Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing the Assembly Kit for Total War: Shogun 2 ... and more

CraigTW's Avatar Ducenarius

CA Developer Icon Announcing the Assembly Kit for Total War: Shogun 2 ... and more

As discussed at our recently-held Modding Summit, The Creative Assembly are pleased to announce a brand new suite of community tools known as the “Assembly Kit”, including:

• DAVe database tool – used for editing database entries
    • Unit Editor - for changing the look for units
    • Tooldatabuilder - for unpacking data
    • Campaign map reprocessing
    • Max export scripts for models
    • Example Max files for most model types
    • BoB processing tool, also capable of building mod packs
    • Documentation

These will be available today.

In addition to these tools, we are also announcing full Steam Workshop integration, including a mod manager, active as of today - allowing the creation and uploading of user-made Shogun 2 mods. If you’re not a modder yourself, you’ll be able to browse the library of modifications uploaded by other users as they’re uploaded.

On top of this, TEd, the previously released battlefield editor for Shogun 2, has had an update allowing the creation of historical battles, and integration with the Steam Workshop to allow users to share their creations more easily.

Finally, we’ve created a brand new community resource for the sharing of developer and community information, not just on modding, but on a range of Total War related subjects: the Total War Wiki. The wiki is live as of today and will be populated further in the coming days and weeks. Soon, users will also be able to contribute to and edit this wiki, and we hope for it to become an important collaborative tool for modders – as well as a great line of communication to CA staff.

If that all sounds like a lot, imagine what it feels like for us. Getting to this point, where we have a set of tools and a strong starting point for a brand new, improved relationship with the Total War modding community, has taken a lot of hard work, blood and sweat from many people here at the studio.

Today we’re proud to hand over these tools and resources to our loyal, mod-happy community. We can’t wait to see what you can do with them.

The Total War Team,
    The Creative Assembly
    Last edited by CraigTW; September 27, 2012 at 09:17 AM.

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

Default Re: Announcing the Assembly Kit for Total War: Shogun 2 ... and more

<3 all round, Craig

Thanks so much for this. It's definitely a great start to a fruitful relationship!
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Thanks. Can you explain the process to submit question to the wiki, and how we can be notify when you'll add an answer?
    Will we do it directly in the wiki when users can edit it?

Well Done CA - A huge step forward for the community and it's standing with the developers. I applaud you!
    I cannot imagine the possibilities this enables for the community. Extending the support and love for the game for many more years. This is such a beneficial move by CA and you're blood and sweat is not wasted at all. The rewards out of this will surpass the effort.
    Last edited by Invictus XII; September 27, 2012 at 09:10 AM.
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Brilliant!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Better late than never. Let's hope that these tools will aid NTW and ETW as well - in some way. It's a great move and a good sign for the future.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

W00t! Victory cheer for everyone!

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

VICTORY FOR ALL OF US!
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Campaign map reprocessing
    What is this?

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Poor Yoshitsugu and Sakon died and Mitsunari and Hideie were routed; such is hardly a victory !

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Yes, it looks very promising

Rykov's Avatar Libertus

Awesome, I'm not modder, but if this helps to allow the development of huge mods on the new engine like the Third Age mod for Med 2 then this is absolutely fantastic.

Wow. Great job, CA. Thanks for this.

Excuse the ignorance... but with these tools, is it now possible to change animations? (I'm not a modder by the way)

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Very very nice, this is way more then we could possibly dream about. Summit seems as a huge success and thats really great. Excelent and cant wait for the new toys :-)

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Great news! Especially this:
    These will be available today.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

I'm teamviewering my pc right know to make sure it download all this before I get home.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Nice return from Madagascar for me then .

Also thanks for the affirmation on cdir and gf.bin, nice to know I was mostly there .
    Last edited by The Hedge Knight; September 27, 2012 at 09:43 AM.

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

im not a modder but does Campaign map reprocessing mean that we will now see mods such as the third age total war mod now but with shogun graphics

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast