Thread: Crashing!

Default Crashing!

Hey, first post!

I just installed "The Sundering" for the first time and correctly installed it (with patch) in to my Steam directory.

I click on the .bat exe, it runs the Kingdoms launcher, I click to run the game and then it says "The Sundering: Rise of the Witch King has encountered a problem and needs to close. Please, visit our forum (address) and post your game log to get support. We are sorry for the inconvenience." within a second of clicking. The game obviously does not start, and I'm bummed out!

So, what do?

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Crashing!

Try this mate:

1/ Delete the mod folder
    2/ Disable UAC (if you already done this skip this)
    3/ go to C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore and delete everything in there < This is thank to The Holy Pilgrim advice, give him some thank if it work for you
    4/ Reinstall the mod and the patch.
    5/ Re-configure by the Kingdom App Launcher for Steam

There was nothing inside my VirtualStore folder, but I deleted it anyway.

What do you mean in step 5?

Thanks for the help!

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

About the step 5 here you have a tutorial to configure the launcher:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=410461
    I hope this help you. I am not steam user so my knowledges about this kind of issues are poor.

Right, I have reinstalled the mod, followed all the instructions, the app launcher is on, and it doesn't appear in the mod launcher, and I can't seem to load it via the .bat file either.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

I am sorry but I cannot help you without more information. Could you post some screenshot of your installation directory?

@Caption: have you add the mod via the app launcher? after that, restart steam, start Kingdom.exe, now the mod should appear on the list when you click on Play

someone please help! I really want to play the mod but I get the error message saying the sundering has faced a problem, must close I have all the files right and installation paths are good as far as I know, I don't know why its happening

i have deleted the mod and redownloaded everything and still get the same message someone please help