Thread: Campaign map modding?

Default Campaign map modding?

Simple question for those a bit more "modding savvy": can you mod the campaign map with the new modding tools released today? I'm just getting into modding, but I love Shogun 2, but would really like to do some map modding if possible. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Campaign map modding?

You'll need 3dsmax I think.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

I'm not saying you can, but it is possible.

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

Talos, it's a lot more complicated than you might be hoping. For now, not only do you need 3dsmax (that'll set you back a few thousand dollars...), but my impression is that you also need to be able to interpret their actual code. It's not like TEd editor, in other words.

Lots of very talented modders and toolmakers are working on ways to crack this egg and make campaign map modding a little more accessible. Give them time, they never cease to amaze :

EDIT: Freelancer Tex found something interesting about 3DSmax in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer Tex
    There's no need to buy it,as long as you don't sell your products.
    You can acquire a Student License for free,just go here:
    http://students.autodesk.com/

You can download and use without limitations every autodesk software. But you can't sell your products (you can release them only for free).
    So there's hope! Check this thread for the real discussion on this great quest: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=548643
    Last edited by MagicCuboid; September 29, 2012 at 01:43 PM.
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter