Currently deep into a relaxed Spain campaign, not interested in completing victory conditions, just attacking and defending.
So, here is what I'm looking for.
An efficient and useful SMALL army composition for Spain.
- 5-8 units, no more than 8, preferably closer to 6.
- Late game.
- Field army, not for city or castle battles.
- Not auto-resolved battles.
And the purposes of the SMALL army:
- The most cost effective and efficient army to inflict maximum focused damage on enemy stacks. I don't want any redundancies or 'dead weight' in this army.
- To neutralize an enemy stack in the field. Not necessarily destroy completely, but to render the enemy stack combat ineffective. Example is to target/eliminate the seige and heavy inf of an enemy stack that is presumably heading toward one of my cities/castles.
- The other side of that, is to hamstring an enemy field stack by taking out its cavalry and/or bows.
I understand there might be a few different compositions.
And yes, I like Jinetes but don't want 8 units of Jinetes in the army.