Page 94 of 164 FirstFirst ... 446984858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104119144 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 3265

Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Tar-Falassion's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance Total War - 6th June: Harad & Black Númenórean preview out

By the grace of the ing Valar, those Black Numenorean units are just splendid Ngugi They are so beautiful ... I WANT THE MOD SO BAD NOW !!!

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance Total War - 6th June: Harad & Black Númenórean preview out

Great!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Those Zigûrun Order look like guys you do not want to mess with.

Amazing job guys, looks fantastic.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    Well , looks like i found a new faction to look forward to!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tar-Falassion View Post
    By the grace of the ing Valar, those Black Numenorean units are just splendid Ngugi They are so beautiful ... I WANT THE MOD SO BAD NOW !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnicleBill1 View Post
    Great!
    Glad you fancy it, guys

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot de Bodemloze View Post
    Those Zigûrun Order look like guys you do not want to mess with.

Amazing job guys, looks fantastic.
    Haha, right you are - it is scaryy when they appear in a battle and march against you ^^

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Only a dismounted Spear-Pike unit is missing for the Black Numenoreans, but overall this will be my favorite Evil Faction!!!

The Zigûrun Order and the Barîm an-Azûl look AWESOME!!!!The only small problem-detail and is with the King's Archers and the normal Black Numenoreans, and is that their helmets look a lot like Arnor's, I know they are from the same bloodline but maybe you could take out their "wings" and or add the "Mask Helmet" from mounted Black Numenorean from Vanilla TATW, is just a suggestion that would help them look more unique but regardless if you follow or not this small suggestion they look AWESOME!!!. And I also think a dismounted spear/pike unit for BN is missing, maybe in future updates they may be added.

Thx Man !

Awesome Preview

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

great work
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by Rob13 View Post
    The Zigûrun Order and the Barîm an-Azûl look AWESOME!!!!The only small problem-detail and is with the King's Archers and the normal Black Numenoreans, and is that their helmets look a lot like Arnor's, I know they are from the same bloodline but maybe you could take out their "wings" and or add the "Mask Helmet" from mounted Black Numenorean from Vanilla TATW, is just a suggestion that would help them look more unique but regardless if you follow or not this small suggestion they look AWESOME!!!. And I also think a dismounted spear/pike unit for BN is missing, maybe in future updates they may be added.
    I've replied on the topics on moddb, so I refere to that http://www.moddb.com/mods/dci-last-a...reans/#5983831

Quote Originally Posted by Grauman View Post
    Thx Man !

Awesome Preview
    Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    great work
    Will make Earl happy to hear, and thanks from the team

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I'm loving it. First thing I'll do when I get the my hands on these models is editing the Black Númenóreans' hair texture so they become blond, which is much more interesting and (I dare say) lore accurate.

Don't need to edit them, they will have blonde hair for the final release (Ngugi will definitely insist on that)!
    I thank you all for your kind comments.
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

The only thing that really gets me intrigued about the Black Numenorean units is the recurrence of the Azûl, or "eastward" terminology - as I understand it, one of the defining traits of the Adûnaî (and all Nums actually) is their boundless pride from being a Man of the West, and to me it would make more sense for your units to bear names like Barîm an-Adûn or Adûna Mariners (especially since the lands they colonized are more in the South than in the East )
    But apart from that, kudos to all of DCI:LA team, these units rocked my world !

Amazing preview. Those guys from the Sauron Order are one of the coolest units i have seen in a Total War mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Bercor View Post
    I'm loving it. First thing I'll do when I get the my hands on these models is editing the Black Númenóreans' hair texture so they become blond, which is much more interesting and (I dare say) lore accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Memory View Post
    Don't need to edit them, they will have blonde hair for the final release (Ngugi will definitely insist on that)!
    I thank you all for your kind comments.
    Who? Me?

Quote Originally Posted by AmrothForGondor View Post
    Amazing preview. Those guys from the Sauron Order are one of the coolest units i have seen in a Total War mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Tar-Falassion View Post
    The only thing that really gets me intrigued about the Black Numenorean units is the recurrence of the Azûl, or "eastward" terminology - as I understand it, one of the defining traits of the Adûnaî (and all Nums actually) is their boundless pride from being a Man of the West, and to me it would make more sense for your units to bear names like Barîm an-Adûn or Adûna Mariners (especially since the lands they colonized are more in the South than in the East )
    But apart from that, kudos to all of DCI:LA team, these units rocked my world !
    A fair question; for sure they are over-proud Men of the West, just as their cousins in Arnor and Gondor.
    However, I think there's a certain subliminal difference between them, that I at least want to point at: the Elffriends left Númenor to avoid persecution from the King's Men, and later Sauron, and at end fleeing the destruction of the island itself, so the Dúnedain really are "Men of the West in Exile", since their colonization of Middle-earth may been voluntarily yet due to circumstances forced upon them. Arguably this makes it more crucial to them to point out, thus, being a double loss.
    The Black Númenóreans/Adûnâim are the remnants of the King's Men naturally, but their presence in Middle-earth have a drastically different root. The King's Men came across the sea to carve out realms to exploit and control. They are not grieving 'refugees' driven from their ancestral home, they are imperious conquerors of Middle-earth.
    And in their traditional mindset all of Middle-earth lies east of Númenor, whether straight east or south-east. Harad as only South is rational if someone measure when in ME, but not by definition equally natural to a Númenórean.
    The point here is thus that the Adûnâim use titles with -azûl- to mark that "we are the ones who went East/have come to the East [from the West] and put it under our heel"
    Last edited by Ngugi; June 08, 2016 at 11:24 AM.

A most thoughtful explanation Ngugi, thanks for that, that's an interesting take on the Adûnai mindset ! You've convinced me, and I can't wait to play them

And good lord do I LOVE the mid-tier Far Harad Warrior unit ! They're exactly what I thought Haradrim looked like before PJ's films came by, and they really convey a sense of exotic civilisation that is far more appropriate for the greater Harad than simply half-troll-like barbarian units ! I'm so inspired by them, is there any chances that an archer or javelin version will be available by release ?

It's just one possible choice, naturally, but it felt like a both fitting and fun one (enforcing them as forceful bastards, invaders & conquerors, hehe)

Thanks, glad to hear. Yes indeed! While the film snatched the apperance for the Easterlings, we used the book description for some soldiers actually from the Southlands for our unit:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Two Towers
    ... a golden collar. His scarlet robes were tattered, his corslet of overlapping brazen plates was rent and hewn, his black plaits of hair braided with gold were drenched with blood.
    But since this occurs three millenia before LotR we transfered the outfit to soldiers from Far Harad, as if it in the later Age spread northwards, while the red & scarlet palette we kept a [Near] Haradrim feature. The uncharted South is a living world with civilizations of its own too, naturally
    I will not discard the possibility you might see something like that in a campaign in the future, no; don't expect any news about such a thing to the first release however, I just note.
    Last edited by Ngugi; June 08, 2016 at 06:45 PM.

Great project! Keep it up guys!

Thanks Will do!

El Monstero29's Avatar Semisalis

I have to echo all the praise that this thread is filled with! These units look absolutely fantastic! The faces are especially impressive.

Earl, you are a true master.

My body is sooooooooo ready for this mod! Excellent work DCI team!

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Impresive preview