Thread: We are the Takeda...

Default We are the Takeda...

Hello, all!

First off, I'd like to tell you that this is my first AAR and would appreciate any criticism, weather it be good or bad.

Second, I apologize for the lack of pictures, I am away from the computer where the game is downloaded. I can get images by sunday

And on that note, I will be doing this entirely from memory for the time being.

Now, here it goes

Introduction
    The fallen clansmen of the Takeda were strewn like rags across a field lathered in blood and gore. Takeda Shingen cradled the body of his father in his lap, whimpering "I'm sorry... I'm sorry", crying like a woman. This was not him. Takeda Shingen did not cry. And yet looking around, he could not see a single reason not to.

As he set down his father's corpse onto the wet ground, Shingen, with hatred and sorrow in his eyes, began walking. He did not know where, he didn't care anymore, all he wanted now was home. For the old days, when he and Nobushige would play at swords and Shingen would always get mad when he lost. He turned in search of his brother's corpse as well, but could not find any sight of him.

That's when Takeda Nobutora coughed.

Shingen bolted to his father, tripping over the body of a fallen samurai. He crouched down and cradled his father's head in his lap. He started bawling. Nobutora gave Shingen a quizzical look, and said, his voice rough, "Tigers... do not... cry." His eyes closed.

Takeda Shingen cried to the heavens, asking why, why the war, why the carnage, why the death, especially death, why did it have to exist?

And the heavens gave him their answer.

You...

Default Re: We are the Takeda...

Well historically Takeda Shingen overthrew his father and exiled him because he wanted to make Nobushige his heir. And there is already a Takeda AAR which is very good, so you may want to consider trying another faction instead unless you have already done a lot of work on this.

I am fine with you taking this into a different direction from the historical Shingen that Robinzx has given us. Just be sure that you are remaining true to this character, if you do decide to re-imagine him. There is nothing wrong with a new take on this historical figure, so long as you make it compelling. I have thought about doing a peacenik Nobunaga campaign, but I have yet to figure out how the Demon King can go soft

Just had time to read this. I like the intro :thumbsup 2

There's no problem in having another Takeda AAR - there were ones before mine and there will be others that come after. The angle you've taken on Shingen is unusual but that may be a good thing as well if you take the story in a different direction than mine. Good luck.
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; October 07, 2012 at 09:52 AM.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

I like it really much, great setting and introduction!

Update??

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

Tigellinus's Avatar Citizen

I like this! UPDATE sometime?

Proudly under the patronage of McScottish

Quote Originally Posted by Tigellinus View Post
    I like this! UPDATE sometime?
    I could say your beating a dead horse, but this one was never alive.

But despite what I said earlier, another Takeda AAR would be fine, and hopefully you will come back to this.