Page 96 of 164 FirstFirst ... 46718687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106121146 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 3265

Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance Total War - 6th June: Harad & Black Númenórean preview out

There will be some differences, aye, but I'll say nothing until the preview (because all is up for changes until then; and after too, honestly haha, but then we're quite sure at least ^^)

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance Total War - 6th June: Harad & Black Númenórean preview out

Can see the quality continues to shine around DCI:LA.
    Keep up the great work guys!
    (PS. Now, I will be more despondent as my elven units put those great looking units to the arrow/sword. )

It's been a while guys . I'm back.

About time; not as fun making previews without our old time mate Pyres around ^^

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    About time; not as fun making previews without our old time mate Pyres around ^^

Jajaja yeah, feels good to be back the preview looks stunning as always guys ! ^^.
    This time I'm staying around for good.

Very nice work! Keep it up!

any news lately? haven't seen any update on release or previews lately

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

No news for now, but work on the mod is still going strong.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    No news for now, but work on the mod is still going strong.
    I hope it is close to bieng done

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by hemin23 View Post
    I hope it is close to bieng done
    Well, we are definitely getting closer to it being done, but probably not as close as you are hoping for, I suspect.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Laetus

Great submod. Which book is this submod based on?

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Ngugi will be able to answer that when he returns. I don't think The Silmarillion covers this time so it's probably based on bits and pieces from the History Of Middle-earth books and whatnot.

'Quenta Silmarillion', that's the main part of the book Silmarillion is not the source to this game indeed. However, the two later parts named 'Akallabêth' and 'Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age' are core sources to the Second Age.
    Same goes for Unfinished Tales, with 'Part Two: The Second Age' as well as early bits of 'Part Three'.
    To these comes the Appendicies of LotR and of the History of Middle-earth-books especially the 12th book.
    Last edited by Ngugi; July 06, 2016 at 02:39 PM.

Laetus

Cool I asked because I'm about to read some Tolkien
    Thanks!

Good decision!
    In general the suggested order of reading is
    1) The Hobbit
    2) LotR
    3) Silmarillion and/or the Appendicies to LotR [in some countries the Appendicies is released as a book in itself instead of as the last part of RotK].

After that you have Unfinished Tales, that consist of many different and unfinished, hehe, tales, from different ages, and is no book meaningful to read from front to back but that you read different chapter in depending on your interest.
    The History of Middle-earth books are often evern more academical and not of interest unless you want to get real into studies of the mythology; if you want at normal story these books are not meaningful.

Laetus

Thanks!

Just so you are aware, the overlapping plates mentioned on the Haradrim soldier are generally seen as most as Tolkien trying to describe Lammelar armor, not the plate armor you have given to units from Far Harad https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...tami_dou_3.JPG (Example)
    Just to let you know, and its certainly the image I got in my head, however the Golden Plate of the men of Far Harad does certainly look AMAZING, and I can't wait to utilize them, though I do have to wonder why you have had such a drastic difference in equipment quality(As in the style of equipment not the look of the models, the models of Far Harad infantry look great) between Far harad with the Infantry looking like Zulu Warriors and the Warriors looking more fantastical that you might expect to be seeing in some advanced civilization.

Hello captainkrunch,
    The Far Harad Warriors are for sure based on the description in TTT:
    ...a golden collar. His scarlet robes were tattered, his corslet of overlapping brazen plates was rent and hewn, his black plaits of hair braided with gold were drenched with blood.
    - Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
    and if you got the impression we made a plate armour, then I would redirect you to the images again (or merely the cut out, as follows). They wear a gambeson under and over brazen scale armour, and a breastplate. Someone may perhaps misinterpet that as a cuirass, but that would be actual plate armour and for that purpose be far larger. At any rate, we do not deem it a plate armour, and are very happy with it
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As for the second question, it's because we only have two unist representing a vast part of the continent, that naturally range from rural tribes to centralized civilizations, so we have one from 'each end' of the scale.
    Last edited by Ngugi; July 10, 2016 at 07:16 AM.

Just found out about this mod... And all I can say is wow, i'm speechless. I'm so excited for this, never seen anything covering the second age and I've always wanted someone to do so with a strategy game. Great work guys, keep it up!

Thanks mate, glad to surprise, hehe