Page 99 of 164 FirstFirst ... 49748990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109124149 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 3265

Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - 22nd Sept: Orc Settlements Preview out (page 98)

The orc settlements are beautiful, great Job

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - 22nd Sept: Orc Settlements Preview out (page 98)

Thanks folks for the comments here and in reps.

The original plan was only to add some Orcish elements and retextures to the existing Wooden Castle, to give it a more Orcish feel....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

But the overall impression was still that Orcs are building houses and other unOrcy things in these settlements so it became a major overhaul job instead: rip out all buildings, replace them with 'standard' (TATW city) Orc features, give the stone keep a serious makeover, muddy up the place and tear down the trees.

The result was now at odds with the look of the Castle and Fortress, especially their tiled rooves, so they got the same treatment (and then some). There were also some reports that the original Fortress (?) had some AI pathfinding issues.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

great work
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Awesome stuff guys, glad to see progress is strong.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Thanks mate! Aye aye, keeping it up!

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

So cool to see that this mod is being completed with such care, and with such talented modders. Withwnar is an amazingly talented scripter and it appears that those working on models and textures are also very good. Also it seems DCI will have its own flavor, and not just be a 2nd age TATW or DAC, which is awesome as well. Can't wait.

This mod is blessed with a solid and competent crew, and Withwnar is the Chuck Norris of scripting as well as talented in whatever he takes on ^^ We certainly think so, and are glad it shines through, as we worked hard to offer a new and different experience, according to what we want to meet when we play a TW & Last Alliance game
    Last edited by Ngugi; September 29, 2016 at 01:47 AM.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Great work! Really nice looking settlements. I have one question, is this going to be a standalone or it must be installed over a fresh 3.2 version?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TomSrx View Post
    I have one question, is this going to be a standalone or it must be installed over a fresh 3.2 version?
    That would be the latter option. So keep a fresh unspoiled version of TATW 3.2 ready!

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    This mod is blessed with a solid and competent crew, and Withwnar is the Chuck Norris of scripting as well as talented in whatever he takes on ^^ We certainly think so, and are glad it shines through, as we worked hard to offer a new and different experience, according to what we want to meet when we play a TW & Last Alliance game
    On this note, since the Last Alliance takes place over a relatively short amount of time in Tolkiens lore, how many turns per year will this Mod have? I lean more towards longer games that last 300+ turns. Of course this isnt a deal breaker, I am just curious as to start date and such.

Hello.

When this mod will be available ?

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo_Fr View Post
    Hello.

When this mod will be available ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    If we adapted the DaC way of dealing with questions about release dates, nobody in the team mentioned it to me. So I guess that is not the case.

But it is true that there is no release date, nor will there be one in the near future. However, much has been done and we are definitely in the final stage. That is a very relative term though, when the whole project has been running for about 4 years now (If I am not mistaken, the "the old guard" of the team will know the exact figure).
    Last edited by Veteraan; October 01, 2016 at 05:03 AM.

We've never had to deploy a 'release date reply'-policy, hehe. At least we don't have to use the TATW 3.0-reply ^^

Quote Originally Posted by IBSXYPNTS View Post
    On this note, since the Last Alliance takes place over a relatively short amount of time in Tolkiens lore, how many turns per year will this Mod have? I lean more towards longer games that last 300+ turns. Of course this isnt a deal breaker, I am just curious as to start date and such.
    We long ago decided to stick to 4 turns/year, mostly because we like family trees, and with say 12 turns/year it takes 192 turns before new born childen mature.

The campaign begins in 3429 when the war erupted. With its 11 years it's far longer than the War of the Ring, that took place in 3019 TA alone, but I do not expect anyone to manage to won within 44 turns hehe.
    If this is a good choice will be a matter of perspective I guess. One could gone the TATW route where the campaign starts decades before the war properly erupted (which cause quite a few deviances from lore even at turn 1, for good or ill). But I deem it more relevant to start when the war begun, than aim for a What If-game like this to be likely to end about when the war historically ended. I use to compair it to a WW2-game: I would be more interested in a game that begins with the war starting in 1939 (or at least the tense 1938) than a game that ends about 1945, or pass either date by as it they were like any others. Either are possible, ofc, and made well if carefully designed for, but 3429 is a good year as then Mordor initated conflict by a surprise attack on Minas Ithil.

As for how long it takes, it's hard to say. I usually find my campaigns taken 250-300 turns, playing resonably aggresive and with a share of good fortunes, but some others needed much more. The Victory Conditions are set to 400 turns, I deem it a good challenge rate. Since the game do not end but the player can go on for hundreds of turns after that, as usual.
    To be frank, I will not sympathize with those who want a later turn number to satisfy the desire to both have the cake and eat it. We design a challenge here. The option to have a sandbox where the player turtle (something I think our game balance do not even call for) or conquer the world for 900 turns is there by default (the Victory/Loss video is a challenge Accomplished/Failed measure, not the end of the game), even if I set the victory condition date to 10 turns. The achievement will however not exist if there are no serious requirments.
    Last edited by Ngugi; September 30, 2016 at 12:56 PM.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Just say 7 and save yourselves a lot of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    Just say 7 and save yourselves a lot of pain.
    Just stay on topic and save yourself the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    We've never had to deploy a 'release date reply'-policy, hehe. At least we don't have to use the TATW 3.0-reply ^^

We long ago decided to stick to 4 turns/year, mostly because we like family trees, and with say 12 turns/year it takes 192 turns before new born childen mature.

The campaign begins in 3429 when the war erupted. With its 11 years it's far longer than the War of the Ring, that took place in 3019 TA alone, but I do not expect anyone to manage to won within 44 turns hehe.
    If this is a good choice will be a matter of perspective I guess. One could gone the TATW route where the campaign starts decades before the war properly erupted (which cause quite a few deviances from lore even at turn 1, for good or ill). But I deem it more relevant to start when the war begun, than aim for a What If-game like this to be likely to end about when the war historically ended. I use to compair it to a WW2-game: I would be more interested in a game that begins with the war starting in 1939 (or at least the tense 1938) than a game that ends about 1945, or pass either date by as it they were like any others. Either are possible, ofc, and made well if carefully designed for, but 3429 is a good year as then Mordor initated conflict by a surprise attack on Minas Ithil.

As for how long it takes, it's hard to say. I usually find my campaigns taken 250-300 turns, playing resonably aggresive and with a share of good fortunes, but some others needed much more. The Victory Conditions are set to 400 turns, I deem it a good challenge rate. Since the game do not end but the player can go on for hundreds of turns after that, as usual.
    To be frank, I will not sympathize with those who want a later turn number to satisfy the desire to both have the cake and eat it. We design a challenge here. The option to have a sandbox where the player turtle (something I think our game balance do not even call for) or conquer the world for 900 turns is there by default (the Victory/Loss video is a challenge Accomplished/Failed measure, not the end of the game), even if I set the victory condition date to 10 turns. The achievement will however not exist if there are no serious requirments.
    Oh makes sense! I was just curious because in many submods startdate changes from 2980 in some to 2942 in others, was just wondering if this would be the same. I am rather more pleased that it will be challanging though!

Aye, there're many ways to go about it
    That I can guarantee; at least now it's reasonable across the board, hehe. In earlier versions it was... harder ^^ So much that by turn 200, playing as the Dwarves, I had managed to capture like 10 settlements, some held only by emergency destruction of buildings in other settlements to get coins for a last unit to throw into the fray, turning pending defeats into victories (mostly). I loved it But that was quite, extreme we migth say, so now it's a bit smoother, haha.
    Last edited by Ngugi; October 02, 2016 at 02:48 PM.

Ngugi
    I am sure it has been asked previously, however how you plan to fight stack spam / late game balance? Usually my main concern with all the mods is that Middle Earth has relatively small population, which would not be able to sustain thousands of troops marching on every corner.

Yet by late game we see AI settlements with 80k+ population, stacks on every corner and constant battleground all over the place. While it is arguably whether all of this is fun, in my opinion others will agree that it is immersion breaking.

Thank you!

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

This post hopefully offers an explanation to some of your questions.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE