Page 6 of 164 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - WIP

Nguugi, i really you didnt think what i said to be an insult? It wasnt meant to be. I even said in another thread that there should be a second age type mod and that the numenorians could use the arnor type units, someone else said that there should be a new numenorian revamp.. That was what i was refering too. Sorry if you thought i was disssing you...

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Oh no, certainly not, was just not sure what you thought of
    Arnor's units will be the base of the Númenórean roster indeed, and then whatever units we find appealing of the same manners of a plate-free era hehe
    Last edited by Ngugi; October 10, 2012 at 04:37 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Will there be a bigger difference between the Elven factions?

I know that Elven factions aren't the focus of your mod but it would be cool to have more difference between Lorien, Silvan and High Elves

Possibly, would like to avoid make Lórien and Eryn Galen feeling like clones as much as possible, so while no elven factions are planned yet it's our intention

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Nice!
    Quick question: Does the armour_ug_models count as an extra unit ingame? Cause of the max of units you can fit in the game?

If not you could have 4 models for every single unit, is that correct?

Hmm, yes, upgrades do not equal new entries in the EDU and it's entries in the EDU that's the limit.

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Cause this way you can make the factions unit appearances different due to armour upgrades and you won't have a problem with the unit limit?

Probably kicking in open doors here but still haha,
    It would be really nice if all upgrades change the unit outfit into something more evolved, from iron to steel, from steel to mithril! (In case of a dwarven shield for example)

I don't know if this is a lot of work, just thought of it as a nice addition to this mod or maybe MOS (where the Gondor Infantry, Archer, Spearmen, Pikemen and Cavalry unit already have it)

Yes, I follow your thought, but that would not be optimal use of such work.
    It still require a skinner to make upgraded skins, then we could just have the skinner make brand new skins for the units we want to differ so we would not need the upgrade to make the rosters different to begin with hehe

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Yes, I follow your thought, but that would not be optimal use of such work.
    It still require a skinner to make upgraded skins, then we could just have the skinner make brand new skins for the units we want to differ so we would not need the upgrade to make the rosters different to begin with hehe
    Haha in that case never mind, but for the Dwarves it would still be awesome if you can actually see the mithril upgrade in the battles!

And if you already have 500 units (which is the limit right?) and you wan't to add any different units (AOR) could you make a special armour upgrade(in a single city), so they will transform in your 'new' unit?

For example the Fountain Guard in Gondor, can you have a special armour upgrade in only one city?, If so if you conquer Minas Ithil you can do this armour upgrade which only applies to Fountain Guards and makes Minis Ithil Guardians of them, in that case Minas Ithil Guardians are the new units who aren't within the 500 unit cap

In theory, but at the moment that is pure Luxury* modding, and we have the two steps of Essential and Required modding to do before that;, among which is to at all find and sort units fitting to this era and hopefully find anyone with the skill to skin at need - once permissions can be granted, which atm is very hard to get etc

*I personally divide modding into the general categories Essential, Required and Luxury which must be handled one by one in each field in right order to be effective.

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    In theory, but at the moment that is pure Luxury* modding, and we have the two steps of Essential and Required modding to do before that;, among which is to at all find and sort units fitting to this era and hopefully find anyone with the skill to skin at need - once permissions can be granted, which atm is very hard to get etc

*I personally divide modding into the general categories Essential, Required and Luxury which must be handled one by one in each field in right order to be effective.

Hahaha like the categories, this is indeed Luxury modding...

Permissions hard to get cause no one is only anymore?

Will you change the unit sizes? For most factions? Lindon? Moria? Numenor?
    Or would that also require rebalancing?

Yeah, many things are made by KK and he's been offline for months, so until then no new skinning can be planned

Think so, but since we have not started to go in detail on any roster (beside sketched on what kind of units we want for different factions) I can not respond on that. Size is part of balance yes indeed, since it will affect how strong the unit will be and therefore price, stats etc

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Mithril as an upgrade? It should cost very much.Remember Bilbo's shirt was worth the whole Shire and everything in it!

That was ofc increased by the rarity of the metal in those late days, but yes, it can not be common and very expensive

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

So, that upgrade should cost say, 10.000?

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I saw that you were discussing Glorfindel portrait, so I gave it a shot.
    I used the same image that Ngugi posted.

What do you think?

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

I just found out, Glorfindel was in the movie, in the third one, after all. He was right under Arwen's banner in the Rotk. Yeah, he looked bad.
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

That looks a lot better than the vanilla one!! Couldn't his sword be on there too? So he looks more like a warrior instead of a poet

Ngugi,
    As this mod named Dunadain Counter Invasions, will you make the Last Alliance a counter invasion? Or a one time crusade? (Tol Acharn)

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Double post, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Feanaro Curufinwe View Post
    So, that upgrade should cost say, 10.000?
    ATM we have no idea to be frank

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    I saw that you were discussing Glorfindel portrait, so I gave it a shot.
    I used the same image that Ngugi posted.

What do you think?
    The face improvment is great A' Just the hair that look a bit painted or something on top of the head (may be it's more contrast, perhaps?) If you can make a version where it look less I'm glad to use it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ovarion View Post
    Ngugi,
    As this mod named Dunadain Counter Invasions, will you make the Last Alliance a counter invasion? Or a one time crusade? (Tol Acharn)
    Yes, the Last Alliance uses the jihad feature to counter the Invasions of Sauron, as in DCI: Tôl Acharn