Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sundering 0.7 preview

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Default The Sundering 0.7 preview

CAMPAIGN SWITCHER

Select the campaign and click on "Play Now"! With this new tool we can avoid the M2TW engine limitations and create new culture setups for each campaign!

NEW FACTIONS

We have developed ten new factions in addition to the thirteen already present on the Rise of the Witch King campaign. The new factions will be available on custom battles and campaign map.

Araby
    Beasts of Chaos
    Bretonnia
    Dark Elves
    Dwarfs
    Empire
    Estalia
    High Elves
    Orcs and Goblins
    Skaven
    Tilea
    Tomb Kings
    Wood Elves

NEW UNITS

Sixty-two new units have been already added and working on the Struggle for the Old world campaign.
    Soon there will be a lot more to fulfill the new factions.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Dwarf Warrior
    Ironbreaker
    Hammerers
    Miners
    Longbeards
    Dwarf Cannon
    Thunderers
    Quarrellers
    Grudge Thrower
    Organ Gun
    Flame Cannon
    Slayers
    Dwarf Mortar
    Orc Boyz
    Savage Orc
    Black Orc
    Arrer Boyz
    Rock Lobber
    Giant Spider
    Giants
    Night Goblins
    Goblins
    Boar Boyz
    River Trolls
    Spear Chukka
    Skeleton Warriors
    Tomb Guard
    Skeleton Horsemen
    Ushabti
    Bone Giant
    Tomb Scorpion
    Liche Priests
    Tomb Swarm
    Screaming Skull Catapult
    Casket of Souls
    Skeleton Chariots
    Skeleton Archers
    Ushabti with Great Bows
    Glade Guard
    Spite
    Clanrats
    Stormvermin
    Rat Ogre
    Plague Monks
    Gutter Runner
    Giant Rats
    Grey Seers
    Warplock Jezzails
    Poison Wind Globadiers
    Warp Lightning Cannon
    Screaming Bell
    Grail Knights
    Handgunners
    Empire Spearmen
    Swordmen
    Greatswords
    Duellist
    Free Company
    Crossbowmen
    Empire Mortar
    Great Cannon
    Knights of the Blazing Sun

NEW ANCILLARIES ICONS

Our new 2D Artist Kelembribor21has been working hardly to finish tons of new ancillaries, banners and loading screens for the new campaign. Here you have a small preview.

NEW BUILDING ICONS

And finally our newest member PaulH has demonstrated his skills with superb building icons for the Tomb Kings faction!

The new version not only offers a new campaign, but the Rise of the Witch King campaign has being improved aswell.
    Some of the new models like Minotaurs, Dark Riders or Spites are now available on campaign.
    We have also reworked the game balance, so you won't see full stacks of militia spearmen nor cultist.
    The AI recruits now in a more mixed way and they are now far more agressive than the latest versions while the addition of cavalry units for the cultist makes them really dangerous.

SKINNED SETTLEMENTS

We have finished the skins for the High Elf settlements. This new feature brings tons of inmersion to the battles.

NEW SCRIPTS

The Rise of the Witch King campaign has been improved with some amazing scripts. Your allies will ask you for help when their capitals are objective of sacrifices. In addition when your capital is besiged, they will send you troops to defend it.
    The more allies you have, the more troops you will recieve.
    The reinforcer army is composed by units from all over Ulthuan, since is a Phoenix King army.
    This gives to the player the chance to use some units from other realms. However the price of the help is pretty expensive, so the decission is not so easy.

NO CLONE WARS ANYMORE

The core units of all the factions have been reworked with up to nine head variations and different cloth color schemes. The Naggarothi spearmen have now even their own unit model

MORE STABLE

We keep working on increase the stability of the mod and we have fixed some annoying bugs, specially Alith Anar during sieges and the Shadow Warriors Hideout building and crashes when killing big beasts.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: The Sundering 0.7 preview

MOST EXCELLENT!!!

If you guys need anybody to test for bugs, I'd be more than happy to oblige

Awesome !! I can't imagine how many hours this splendid work needed. +Rep

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    MOST EXCELLENT!!!

If you guys need anybody to test for bugs, I'd be more than happy to oblige
    You could even do better brother, we need more hands to help with EDU balancing as an exemple. And since you have good experience with your own submod on this topic, your experience could be very valuable.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

This is so damn amazing!
    Quality over quantity, and now both combined!!!

May I ask how the new factions will fit into the timeline and campaign?

Again, amazing mod!

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Karabekian View Post
    This is so damn amazing!
    Quality over quantity, and now both combined!!!

May I ask how the new factions will fit into the timeline and campaign?

Again, amazing mod!
    There will be a new campaign. You can chose it with the campaign switcher.
    The new one is mostly sandbox, not lore based at all.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    You could even do better brother, we need more hands to help with EDU balancing as an exemple. And since you have good experience with your own submod on this topic, your experience could be very valuable.
    I'd be happy to help with anything that you need me to

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    I'd be happy to help with anything that you need me to
    Hell yeah! Send me a PM with your dropbox user mail and I will share the folder with you

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

This is great

just one word:

ing AWESOME

+rep

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Man, that was just super uber awesome! This explains why the forums were so quiet. The preview is beautiful and high quality as always. Nice to see lots of new animations (scorpions, scarabs, etc). The casket of souls is beautiful, let me observe. Cant wait until you guys preview Brettonia. Im just a little confused about the timeframe of the new version. Will other factions such as Sylvania, kislev be part of the future of the mod? Just curious, I know it is a huge amount of work just to finish the factions you guys already have planned. I wish I could give you guys some help but this time Im neck deep in RL problems (nothing serious but Im lacking free time). By the way, looking forward to check the interfaces preview. And will the interface switcher also change portraits, ancillaries, etc for each faction, for example?
    Last edited by paradamed; September 27, 2012 at 01:15 PM.

we have not decided the timeframe yet, but we do not plan to add any new faction. we already have 13 factions playable in campaign and sylvania/kislev won't be in our mod.

we prefered to make something really different from COW (far more stable but that's not hard...) so for exemple we added Tilea, Estalia, Wood Elves, Bretonnia, Tomb Kings, Skaven which are not even in COW.

oh, and Empire will be one faction with AOR units from specific provinces. in tabletop and lore, Empire is one faction like High Elves (and you have 11 elven kingdoms) or Dwarfs (each stronghold is basically an independant state) so there is no reason to divide Empire.

with COW you have 2 factions (Chaos and Empire) = 18 factions.

this is not our conception for Struggle for the Old World.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Man, that was just super uber awesome! This explains why the forums were so quiet. The preview is beautiful and high quality as always. Nice to see lots of new animations (scorpions, scarabs, etc). The casket of souls is beautiful, let me observe. Cant wait until you guys preview Brettonia. Im just a little confused about the timeframe of the new version. Will other factions such as Sylvania, kislev be part of the future of the mod? Just curious, I know it is a huge amount of work just to finish the factions you guys already have planned. I wish I could give you guys some help but this time Im neck deep in RL problems (nothing serious but Im lacking free time). By the way, looking forward to check the interfaces preview. And will the interface switcher also change portraits, ancillaries, etc for each faction, for example?
    Sylvania won't be present but there will be zombies, skeletons, ghost, etc as rebels in some eastern empire regions
    The Campaign Switcher changes UI's, portraits, sounds, voices, loading screens, quotes, ancillaries, texts, etc, etc, etc. Everything we want to be changed hehe. In fact, with the two campaigns we had reached the building number limit, so we are switching also the EDB and other files.
    Last edited by Kolwen; September 27, 2012 at 01:41 PM.

Is it possible to give an explicit description of the campaign switcher thing?

For me it sounds, that i have the cance to play two campaigns
    1.) Sundering
    2) Old World

The Factions for 1 are the Elvenkingdoms and which factions?
    and campaign 2 is what and which factions?

When is it planned to be released?

simple : you DL one file which contains both mod. you'll have one launcher which allow you to choose what you wanna play with a simple mouse scroll (1. classical Sundering campaign OR 2. Struggle for the Old World campaign).

if you played a Struggle for the Old World campaign and want to switch to The Sundering campaign, you'll just have to change the settings in the launcher.

Sundering campaign = classical campaign of our previous mod (the sundering)

Struggle for the Old World campaign = new campaign we are working on with complete new map (you can see on the trailer) and 13 factions (including High Elves faction which contains the best elven units from the Sundering). basically Struggle for the Old World is a complete standalone new mod. but didn't want to make two mods, two files, two forums...

for release, not date like all mods. progress depends on help we get coz we are so few...
    we need more 2d artists and texturers and help from coders too.
    Last edited by TWmadman; September 27, 2012 at 02:27 PM.

Wow this looks amazing. Your releases to date have been great but such a large expansion is very impressive.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Let me upload a video where the campaign switcher thing will be clear. Give me some minutes.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Ok, here is it. I hope this clarify something:

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

It is similar to the RSII launcher. I liked the idea to have the best of both worlds. Will You guys work on specific heroes for all factions? Basically heroes are a very important part of the Warhammer universe. And will there be mercenaries (dogs of war)? I liked that song from the old world menu.

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast