Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time commanders mod

Default Re: Time commanders mod

My exspertease lies in adding units to the game (EDU, DMB, export_descr_building, export descr_unit) and edditing the describe models missile folder. I am willing to try my hand at other files but I have not got to that stage yet as I am fairly new to the modding scean as of last year.

Centenarius

Hi, i've skinned some units to appear like the saxons in the battle of hastings, the skins are not perfect because i'm not a professional skinner i'm able to do only little things. When i will create other skins i will post them.

Note: Huscarl model by Rarity
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Skull's Avatar Campidoctor

Hmm...not bad for your first try...
    + rep
    A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.

Centenarius

Thanks friend!. Excuse me but do you know any modeller/skinner that would be intersted to this mod?.

Skull's Avatar Campidoctor

Hmm...not really... Sorry...
    A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.

Hi guys I have not forgotten about the mod I have been busy with university work, so I apologize if it seems like I have forgotten about the mod.

UPDATE!!

I have nearly completed the Greek hoplites found in the decisive battles show they need to a slight working/tweaking thou
    Struggling with the campaign map so it maybe a case that we will have to just have historical battles with intorducation videos.
    great work warcrafthero if you can send thouse models trough ASAP that would be helpfull.

Centenarius

Welcome back here there are my skins(they require barbarian invasion installed), if you have any trouble adding them to your mod look here or ask in the Rome Workshop
    Last edited by Warcrafthero; January 21, 2013 at 10:54 AM.

UPDATE:

German faction is now completed
    expect to see photos of units and roster coming very soon:

food for thought
    should we include:
    . In Decisive battles they mention through out of the Germans (and possibly the Greeks) Heroic culture. Should we include a unit of such a type

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Antelope View Post
    UPDATE:

German faction is now completed
    expect to see photos of units and roster coming very soon:

food for thought
    should we include:
    . In Decisive battles they mention through out of the Germans (and possibly the Greeks) Heroic culture. Should we include a unit of such a type
    Very good. I haven't understand this ''heroic culture'' are you thinking about adding heroes units?

Food for thought

Should we include:

• In the Teutoburg forest episode is about the lost units of 17, 18,19 legions Should we represent these in the game.
    • In the episode at 20:30 DR Nusbacker mentions about warriors wearing colors or padlocks, should we create a unit to represent these warriors?
    • at 2:28 DR Nusbacker talks about the young section of the army (similar to the young spears in the RTR) Should we activate such units?

I hope you enjoy these suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafthero View Post
    Very good. I haven't understand this ''heroic culture'' are you thinking about adding heroes units?
    Yep I was thinking about adding a unit of heroic warriors or a heroic Phalanx

I was seeking advice on this unit as it is mentioned but not shown in the Show so it's not really required but it would be nice to have in the game I suppose.

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Antelope View Post
    Food for thought

Should we include:

• In the Teutoburg forest episode is about the lost units of 17, 18,19 legions Should we represent these in the game.
    • In the episode at 20:30 DR Nusbacker mentions about warriors wearing colors or padlocks, should we create a unit to represent these warriors?
    • at 2:28 DR Nusbacker talks about the young section of the army (similar to the young spears in the RTR) Should we activate such units?

I hope you enjoy these suggestions.
    1. I think that these units can be avoided since we could use the standard vanilla rome legionaries
    2. About this i think he was referring in some way to berserkers, but i could reskin the original briton woad warriors
    3. We could include a unit of spear militia for the barbarians, using the model of barb infantry slave

these are my ideas

Little note: if you have unpacked the rome vanilla and then you go to the ui\units\construction folder there are many unit cards of older units, some of them probably were used in time commanders ( for example there are unit cards for three hittite units)

Cool thanks warcrafthero there some good suggestions there, If you could make thouse units (the one with the padlocks [german freedom fighters, german warriors or whatever name takes your fancy] and The young ones) and Iwill try to make the Hittites troops.

1)Another idea about the German forces is the german tribal hero unit could contain the padlocks on them as this will save space in dmb file.
    2) if the german troops were a spear unit and used the same cas as the Greek heroes unit then this would also save space in the dmb file.

Centenarius

Hi, i have done these units: German woad warriors, german heroic warriors (they use the same model to save space) and young warriors. All models are taken from vanilla rome. If you like them i will upload the files

what do you mean If I like them . . . I really love them, they are epic looking models .

+rep

Please do upload them

P.s. Do not know if the idea would ruin the model or not but to keep historically accurate could you make the young spears have a beard or some form of facile hair, I hope it is not too much to ask.

Centenarius

Unfortunately i don't know how to modify the .cas files, but i have modified the texture so they have a more barbarian face; for now i have modified only the german young warriors texture, in this week i will do the same for the other barbarian factions. Anyway which factions have you completed?

Factions
    faction completed or on the verge of being completed:

Britons: I have nearly completed the Britons just have to add Queen Boudicca,(In fact I will add her to the game and up load her on here by Friday.) and the chariots used in TC [chariot + highland chariots]
    Germans/Norse: completed
    Macedon: need to add Slingers (dc), Armored Cretans (TC), greek allied hoplite (TC) - (men DC)
    Gaul: Hellvetii javaliners
    Egypt: need to add Armun core, ray core and the elite core
    Greek_cities: Greek allied hoplite, Mycenaean hoplite (appears in the battle of Leutria)
    Indus: completed

other factions that are no where near completion are:

the 4 Roman factions
    Sythean/huns
    Dacia
    Elutheroi
    Hellenic league (Thebes, Thrace, Thesalia, Thessaly, Boeotia)
    Armenia
    Pontus
    Parthia
    Carthage
    Seleucids
    Slave & rebels

key
    TC = time commanders
    DC= Decisive battles
    men= mentioned
    TCmen & DCmen = (this is pretty self explanatory)

food for thought
    p.s. I was thinking would it be wise to rename the Greek_cities or not, as technically they are a collection of city states and colonies, plus the Hellenic league is practically the same thing but for other rival Greek city states, therefore it could bee seen as impractical calling and historically inaccurate calling them Greek_cities as technically they area league of some sort. Should we rename them on one of the ancient leagues of the past?

Sorry let me appoligise for some of the written errors in the last post, twas late at night, Mycenean hoplite appeared in the battle of Troy (TC) not Leutria (TC), I need to add the original per-relase Greek cavalry units as well.

Centenarius

Very good Antelope, you are going to add queen boudicca and the micenean hoplite, so you know how to create new models?.
    About the greek cities, the faction could be named Greek league or something, in these days i will try to find an historical name.

I have found a journal article P.P. Mavromatis, (2004), City-States and Alliances in Ancient Greece. Underlying Reasons of Their Existence and Their Consequences. he defines that in main land greece there were 4 major leagues, the Delphian league, Hellenic League, Athenian league and the Peloponnese league. each nation in times of strife, or for public, public relations reasons would join a league. though they would feel a certain bond with a certain league many states would cut membership and change leagues.

the main leagues and there combatants (roughly) were as follows

Hellenic
    (see last post)

Peloponnesian
    Sparta and the rest of the Peloponnese ( & Athens)

Athenian league
    Athens
    Eautria
    Eauboa
    Lesbos
    Ionia
    platia
    and other democratic nations

Corinthian league
    All the cities states opposed to Macedon except Sparta
    This was set up by Philip of Macedon (and was a kind of yes men conference where each member state would try to appease Macedon while trying to remain independent.)

Delphian leauge (Amphictyonic League)

Aetolian leauge

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...etolian-League

colonial leagues

Ionian leauge
    Iona
    Athens
    Eutria
    Euboa
    Greek settlements in Asia minor
    Cyclades islands
    Platia