Thread: few quick DM questions!

Default few quick DM questions!

1. do academies add 5% law bonus?

they had provided a bug fixer that did provide the extra 5% law bonus and the description of the building also said it did. but in DM mod, it does not seem to do so and the description doesnt say it either. Why is that?

2. would u rather use pricipes or triarii?

the triariis r supposed to be good against infantry and horses and have the best equipment. principes on the other hand are not as good against horses, but have pilas and thanx to many units of them throwing their pilas before charging, i have managed to even rout like half the enemy army thanx to them. so which one would u choose?

3. whats wrong with the scipii? they dont expand.

in my julii campaign, i didnt bother following the senate orders, so i didnt get caralis. and the greeks have managed to hold on to their cities except pregamon (which was taken out by the seleucids who own nearly all of middle east and half of africa, AMAZING, i hate the egypt faction). so on sicily, all the 3 present faction just started a cold war. they all gathered half a stack, then 1 stack, then 1.5 stack and now going for 2 stacks. everyone build large stone walls, no one attacks. and 40 years have past, but no war.

while i have like 27 cities (germany, gaul, britian, dacia), the brutii might have just under 10, but the scipii r still stuck at 2.

tats all. thanx

Default Re: few quick DM questions!

1. No...there are many bonuses in other buildings and if I added also this it would make the city contols to easy

2.principes as you say have their pilums and are very effective as heavy infantry. On the other hand, triarii are elite, versatile to confront both infantry and cavalry in a good balance..just like historically they were meant to hold the line at all costs.
    But far more expensive to maintain and buy.

3.Indeed, Carthage and Greek_cities are very difficult adversaries for Scipii to win in DarthMOd (In vanilla scipii, massacred them). In fact I tried to make republic romans not to expand too much unless they get the marius effect...there the party begins for them.

i have a couple of questions. ive been at my girls for the weekend so im havent had much chance to test the mod. its the first time ive tried a darth mod and looks great but in the first battle i had like 8 hastarii(sp) and when they were on the battle map the defualt formation had them clumped together in groups of 2-3 which seems strange to me, is this normal? also am i right in thinkin that playing on Large settings in recommended and that Huge may effect the game negitively? i prefer the 120 men per unit norm rather than the 84 so i hope im wrong!
    "We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender" -- Winston Churchill

You must have played a siege sally battle..correct?

This was from vanilla since if you do not have siege weapons then there is merging of troops and intersection.

Otherwise..it is not normal

Hi Darth! First i want many thx for u! :-))I played now with Julyii(unified-made myself on imp.camp.)I have som heroic victory, but as i see, i get to few experience bonus for my troops....example hasti kill 240 enemy's(lose was 36) but get nothing...Also can i anyhow changed? Or its coded in game ??(cuz i changed som modell .CAS file bcs i feel better spqr helmet modell, but is alright)
    Really great mod, many thx anyway!!

ive asked it before but got no response so ill ask again, is it wrong to play on huge unit size?
    "We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender" -- Winston Churchill

Play on Huge if your computer can handle it without a drop in performace. Also, if you are going to play on huge, then remove grass, and reduce Veg and building detail to medium. Thats what I do anyway. Play around with the video option settings until you find a balance that suits your PC.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER
    1. No...there are many bonuses in other buildings and if I added also this it would make the city contols to easy
    Going back to this question on academies, would it be easy to modify that myself? I like the law bonus.
    Last edited by Juus; July 24, 2006 at 07:55 PM.

i mean if i do play on huge, will it effect the formations negatively?

No. But you can always make a test in a custom battle.

I have a question also, is the big map applied to BI campaign?

@Hunor
    About experience =hard coded I think

@Toad_Licker
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55102

@Juus:
    Go to file Activision\Rome - Total War darth\Data\export_descr_buildings
    Go to line 1525...and add the bolded below
    building academic
    {
    levels academy scriptorium ludus_magnus
    {
    academy requires factions { carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } and building_present_min_level market market
    {
    capability
    {
    law_bonus bonus 2
    }
    construction 3
    cost 1600
    settlement_min city
    upgrades
    {
    scriptorium
    }
    }
    scriptorium requires factions { carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } and building_present_min_level market forum
    {
    capability
    {
    law_bonus bonus 3
    }
    construction 5
    cost 3200
    settlement_min large_city
    upgrades
    {
    ludus_magnus
    }
    }
    ludus_magnus requires factions { carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } and building_present_min_level market great_forum
    {
    capability
    {
    law_bonus bonus 4
    }
    construction 6
    cost 6400
    settlement_min huge_city
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }

@middle:
    No...could not debugg it to fit to darthmod..Did not have time.

Thanks a lot Darth!

thanx a lot darth for the academy bonus script. i also like the law bonus. help me romanise the barbaric gauls by teaching them how to read and write! :tooth:

i know u have heard it heaps, but again, i wanna say i love ur mod and cant say enough about it. i remember finishing my campaigns by like year 230-240bc even on vh/vh. but now even on m/m (since its the first time trying DM) i only have 30 province by 230bc. so its a lot slower. thanx.

one more question:

is there a $50,000 limit for ur treasury before all the bad traits kick in?

i kind of hate that idea and find it troublesome. i know it makes some sense that once ppl get too rich u will build up lots of money and ppl get corrupt, but i rather it be sth higher like 100,000 at least. so plz let me know if u took out in ur mod, and if u have not, can u PLZ teach me out to change the limit. i remember doing it b4 once when playing vanila but have forgotten now.

thanx heaps.

an someone give an answer to the above question?

also, how come ALL my cities have unrest of like 20-40%?

this is not only my newly conquered cities, but also the cities i start out with?i even tried putting spies in EVERY SINGLE ONE of my cities, but it doesnt seem to decrease it. is it enemy spies or what? i even tried having 3 spies in the same city, increasing the garrison, having a good governor, no use. there is always unrest, whether the town is 400 population or 20,000.

help plz

I do not know of this honestly...

as for unrest....which campaign you play?
    Anyhow maybe you play the big map soyou have problem to expand your empire due to capital distance.