Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Dwarves preview video out 5th December (page 116)

Quick question about the united Kingdom of arnor and gondor: Will they have fiefdoms units and some AoR type of recruitements? Or just a standard recruitement system?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Dwarves preview video out 5th December (page 116)

There is a shared roster, but then each 'realm' within the kingdom has a few of its 'own' units, yes, avilable only there.

In Arnor homelands there are three:
    - Arthedain Hadryn, spearmen with javelins
    - Cardolan Swordsmen
    - Rhuadur Torog Feredir [Rhudaur Troll Hunters], steelbow rangers with 2H axe

In Gondor homelands there are two:
    - Axemen of Gondor
    - White Mountains Archers

In Gondor there are also some more specialized AoR units, avilable in only two settlements each:
    - Dome Wardens, pikemen from Osgiliath
    - Belfalas Magyr, swordsmen from Dol Belfalas and Tarnost
    - Belfalas Rouqen, heavy cavalry from Dol Belfalas and Tarnost
    Last edited by Ngugi; December 09, 2017 at 06:41 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thanks for the reply, really looking forward To this mod, it seems very ambitious you have all my support

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Ngugi et al. The only thing MTW-mod related I have been able to get to work these last two months is EU2, and I am very impressed with the AI; best TW AI I have seen, I recommend it for your mod as well. It is scarily good.

Ah, to bad mate, best luck get it sorted ^^
    Thanks for the tip!

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

that is this AI http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5596-Skynet-AI
    it is for free as far as I can see
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Aye, thanks atthias
    Last edited by Ngugi; December 18, 2017 at 06:44 AM.

I have a question, the Orcs of the Misty Mountains are the first faction you've ever shown.

Is that still up to date or have you made some changes to this Faction? ^^

In roster, no, they been a faction settled ever since the preview.
    However, their mostly visual likness to TATW is compensated with the stark constrast in play style to other factions that they offer, that may not been so clear then.
    Looking foreward to present it better when their video comes; at start you can only recruit Snaga Skirmishers! To be able to recruit other, better units you must manage achievements that 'attracts' greater warriors to your side. All framed by a good-humored story in the form of event scrolls, telling the tale of the risning goblin host.
    In TATW I never cared to play OMM, in DCI I find them one of the most entertaining factions, if also one of the most challeging ^^
    Last edited by Ngugi; December 18, 2017 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    However, their mostly visual likness to TATW is compensated with the stark constrast in play style to other factions that they offer, that may not been so clear then.
    Looking foreward to present it better when their video comes; at start you can only recruit Snaga Skirmishers! To be able to recruit other, better units you must manage achievements that 'attracts' greater warriors to your side. All framed by a good-humored story in the form of event scrolls, telling the tale of the risning goblin host.
    In TATW I never cared to play OMM, in DCI I find them one of the most entertaining factions, if also one of the most challeging ^^
    Thanks for the information.

I'm a fan of Ork factions and I'm looking forward to Mordor and OMM :3

Then I do hope you'll enjoy the outcome, when we gets down, down to Goblin Town!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Keep up the great work guys! I'm about to start watching the Khazad-dum preview video and I can't wait to see what you guys have done!

GRAND ARCHITECT OF THE DWARVEN EMPIRE

Affirmative! Haha, we hope you'll find it interesting

With such description, I really look forward to play with these (although I usually prefer to play the "good guys") !
    Go go go !

Fun to hear, Green Partizan ^^
    Can throw in a screen shot from the narratives first message, for good measure, hehe;

Fun to hear, Green Partizan ^^
    Can throw in a screen shot from the narratives first message, for good measure, hehe;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Looks awesome!
    Last edited by Veteraan; December 21, 2017 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Fixed the quote

Thanks mate, always glad to see you around Pyres

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    that is this AI http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5596-Skynet-AI
    it is for free as far as I can see
    Z3n's. It is amazing; it outflanks you on the battlefield, it builds sensibly on the strat map, attacks where you are weak, withdraws where it is. I am very impressed.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Z3n's. It is amazing; it outflanks you on the battlefield, it builds sensibly on the strat map, attacks where you are weak, withdraws where it is. I am very impressed.
    if mod creators themselves dont or havnt done so yet include it here is how you can do it yourself http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5596-Skynet-AI
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Thanks Atthias, though I definately would not like to face this AI with the MOS stackspam. Perhaps it is more suitable for DCI.