Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Elrond & Gildor preview (page 134) + Gil-galad & Cirdan preview (page 133)

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    Just popping in to say that after all years it's amazing to see TATW modding is doing strong - great job to all involved!!
    Glad to see an old-timer popping in! Thank you! Hope you'll have a chance to play the mod once we're out!
    Last edited by Araval; January 05, 2019 at 06:53 AM.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Elrond & Gildor preview (page 134) + Gil-galad & Cirdan preview (page 133)

The Elrond model looks...weird.
    Not that the model is bad, but, it doesn't look like the actor of the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post
    The Elrond model looks...weird.
    Not that the model is bad, but, it doesn't look like the actor of the movies.
    That is true, but he still looks awesome and unique.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post
    , it doesn't look like the actor of the movies.
    Good thing the mod is book-based then
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

As for content overall the books are our core, though for visuals we're often going with the films aesthetics. Now, undefined assessment aside, to each his own obviously, we're happy with the most like Elrond we've yet had the pleasure to field in battle against Mordor

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Hugo weaving has a weird face so it's kind of hard to capture his likeness. I already made some changes in the renders from my previous post, if someone can pinpoint areas that can be improved let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Have just published my Fall of Gil-galad video.
    Hope you guys enjoy it.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Cool, shame the texture is messed up. It has an updated texture but the mesh is still an outdated version which is creating a mismatch.

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Elrond & Gildor preview & Gil-galad video (page 134) + Gil-galad & Cirdan preview (page 133)

Just saw your " Pick a Side " picture, No dwarves xD Jbtw amazing work, cant wait to play it.

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Elrond & Gildor preview & Gil-galad video (page 134) + Gil-galad & Cirdan preview (page 133)

Well, you know, the Dwarves sits by the sideline, snacking salted pork, and whomever remains after the War, they'll axe and take over

Jokes aside, Dwarven champions were disaplyed at an earlier point: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15584099

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

A whole month without an update...

"starts twitching and slowly goes into autistic tantrum"

The DCI team proudly presents the

Kingdom of Lindon

High King Gil-galad has secured fairness and freedom between the Mountains and the Sea throughout the Second Age.
    With confidants as Elrond, Glorfindel and Cirdan by his side the king has evadeed the schemes of the Dark Lord. And with Lindon's army of Noldor, Sindar and Lindar warriors the king has repelled Mordor's forces.
    Lindon will now muster one last time, whether to ruin or to victory, in order to aid the Númenórean Kingdoms against Sauron, and form that League which is called the Last Alliance.

Glorfindel

Glorfindel, prince of the house of the Golden Flower, is one of the mightiest Elves in Middle-earth.
    He fell, defeating a Balrog, when Gondolin was ruined in the First Age, but was restored to his body by the Valar. Now he is almost an equal of the Maiar, for though he is a Child of Eru, his spiritual power has been greatly enhanced by his self-sacrifice. So, in the Second Age when the threat of Sauron proved great he was sent back to aid the remaining Elves.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Bodyguard:

Credits:
    Glorfindel is made by Araval Resources by Lü Bu for the base, Louis Lux for the head and bilwit for the sword and scabbard.
    The bodyguard is made by Arioria of mithlond Base by Louis Lux.

Captain and General models

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Credits:
    Created by Louis Lux (who also made strat map models of them) Using for base an eldar unit by Razor, sword and leg models by Yarrum and head and chainmail hood models by Lu Bu.

Faction Video Preview

Source link: https://youtu.be/BhFynF9K_eE

Further faction credits:

Withwnar
    Veteraan
    Celtic Magister

Unit Cards

Lindon's new units cards are crafted by Araval (A) and by misteed (m) while the remaining are equal to TATWs, representing their ancient linage;

1 Noldor Bodyguard (A), Lindar Infantry (A), Lindon Longspearmen (TATW), Eldar Mariners (A), Sindar Swordsmen (A)
    2 Noldor Spearmen (m), Noldor Swordsmen (TATW), Smiths of Eregion (TATW)
    3 Lindar Archers (A), Sindar Bowmen (A), Noldor Archers (m)
    4 Eldar Horse Archers and Eldar Roquen (TATW)
    Last edited by Ngugi; February 12, 2019 at 07:19 PM.

Skald's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - video preview Kingdom of Lindon out + Glorfindel and generals (page 135)

Excellent work! I'm astonished...

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - video preview Kingdom of Lindon out + Glorfindel and generals (page 135)

Hmmm.... I wonder how the AI will behave regarding waging war on the player. When playing lotr-mods as glorious Dwarves I try to leave the forces of "vaguely defined good-ness" be and only cleanse the filth of Morgoth's spawn and slaves from Middle-Earth, but the AI does not always care for my mercy. We'll see if I will have to face the Eldar in battle or will they prove wiser than that?

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDwarf View Post
    Hmmm.... I wonder how the AI will behave regarding waging war on the player. When playing lotr-mods as glorious Dwarves I try to leave the forces of "vaguely defined good-ness" be and only cleanse the filth of Morgoth's spawn and slaves from Middle-Earth, but the AI does not always care for my mercy. We'll see if I will have to face the Eldar in battle or will they prove wiser than that?
    Let's hope you don't betray the Eldar, and that they don't try to stab you in the back, you cannot afford this as the Dwarves. All the campaigns will be hard fought, some more than others which is normal.
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Skald View Post
    Excellent work! I'm astonished...
    We thank you

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDwarf View Post
    Quite well; Dwarves and Lindon starts friendly, while Lothlorien (and soon Eryn Galen) have common foes, so they tend to see the benfits of cooperation. Of course, it is a What If-game where surprises can occur, but if you put your mind to it you should gte it the way you desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    not bad.
    Fairly put

Fantastic work DCI team. Looking forward to it.

Thanks mate, looked foreward to ease your twitching

looking forward to play it. i searched it, i guess its still in devoloping stage?