Page 51 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3265

Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance Total War - WIP. Map preview updated 16th March

i am sure you will do a great work...as always!!!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Young Wolf View Post
    i am sure you will do a great work...as always!!!
    We do our best and our demands are high

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Is it a download link to this, and if not, how long will it be before it's possible to download it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gondor_Mule View Post
    Is it a download link to this, and if not, how long will it be before it's possible to download it?
    Hello there Gondor_Mule
    No, we are still WIP (Work In Progress) so there's no link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    We aim for a beta during the summer

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Looking forward to play it!

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

Haven't checked in lately how are things gong and I picked up one of your sigs thanks

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Not in the southern hemisphere it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentecostal Knight View Post
    Haven't checked in lately how are things gong and I picked up one of your sigs thanks
    Hi P'
    I say as I did to another fellow:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Hehe, I don't when you last checked danny', so it's a bit hard for me to know ^^

But assume that after the Rhûn sneak peak it's been this
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13707321
    and
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13710894

Yes
    And we aim for a beta-release between June-August (can't/won't call it summer due to our marsupial hugger above), the sooner the merrier

I made my campaign through this thread and this really looks like a beautiful mod. I love the map and the division of provinces and of course the faction previews.
    I am excited about the Wildmen fractionen and their "apache tech tree" and how they can be played as a direct neighbor of the Númenórean Kingdoms. Therefore, I would like to see a preview of mercenaries and a wildmen factions in the future.

I also like scripts to prevent fast expansion fr player and AI.
    -will you install garrison scripts for player and AI?
    -D&C created full stacks for the AI when a faction loses an important province-LA too?
    I guess there are no chances to see any princesses on the campaign map?
    Keep up your good work, LA team.

Quote Originally Posted by Elem View Post
    I made my campaign through this thread and this really looks like a beautiful mod. I love the map and the division of provinces and of course the faction previews.
    I am excited about the Wildmen fractionen and their "apache tech tree" and how they can be played as a direct neighbor of the Númenórean Kingdoms. Therefore, I would like to see a preview of mercenaries and a wildmen factions in the future.

I also like scripts to prevent fast expansion fr player and AI.
    -will you install garrison scripts for player and AI?
    -D&C created full stacks for the AI when a faction loses an important province-LA too?
    I guess there are no chances to see any princesses on the campaign map?
    Keep up your good work, LA team.
    Hello Elem!
    Glad you fancy DCI:LA and it's both displayed and yet unrevealed features. A preview of Wildmen of Enedwaith (WoE) will come but no idea when, as much source material appears ready for just some tweaking it may come fast once we begin with their units, though Curufin and Earl' have surprised us before with their amibition hehe.
    A merc preview may prove an interesting idea, leats in some form, generally unless Tôl Acharn-units they are not high on our filled To Do-list.

- We will use garrison Scripts, but only for the AI; the player don't need it or at least should not hehe
    - So it is in TATW too for certain settlements, while for others ; we will have some kind of version of it, actually up for discussion currently so not settled yet exactly how we execute it
    - No princesses no
    Thanks
    Last edited by Ngugi; April 03, 2014 at 09:56 AM.

Earl Dibbles Jr's Avatar Campidoctor
    On a need-to-know basis, and you don't need to know.

Looks like I'll have something to do this summer besides writing college essays! Can't wait for the beta guys!

Hope we won't get any grades on our consious ^^

Very excited for this! I always preferred the 1st and 2nd age; so I can't wait for a good 2nd age mod! Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by VegasVarnes View Post
    Very excited for this! I always preferred the 1st and 2nd age; so I can't wait for a good 2nd age mod! Keep up the good work!
    Thansk Vegas', we intend to deliver a great experience
    Last edited by Ngugi; April 13, 2014 at 05:49 AM.

This is actually pretty good. I think it will be great being finally able to command the King's Men into battle as Harad under Fuinor and Herumor. I have a few questions:

1) Are Fuinor and Herumor supposed to be ruling in a Diumvirate? If so cool
    2) I can understand why there are Black Numenorean units available to Mordor, it says in LOTR that no a few of the forces under Sauron during the last alliance were King's Men. I would ask how will they be recruited by Mordor, will there be a script when Mordor gets invaded which provides it with units? Is there a certain special city in Mordor set up by Sauron solely for his Black Numenorean allies?
    3) Will the King's Men (sorry I just have to call them that but I mean Harad) have access to Mumakil?
    4) Will there be a script or something similar that will allow Herumor and Fuinor to overthrow the Elendili and restore the 'true King of Numenor' at some point in the campaign? If so I would suggest that either one of the two leaders is a descendant of Elros or they have with them a descendent of Elros that they plan to put on the throne. I theorise that maybe the King's Men didn't have a king themselves because they were waiting for an opportunity to restore the king or were acting like the Stewards of Gondor in that they were ruling in the king's absence
    5) You say in the preview that the Corsairs and other crap are removed and replaced with elite Black Numenorean units. Will they also have access to native Harad units, such as spearmen and archers, as well as Southron cavalry and horse archers?
    5) When you say 'corruption-balancing for Numenoreans' I'm assuming your talking about the worship of Sauron and Melkor. Now, seeing that the King's Men would start off with their corruption level quite high, is it possible to lower it? Maybe that should be a requirement to claim Arnor.

