Thread: GUAM not working

Default GUAM not working

Hello,

I've downloaded and installed the retrofit mod, and it works fine. However, when i downloaded GUAM 6.0 and tried to install it, it doesn't work. The installer finished, but the units are not added in. I've been stuck with this problem for a while now, and it is really pissing me off. I don't know what's wrong. I've tried re-downloading and reinstalling; nothing seems to get these units in!

I have the legit copy of the Medieval 2 total war Gold edition -- old version. I even updated it to kingdoms version 1.5.

The mod worked perfectly fine with my older computer 3 years ago. It worked wonders. However, as soon as i got a new laptop running windows 7, GUAM doesn't seem to work!

Please help.

Default Re: GUAM not working

Hi.

Maybe a silly question, but... Did you installed it on the right path?

To be sure, install GUAM again in another folder (like c:\GUAM), and then copy and paste all the content into your base M2TW folder (the same folder as medieval2.exe, usually C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\). Allow Windows to overwrite existing files.

Then start Retrofit mod.
    Last edited by CeltiberoMordred; September 27, 2012 at 02:33 AM.
    Shogun was chess, vi was chequers rome was tiddlywinks and mtw2 musical chairs." - Swoosh So

Default Re: GUAM not working

Hey!

Not silly at all. ha ha ha~

Apparently, you are right. I checked the paths many times when installing. However, I failed to realize that Windows 7 has two program files folders -- program files and program files x86. This whole time it has been installing into program files -> sega -> Medieval 2 total war. It explains why it worked on my old computer because it was only a windows XP which ultimately only had 1 program files folder. I guess the installer default settings is to install into that one program files folder lol.

Anyways, Thanks a lot for your help, CeltiberoMordred. You made me a happy gamer ha ha ha.