Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Video preview of OotMM out (page 126) + Boldog preview (page 125)

Glad you did

Them? I begun their presentation with stating they're WIP and are worked on before I even mentioned their name, to make it clear they're nothing to mind yet, haha they don't have completed model, textures or even right size there

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Fahnat's Avatar Ordinarius
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Video preview of OotMM out (page 126) + Boldog preview (page 125)

I am quite interested in this mod. Is there any news of it's eventual release?

We're happy to hear so, Fahnat.
    Date no, though we tie the bag together ATM, our videos is the sign of that [seven of thirtheen out by now], so just keep an eye on that count-down

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Citizen

Blog Entries

I'm impressed with the previews of this submod, expecially the story behind the recruitment system of the OMM.
    I wanted to know if most of the units will be unique to this mod or many of the models will be taken from previous mods and submods?

Our factions usually have between three quarters and all new models.
    Factions like Wild Men of Enedwaith and Men of the Mountains have all new models. Númenórean Kingdoms I think have least with slightly unler 80%, but then again, even when we used TATW models we often made small tweaks, like changed shields, so they're not completly like units in other games anyway. Models taken from other mods than TATW are rare, can be counted on two hands IIRC.
    So, the unspecific answer is that most are new, hehe.

I've been following this mod for awhile now and it just keeps looking better and better! I appreciate you doing the long-form YouTube previews, as they're very interesting to watch.

Please keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to the day when I'll get to play as well.

I do try to keep them short haha, but there's always something more to speak about! Thanks though

We're looking foreward to you to

1.2 million views. Why doesnt this mod have its own section instead of thread?

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    1.2 million views. Why doesnt this mod have its own section instead of thread?
    We've not released yet, and even once we have, we'll see if there's any need for that. Thanks for the confidence though ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    So, the unspecific answer is that most are new, hehe.
    And more than fine !

Merci beaucoup
    We been keen on keep a solid quality throughout over the years, to avoid a sense of units coming from different soruces, and we're happy with the result.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Brilliant work, I'm very much looking forward to the full release! I remember when I did some beta-testing back in the day, and it was very good. Speaking of, are any testers needed?
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Brilliant work, I'm very much looking forward to the full release! I remember when I did some beta-testing back in the day, and it was very good. Speaking of, are any testers needed?
    Thanks on behalf of the team. Getting feedback is part of what keeps us going.

As for testers, we could always use a few more, so if you think you can spare the time, go for it. Well, you know the drill, but for those who don't:
    PM me about it and I will contact you.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Default DCI: Last Alliance - Video for Men of the Mountain out (page 127)

It is time for the

Men of the Mountains

Through an hour's tirade the DCI team proudly presents the Men of the Mountains, with their very alive warriors, standing at a crossroad: both Isildur and Sauron desire their support in the great War for Middle-earth.
    Will the Men of the Mountains prove to be Oathbreakers or Oathkeepers, or decide to walk their own path? You decide!

Source (for better view size): https://youtu.be/cIE_wxcANB4

MotM generals' screen shots previewed here.

TIME STAMPS
    Lore 01:45
    Chose culture 07:10
    Example change 19:30
    Consequences 22:00
    Easy/hard cultures? 25:00
    Starting character 29:00
    Generals & BG models 32:26
    Army Roster 36:35
    Credits 50:55
    Last edited by Ngugi; September 14, 2018 at 11:21 PM.

Selerz's Avatar Civis

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Video for Men of the Mountain out 15th Sept (page 127)

Looken amazing. Thanks for the dev diary

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Video for Men of the Mountain out 15th Sept (page 127)

We're glad it's appriciated

El Monstero29's Avatar Semisalis

I'm loving how frequently these previews are coming out now! I bet it feels just as good on your end to be pumping them out at this rate, Ngugi. This is number 8 of 13, correct?

Strat map models aside, when we in general can call a faction done, off it goes to video land, hehe.
    Correct, 8 of 13 factions are now displayed.

Citizen

Blog Entries

There will be only 13 factions?
    Or will there be new versions of this mod that had more factions?

The thirteen factions avilable are the factions and the amount intended from the start of the project. "More is better because its more" is a way of thinking that has never held sway over us, hehe, we merely make the best of what we intend and deem appropriate ^^