnat's atmsopheric video.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Thanks Alwyn for the compliments on the galadriel character model. We're glad everyone is enjoying the previews and there is still more coming soon.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Thanking all who support us as Upcoming Mod 2018 at ModDB, the DCI team is happy to present

Lindon Lords I

The Kingdom of Lindon streches along the coast and the Gulf of Lune, with a stronghold at Imladris to ward Eriador from intrusion.
    The realm was founded by refugees from Beleriand at the beginning of the Second Age, and here lives in friendship Nandor and Sindar Elves under the Noldor.

Cirdan, Lord of the Havens

Nowë is a was the first mariner in Middle-earth; his epithet "Círdan" actually means "Shipwright".
    The Valar requested him to stay in Middle-earth instead of crossing over to Valinor early in the First Age, and he remained as the Lord of the Falas, the coast of Beleriand. He ruled those Sindar who are known as the Falathrim, the Coast People.
    His liege was his kinsman Elu Thingol of Doriath, High king of the Sindar. This also makes him a relative of Celeborn, Galadriel and Elrond.
    In apperance he is very tall, and already among the oldest in Middle-earth he has a beard, which is rare for Elves.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Falathrim fought the armies of Morgoth, from the very first Battle of Beleriand until the last, enduring many defeats, and many fruitless victories. Together with Cirdan, Eärendil crafted the legendary ship Vingilot, that brough salvation from Morgoth to Middle-earth.
    At the dawn of the Second Age many of those Falathrim who survived settled in Lindon, abiding with Cirdan who became a great lord in Mithlond under High King Gil-galad. They mingled with other Sindar kinsmen in Lindon, and remained steadfast brother-in-arms of the Noldor.

Through the Age Cirdan befriended sailors and princes from Númenor and shared with them his skill and knowledge, ere it sunk under the Sea.
    He is wise and posesses foresight beyond the measure of all other Elves in Middle-earth. Gil-galad entrusted him to protect Narya, the Ring of Fire, as the War against Sauron is at hand.
    Into battle he goes with trusted Falathrim Bodyguards, who take it upon themselves to protect their Lord.

Cirdan is made by Araval
    Cirdan credits: Lü Bu for the base model, T&D and G|I|Sandy for base bone assignments, Curufin for the sword, SHREDDER for head model and textures, King Kong for the beard, Hummingbird for the circlet.

The Falathrim Bodyguard is created by Arioria of mithlond
    Based on the TATW models made by Louis Lux.

Ereinion Gil-galad, High King of the Noldor

Gil-galad was born in Beleriand as the son of Orodreth and a Sindar woman. His name means "Star of Radiance" and it has been said it was given by his mother for the brightness of his eyes.
    On his father's side he was an heir of Finwë, so after High King Turgon of Gondolin fell in the First Age Gil-galad became the sixth High King of the Noldor in Middle-earth.
    As king he added the name Ereinion, which means "Scion of kings".

In the Second Age Gil-galad ruled Lindon and all the Elves west of the Misty Mountains. Eriador was under his dominion, with the realm of Eregion as the eastern stronghold of the Eldar, where it lay in the shadow of Khazad-dûm.
    He befriended the Dúnedain of Númenor when they came back to Middle-earth in the 8th century onwards, and maintained relationship with their kings. He was worried that a Shadow was over Middle-earth once more, though it was not known for long that it was Sauron who had risen as the new Dark Lord.

Ereinion wisely rejected offers of aid from Annatar, a stranger that appeared about year 1200, and who later was revealed to be Sauron.
    The Noldor in Eregion did not listen to the warnings however. Their smiths were tricked into crafting the Rings of Power, but when Sauron's plot was discovered two of the Three formeost Rings were given to Gil-galad for safe keeeping. He later gave one to Cirdan and the other to Elrond.
    Sauron was enraged he had failed to enslave the Elves, and started the War of the Elves and Sauron in 1695. Eregion was destroyed, Eriador devastated, Imladris besieged and Lindon itself desperately defended. Gil-galad could however see through the darkness to victory in 1701, thanks to aid from Númenor that he had called for.

Ever since then the king of Lindon has continued to ward the northwest of Middle-earth against evil incursions, and kept good diplomatic relationship with Lothlórien and the Dúnedain of Númenor who settled in Anor and Gondor.
    He became a personal friend of Elendil, High King of the Dúnedain, in the year 3319. Númenor may have sunk under the Sea, but there is still strength among the survivors, and that is good, because Sauron has returned to Mordor.
    In the year 3429 the Dark Lord strikes at Minas Ithil and Elendil turn to his friend to form an Alliance of Elves and Men. Lindon will come to aid, for the might of the Elves is still great and against Aeglos the spear of Gil-galad none can stand.

Coronet:

Gil-glad is made by Louis Lux
    Credits for Gil-galad; Razor- eldar base 3d model and texture. Yarrum - sword and legs 3d model. Lu Bü - head and hands 3d model.

And in case you missed out on the latest cinematic video, see here

By Fahnat (OtherRealm Productions on youtube)
    Last edited by Ngugi; December 20, 2018 at 09:39 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Gil-galad & Cirdan preview (page 133) + Cinematic video and Galadriel preview (page 132)

Great showcase Ngugi! Though I must say, Gil-Galad looks a tad better like this
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Gil-galad & Cirdan preview (page 133) + Cinematic video and Galadriel preview (page 132)

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Great showcase Ngugi! Though I must say, Gil-Galad looks a tad better like this
    Thanks for the shout out!

Haha, the Second Age is a cruel world for villains and heroes alike

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I know I could just look it up, but honestly I am too lazy for that, so I just ask: How many faction previews are still pending until now?

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'dib Atreides View Post
    I know I could just look it up, but honestly I am too lazy for that, so I just ask: How many faction previews are still pending until now?
    Lindon, Numenor and Mordor I believe, saving the biggest for last
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Aye, so it is

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Lindon, Numenor and Mordor I believe, saving the biggest for last
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Aye, so it is
    Thanks guys! So it seems that completion is not too far off, eh

Numenorean Custom Portraits Preview

Here's a preview of new numenorean portraits that I've created for DCI: Last Alliance.

Since there aren't many resources around, though they're important for immersion, I've tried to do the best I could with them.

Note:
    * credit also goes to Louis Lux for making Anarion's base image

Numenorized other portraits are mostly from vanilla, two were made by cino.

All, except for Herumor, Fuinur and Ugru, shall also have old versions in the game.

The portraits here are blurred to give an approximate idea how they'd look like in the game.

And in case you haven't yet, don't forget to vote for us in the ModDB Mod of the Year awards! There is not much time remaining!
    Last edited by Araval; December 20, 2018 at 03:12 PM.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Cirdan needs a moustache to go with that magnificent beard I rekon.

Citizen

Blog Entries

I find the Gil-galad model is so awesome that i want to make another video like the previous one dedicated to him.

Gil-galad was an Elven-king.
    Of him the harpers sadly sing;
    the last whose realm was fair and free
    between the Mountains and the Sea.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

I'm biased but I would love a video featuring my heroes and the boldogs.

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Cirdan needs a moustache to go with that magnificent beard I rekon.
    Indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post
    I find the Gil-galad model is so awesome that i want to make another video like the previous one dedicated to him.

Gil-galad was an Elven-king.
    Of him the harpers sadly sing;
    the last whose realm was fair and free
    between the Mountains and the Sea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    I'm biased but I would love a video featuring my heroes and the boldogs.
    We shall certainly look into that with haste ^^
    (Treebeard shakes his head, but won't be disappointed)