Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CA Modding Summit - Mitch's Perspective

Default Re: Modding Summit - Mitch's Perspective

I'm glad the day was a success, Craig's was working on this for a long time and being able to see everyone's faces when Jack blundered the slide announcing 'Oh hey, here’s all the mod tools, go nuts'. I think the idea that people will be able to make new campaign maps, then share them up on the Steam Workshop is going to make things very interesting.

My only regret from the day was that green hairband. What was I thinking?!

Anyway, enough banter from me, I need to get back to making sure you guys have all the documentation ready for when it goes live later today.

-Will CA
    Last edited by Will CA; September 27, 2012 at 05:24 AM.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Damn, I haven't been this excited in ages! There's hundreds of possible territorial divisions around the time of the historical Sekigahara Campaign that can be used to good effect . It's just... it's... it's... words cannot describe it.

Edit: Is it just me, or is the OP not showing up for others? All I see is the first post following it (which happens to be mine).
    Last edited by Akaie; September 27, 2012 at 04:30 AM.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by C.I.F View Post
    Hi all

Just to answer Steph's last point. Why not look at what you can do with the Assembly Kit? We have given everyone the ability to do campaign map reprocessing, we have given sample models for units and the campaign map data. FoTS had Ironclads and Gatling guns.
    What could you produce with an engine and tools that can do that
    Are you suggesting that I could do a new Napoleonic wars complete mod with that based on Shogun engine ? Including European maps, new models, etc?

I'm afraid this TOTAL modification will not be reallistic (probably not enough time). This means redo the campaign maps, the battle maps, the ships models, all the units (can they be imported from NTW?), the factions, etc. Beside I'm afraid Ironclads and Gatling guns are not exactly needed for a Napoleonic wars mod.

I'm afraid I'll stick to NTW for the time being. I hope CA will answer some questions in the wiki to help us poor abandonned ETW/NW modders (may I start to cry so you have pity on us and expand your tools to NTW? )

Beside, I don't own S2. I don't know for instance if all the work we did on the uniforms could be compatible. I don't really want to throw months of hard work out of the Window.
    I'm not ready to buy S2, which I don't play, just to check if I could make my NTW mod with it.

Now, if CA wants to donate a version so I can check that, may be I could consider it

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Are you suggesting that I could do a new Napoleonic wars complete mod with that based on Shogun engine ? Including European maps, new models, etc?

I'm afraid this TOTAL modification will not be reallistic (probably not enough time). This means redo the campaign maps, the battle maps, the ships models, all the units (can they be imported from NTW?), the factions, etc. Beside I'm afraid Ironclads and Gatling guns are not exactly needed for a Napoleonic wars mod.

I'm afraid I'll stick to NTW for the time being. I hope CA will answer some questions in the wiki to help us poor abandonned ETW/NW modders (may I start to cry so you have pity on us and expand your tools to NTW? )

Beside, I don't own S2. I don't know for instance if all the work we did on the uniforms could be compatible. I don't really want to throw months of hard work out of the Window.
    I'm not ready to buy S2, which I don't play, just to check if I could make my NTW mod with it.

Now, if CA wants to donate a version so I can check that, may be I could consider it
    Mate, you surely want a lot from them but not willing to spend 10 bucks to get Shogun 2 ?

Where's the give and take man ?

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by C.I.F View Post
    Hi all

Just to answer Steph's last point. Why not look at what you can do with the Assembly Kit? We have given everyone the ability to do campaign map reprocessing, we have given sample models for units and the campaign map data. FoTS had Ironclads and Gatling guns.
    What could you produce with an engine and tools that can do that
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=531544

That. You can produce that.

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post
    I'm glad the day was a success, Craig's was working on this for a long time and being able to see everyone's faces when Jack blundered the slide announcing 'Oh hey, here’s all the mod tools, go nuts'. I think the fact that people will be able to make new campaign maps, then share them up on the Steam Workshop is going to make things very interesting.

My only regret from the day was that green hairband. What was I thinking?!

Anyway, enough banter from me, I need to get back to making sure you guys have all the documentation ready for when it goes live later today.

-Will CA
    Hmmm.... I've not seen you around here before, Will. Although your name seems familiar....

Anyway, welcome to TWC, Will!

@Anton: I don't see the OP either.... Strange.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Mate, you surely want a lot from them but not willing to spend 10 bucks to get Shogun 2 ?
    Where's the give and take man ?
    Simple, I don't want to play Shogun. Not interested in that era / period. Not very difficult to understand?
    Now if I'm sure I could mod it completly to make a Napoleon game (which is also means it won't take ages to get an acceptable level of quality), it becomes interesting
    Last edited by Steph; September 27, 2012 at 04:55 AM.

personally, i will take a look at those tools, and then maybe, maybe i could be persuaded to work on S2 to Napoleonic conversion, what do you say Steph?

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Simple, I don't want to play Shogun. Not interested in that era / period. Not very difficult to understand?
    I didn't play at all BI and Alex yet I bought both due to modding.

I didn't play any Kingdoms campaign yet I bought it too due to modding.

You want something, you gotta to give some. That's how the world goes man.

CraigTW's Avatar Ducenarius

Did someone accidentally delete Mitch's post from the top of the page? I can't see it :S

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Same here. Incredibly frustrating not to be able to read it.

I think somebody deleted the whole first page. It was already 3 or 4 pages IIRC.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Thanks for listening to the plea's CA I imagine major mods will be able to make use of the Workshop as well, or will it be restricted to only historical battles scenarios?
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

We do have a backup of his post if TWC can't restore it for whatever reason

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    Thanks for listening to the plea's CA I imagine major mods will be able to make use of the Workshop as well, or will it be restricted to only historical battles scenarios?
    All mod packs can be shared on the Workshop, not just historical battles.
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; September 29, 2012 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Double-post =P

Daily's Avatar Flingin' ma mace son
    Content Emeritus

Good its not only me. Thought I was missing some new feature or something...

Craig.. Earlier today I saw the link to the new TW Wiki. COuldn't find it anymore. Can you post the link ?

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Craig.. Earlier today I saw the link to the new TW Wiki. COuldn't find it anymore. Can you post the link ?

Links disappearing, posts disappearing...

All right when Will joins....

COINCIDENCE?
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Sure, it's not officially live yet, but you can get to it at wiki.totalwar.com - this has been something we've been planning for about two years to help with collaboration and documentation... so relieved it's finally going live (even if typing so much into it is making mine and Will's fingers hurt!)

It'll go officially live this afternoon and we're planning to let the community edit it in the next couple of weeks (we have a couple of technical hurdles to overcome first).
    Last edited by CraigTW; September 27, 2012 at 05:05 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    personally, i will take a look at those tools, and then maybe, maybe i could be persuaded to work on S2 to Napoleonic conversion, what do you say Steph?
    If there is a talented S2 modder, who knows well how to mod fast and can explain what are the limitation and can ehlp I could move to S2.
    But now, I know what I have in NTW. I'm not happy with everything, but I know it.
    Moving to S2 and the new tools is a big jump to the unknown.
    Can we really make a new European map for instance?

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post

Hmmm.... I've not seen you around here before, Will. Although your name seems familiar....

Anyway, welcome to TWC, Will!

@Anton: I don't see the OP either.... Strange.
    Will is one of the guys in the Rally Point videos and whatnot isn't he?

And it's good to here i'm not the only one who can't see the opening post anymore since i thought i'd pressed something to make it disappear .

Will is a bot ? Or a trojan ?

There will be trojans in Rome II ?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast