Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pike and Musket TW for MTW VI

cegorach's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Pike and Musket TW for MTW VI

Tomorrow I will update the on-line guide. In addition I will re-release the patch - this time with additional install with low resolution animations - thet will improve the game performance for weaker computers.

I started serious work on PMTW 2.0 - the final release.

Here are some new units will appear in MP mode:

AZTEC EMPIRE
    ============ >>>> FOR PMTW 2.0

Macehualtin

Levy Spearmen

Aztec Warrior Priests

Aztec Senior Priests

Ocelotl

Tepoztopilli Cuauhtli

Maquahuitl Cuauhtli

Otontin

Cuahchicque

Allied Warriors

Allied Bowmen

AZTEC-CHICHIMEC ALLIANCE
    ======================== >>>> FOR PMTW 2.0

Tlaxcala Shielded Archers

Tlaxcala Archers

Chichimec Bowmen

Chichimec Warriors

Elite Warriors

INCA EMPIRE
    ============ >>>> FOR PMTW 2.0

Aucakpussak

Auquiconna

Mancopchincuzcos

Ayllucuzcos

Cacacuzco

Amazon Guards

Inca Nobles

Inca Levy Spearmen

Inca Levy Bowmen

Inca Levy Warriors

MAPUCHE
    ================== >>>> FOR PMTW 2.0

Mapuche Scouts

Mapuche Warriors

Mapuche Pikemen

Mapuche Archer

Mapuche Horsemen

Mapuche Musketeers

It is a part of the updated on-line guide.

Regards Cegorach
    Enemy of 'illiberal democracies', member of the B.A.L.T.S.
    VISIT Pike and Musket forums VISIT the amazing site about PLC
    under the patronage of the mighty ASTERIX

I'm really looking forward to give your mod a try Cegorach, I've been reading a bit about it, seeing screenshots etc ... It looks fantastic! I'm going to wait a bit for 2.0 however, in the philosophy that I wouldn't have to abandon my campaign because of release of a new version. How are you progressing (asking this in a totally non-pressuring way)? :original:
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Hehehe, I used to play v1.0 and after lots of months playing Rtw I decided to give v1.5 a try.
    Gladly I did it, it's an amazing mod, probably the ultimate Mtw experience.
    As I only play offline I cant say about the multiplayer features but im loving the Sun king campaign as Portuguese.
    Cant wait for v2.

I agree. I've played a lot of Shogun, Mongol Invasion, Medieval, Viking Invasion, Rome, Barbarian Invasion, Alexander, and many, many, mods.This mod is without a doubt, the best total war experience I've ever had. The unbelievable variety of unit types not only adds to the gameplay but to the immersive feeling of the period. The Campaign A.I. attacks with large armies of top of line troops and will pounce on any weak points. Even the minor nations have a number of unique units. Conquered nations arise again, with formidable armies and leaders. A huge number of historical leaders appear, which gives the A.I. nations some great generals.

The degree of historical accuracy in this mod is unmatched, and the gameplay is even better. My Polish campaign is a dream. Husaria rule(unless they get lured into the woods , as the A.I. once did to me). But even husaria can get shot down.

I too, only play singleplayer. Nothing else in the Total War universe even comes close to the fun you can have with this mod.

I am actually looking forward to 2.0 more that I am to Medieval II. Cegorach, I beg you with all respect to complete 2.0.

Cincinnatus

PMTW 2.0 will be finished of course.

I have finished my time off when it comes to the mod so now I will continue with the project.

I will plan to have it released before December to finish the project on MTW VI and continue with the second edition for MTW2.

Fortunatelly I have a lot of new sources - books about XVI-XVIIth century wars are beeing published in Poland now at terryfying rate - even minor skirmishes are being described This means that the existing historical battles will be corrected concerning the historical realism and gameplay ( especially both Moscow battles) and a whole new set will be added.
    I also have some very unique ideas to use for ECW campaign and a new set of factions, historical heroes, units and animations. MOst likely also the battle maps will be changed to some degree - especially the castles.

Of course it means also finishing the descriptions and adding new pictures, music and similar - sometimes I wish I had less information to use, less imagination to implement it in the game and more free time too

Anyway the final edition is to have something to play while the MTW2 edition will be on its way. In many ways a much bigger project...

Regards Cegorach

Still trying to figure the building tree, so many new buildings
    I had the 1st contact with the inquisition
    And managed to win My 1st combat against rebels.
    So far so good, the aliances are in place, peace is rising My income and I managed to take a rebel province in France, all in less then 10 turns.
    But as there are so many choices of units I still cant figure wich ones I should go 1st ( Camel arquabuziers seems a secure choice).
    One thing I sure noticed, the Ai behavoer in combat is a dream compared with Rtw 1 and it makes each combat a chalange.

The first campaign is generally pikemen warfare with monstrous 180 men units fighting each other, but without decent cavalry support and firepower they are too slow and will be butchered.

I don't think I have shown the future map in TWC thread.

Basically central europe got several new provinces ( Rheinland-Palatinate, Holland, Luxemburg, Munster, Jutland, Royal Hungary, Eastern Prussia etc) while middle east lost a large number of unimportant and pretty useless ones.

Could someone give me - a Pike and Musket newbie - a short description and briefing on the situation/timeframe of each campaign?
    Looking forward to your mod even more, cegorach.

Talking about the existing PMTW 1.5 with the patch of course.

Age of Exploration

starts in 1480 ending in 1730 (historical end is in 1700 so no heroes appear after 1700). Second era starts in 1572, third in 1648.

