Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sundering 0.7 preview

Default Re: The Sundering 0.7 preview

Great work! I wait for the others factions that are looking awesome!

how is the map going? any progress? sorry I could not lend a hand in that

kolwen did the map and made all he could (and the result is fine for a beginning) but he is more talented for units.

indeed we could really use your help on this task (and the map is challenging aswell as completly new).

will you join the crusade?

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSword View Post
    Hey guys this looks awesome! Was wondering about the empire, are yall going to make them an ancient looking force, like from around the roman times? vs the current renaissance theme>? Great work either way!
    Well if they would be set in the timeline of the mod they would not exist. The Empire is born 2700 years after what happens in the Sundering. Then to place them into the Empire in 0 Imperial Calendar they would be Germanic tribes, with very little contact to any of the races mentioned. Also the units shown (Orks, Goblins, Skaven) etc. appear like they do in 2500 IC, not their savage forms from the time before (or during) the early Empire.

The Sundering team, one more question, what is the setting (in timeline) of the alternative campaign?

University and RL atm are occupying all the time I have.
    when you are done with the map (it is ready for release), send it to me and I will work on it further. if needed of course.
    I dont want to take on a project that I wont be able to dedicate the appropriate amount of time for, it will be sloppy and disrespectful to both the players and you guys.

starting a map from scratch is a lot of work but editing an existing map (even if it results are completely different) is generaly a faster and easyer modding experience.

@ toho : for the map, ask kolwen he will tell exactly the state of the map

@ karabekian : the timeline is not precisely decided yet but we are talking about something completly different from the Sundering timeline. we might be between 2000 and 2500 after sigmar. as i said it is not decided yet and we are open to propositions.

And I thought Eb intense playing will bring me nightmares...at least there arent evil clowns...that movie terrified my childhood

OMG pure awesomeness form this mod is making me shivering...

Fight for the Old World? Damn what better could happen to old fanboy of Warhammer like me?

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
    ... so much

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    @ karabekian : the timeline is not precisely decided yet but we are talking about something completly different from the Sundering timeline. we might be between 2000 and 2500 after sigmar. as i said it is not decided yet and we are open to propositions.
    The Second war of Chaos sounds very much what you are looking for already in that timeline. Some interesting lore and characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Karabekian View Post
    The Second war of Chaos sounds very much what you are looking for already in that timeline. Some interesting lore and characters.
    Lol I can not edit post so sorry. But Albion is what I dream to see. But probably have to wait until I can make it myself.

choosing timeline of the second war against chaos under the rule of Magnus the Pious seems difficult since we do not have kislev on the map, and many things happen there.

our map goes to kislev borders with empire, to araby in the south and from estalia on the west to badlands on the east (you have the map in our trailer btw)

choosing timeline of the second war against chaos under the rule of Magnus the Pious seems difficult since we do not have kislev on the map, and many things happen there.

our map goes to kislev borders with empire, to araby in the south and from estalia on the west to badlands on the east (you have the map in our trailer btw)
    Have you thought about doing a timeline closer to the earlier years of the Empire? The units would be totally different and probibly no gunpowder, wearing bronze plate and iron weapons like in the sigmar books. Would be really cool!

half of empire roster is already done and we have gunpowder, and remember we also have dwarfs and estalia who are both users of gunpowder.

no the era should be definitly as close as possible to the current warhammer universe era.

and btw we don't plan to do a heavy scripted campaign and not something as close to a specific scenario like The Sundering.

our campaign will be sandbox and maybe not related to a specific event (like CoW which is based on Storm of Chaos campaign). i think we'll just pick a random start between 2300 and 2500.

we will see

half of empire roster is already done and we have gunpowder, and remember we also have dwarfs and estalia who are both users of gunpowder.

no the era should be definitly as close as possible to the current warhammer universe era.

and btw we don't plan to do a heavy scripted campaign and not something as close to a specific scenario like The Sundering.

our campaign will be sandbox and maybe not related to a specific event (like CoW which is based on Storm of Chaos campaign). i think we'll just pick a random start between 2300 and 2500.

we will see
    ok gotcha

Truly Impressive! I'm eagerly awaiting.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Looks cool.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

kolwen did the map and made all he could (and the result is fine for a beginning) but he is more talented for units.

indeed we could really use your help on this task (and the map is challenging aswell as completly new).

will you join the crusade?
    Fine for a begining?? Let Me tell you something:

lolisuck is already working on the map.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

rip-kill!

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

The map looks pretty good actually, it needs some rework on heigths and matching ground types but it looks better than maps of some released mods.