1) Indeed, they're both starting as kings.
    There's different ways to handle this, but to avoid dual family trees of which only one king's tree is visible we have chosen to create a circiustance under which the two lords are jointly lords of Harad in the same tree, yet not direct kinsmen since that's not anywhere supported; In traditional medieval manner they've secured an alliance trough marriage and are presented as brothers-in-law.
    Preview, where Fuinor is to the left (his son is heir) and Herumor to the right, married to Fuinor's sister [Fuinor's father's portait is not updated yet mind you, while the other new ones are produced by Araval]:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

2) There was discussions about it, while simply large barracks or alike are required is one solution there has been proposed that certain other buildings could be required for them to appear, or perhaps that they will require certain regions, but nothing has been concluded.
    All in all they are viewed as summoned to Mordor's armies by Sauron so any solution will work in that regard.

3) To call them the Kings Men is fair enough, some of the older Numenoreans in Harad probably were such themselves until recently after all, hehe. Yes, while Harad's roster is the only one not yet settled they'll have axcess to Mûmakil

4) No, that has not been up. Much because I do not think it would not be in Sauron's taste. He held great hate for Númenór while he was content with having Númenóreans as subjects, and I do not think he would approved of a "Neo-Númenór" being established after he managed to sink the first one, nor have we examples of the BN's trying to unite. I would think their different lords (of who our two Harad regents we know were kings) were never interested in giving up their own power and authonomy [under Sauron] to be subjected to some other Numenorean 'overlord', even if a King's Man.
    However it's an idea that could be fun if someone made a submod out of it, as with the suggestion of a decendant of Elros that could make it more credible, but it will not be a feature we'll add to our To Do-list.

5) Correct, the main body of Harad's forces will be Haradrim soldiers.
    It's a but one perception but the one we apply, that while the Faithful gathered in the Northwest as a migration avoiding opression in the homeland the Black Numenoreans are rather decending 'colonial lords' out to make a fortune and gain power; perhaps can be compaired analogously to the colonization of N. America and to the colonization of Kongo what European presence concern.
    And while the King's Men perhaps or even probably came in greater numbers over the years they was spread out over the world in lands they conquered, compaired to the Faithful who were concentrated, yet even the Faithful Dunedain "...were now only a small folk in the midst of strangers." (HoME 12) in Gondor and Arnor and I belive that was the case in greater extent in the BN realms.
    Thus Black Numenoreans will make up the royal family and the faction's elite regiments, while the bulk of the armies will be the subjegated native folks within their realms.

6) No, we meant actual ingame corruption, a.k.a money lost due to distance to capital as well as unrest due to distance to capital. Not really fond of the term, so in DCI 'corruption' is renamed 'wastage'.
    To be able to have Arnor and Gondor under one rule with a common capital we had to solve that weither called corruption or wastage though, and Withwnar created a great script where a law-bonus is applied to the core Arnor-regions if the capital is in Gondor and vice versa, sensitive to actual distance so those further away get greater bonus than those closer.
    For BN's to be able to repent and turn side is an interesting thought, and one once again up to submods to explore, due to lack of lore precedent and that we have limited time and still much to fix ^^
    Last edited by Ngugi; April 28, 2014 at 09:04 AM. Reason: typos

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

so now we know the trick, if we want spoilers we have to make questions ...

To be able to have Arnor and Gondor under one rule with a common capital we had to solve that weither called corruption or wastage though, and Withwnar created a great script where a law-bonus is applied to the core Arnor-regions if the capital is in Gondor and vice versa, sensitive to actual distance so those further away get greater bonus than those closer.

I love this aussie, even if he skept to see people supporting him in the Awards
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Okay, what I meant was if the Black Numenoreans broke off from Sauron and reduced their worship of Melkor and began worshipping Illuvatar again, they could get a right to the throne of Arnor. Just a thought, and will probably have to be made as a submod.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    so now we know the trick, if we want spoilers we have to make questions ...

I love this aussie, even if he skept to see people supporting him in the Awards
    Is Ngugi Australian?