Factions - Scotland, England, Portugal, Spain, Navarre, Granada, France, Switzerland, Milan, Genoa, Florence, Venice, the Knights of St.John (Rhodes), Bavaria, Saxony, Brandenburg, Hapsburgs, Denmark, Sweden, Poland-Lithuania, Hungary, Livonian Confederacy, Russia, Crimean Khanate, Kazan Khanate, Moldavia, the Ottomans, Georgia, Egypt + unplayable Pope,

Focusing on early wars with huge pikemen blocks ( 180 men in a unit) with improved firepower ending their reign after 1572 (slowly) - geographical discoveries, renassaince culture, religious wars etc are the background exploited by the techtrees.

Gameplay - large rebel territories allow quick (relatively) expansion except Italy which is a slaughterhause.

Religious Turmoil

starting in 1572, ends in 1850 (historic end in 1700 as above). Second era starts in 1595, third in 1648.

Factions - Scotland, England, Portugal, Spain, Hugenots, Ireland, France, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Genoa, Florence, Venice, the Knights of St.John (Malta), Bavaria, Saxony, Brandenburg, Hessen-Kassel, Hapsburgs, Denmark, Sweden, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Hungary, Russia, Crimean Khanate, Moldavia, the Ottomans, Georgia, Persia, Morocco + unplayable Pope,

Focusing on religious wars, especially in Germany and France. Pikemen are reliable and hard hitting close combat units, but musketeers have much greater impact than before. In late part of the game Grenadiers armed with flintlocks appear as the ultimate infantry unit.

Gameplay - harder to exploit and expand. Germany is a killing field, but the Ottomans give much entertainment too - especially if you are playing against them. Spain is the western superpower here.

Sun King's Ambition

Starts in 1648 ending in 1920 ( 1700 as above is the border line for historical heroes). There is only second era in 1673.

Factions - Scotland, England, Portugal, Spain, France, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Savoy, Genoa, Tuscany, Venice, the Knights of St.John (Malta), Bavaria, Saxony, Brandenburg, Wurttemberg, Hapsburgs, Denmark, Sweden, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Cossacks, Hungary, Montenegro, Russia, Crimean Khanate, Circassia, the Ottomans, Georgia, Barbary States + unplayable Pope,

Focuses on the expasion of France, new round of Ottoman wars and the decisive war between Poland-Lithuania and Russia with 'guest stars' - Cossacks, Sweden, Brandenburg, Transylvania (Hungary) and Tatars. Massive array of line infantry and cavalry units appear in later phase with numerous troop types available because earlier periods' units were thrown away.

Gameplay - Germany as always is a nightmare, but France is not the best neighbour too. Eastern Europe and the Balcans is one big battlefield too. The Ottomans and France are the 'big guys', but as before all the smaller factions add much to the mess.

Overall - campaign is probably the most difficult from all the mods ( I was bored with easy ones) because all the factions can cause a threat with hard decisions to make for a long time. Battles where enemy outnumbers you 5 to 1 are common, but worse situations happen often too ( 10 to 1 or my record 24 to 1). Playing the smallest factions is REALLY knife's edge stuff - sadly even an unlucky rebellion ( 5000+ are common) might mean annihilation.

Generally if you don't like stress don't play it - sometimes conquering less than 3 provinces after 80 turns is quite a lucky event...

Regards Cegorach
    Last edited by cegorach; October 21, 2006 at 03:47 AM.

Thank you, that was very informative.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

You've not named Denmark Danemark in your mod, have you?
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

I don't think so, even if I misspelled it here, sorry...
    Last edited by cegorach; October 21, 2006 at 09:15 AM.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Ah you got me worried for a second there :tooth:

Looking forward to your great mod cegorach.
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Wow this mod looks fantastic. That cegorach fellow must have invested a thousand hours or more to make this. And I just started playing MTW VI a short while ago and the excellent XL mod 2 days ago

This mod looks like the best of the best though. What am I gonna do? :hmmm:

In the last few posts there is mention of a newer version of this mod like 2.0 or something. Is it better we wait for that patch? Also I noticed from the Pike & Musket forum info that the time periods are all 200 turns which is one of the few things I don't like about MTW... timelimits. I'd hate to have a cool campaign get cut off by an end date so I quit one really cool campaign as the scots recently cause I was approaching the timelimit and was still only partly into a long, high bodycount vendetta with the Irish. I guess this is my request for longer campaign lengths. For me a cool campaign length would be like 400 or 500 turns which I would not likely ever use up but the safety of having it there feels good incase a war drags on.

Campaigns have about 270 turns each, which is generally enough to win.

PMTW 2.0 will come in some time, I would suggest to play PMTW 1,5 + patch for now - besides it is good to gain some experience at playing in PMTW era because it is very much different than in MTW VI or medieval mods for that. Many people lost several battles in PMTW despite their large experience from other mods or the 'vanilla' game - I take some pride from the fact that PMTW is most likely the hardest mod ever created for MTW.

Your arguments made me decide to add an optional install in PMTW 2.0 with much longer time limit - 600 turns should be enough I guess

Yes 600 is great! This mod yet continues to improve. You are a very considerate person cegorach, even if your name sounds like some kind of sea monster.

he, he, he

the nick I am using now for 8 years or so is from the WH40k universe

e.g.

http://www.thedancemacabre.com/

Love the mod dude,

But i have one major gripe....

The names of the kings seemed to be screwy. For example, i started a game in AGE OF EXPLORATIOn campaign as the English. The King is Edward II...which is wrong...Edward was late 13th century, not 1480...

So, i look over at the French, their king is Philip V, another late 13th century guy.

So i thought , this campaign must not be coded right. So i go over to Sun King's Ambition campaign and look at the King of France....you would expect to see Louis XIV, but lo and behold, i see Philip V. Is there a way to fix that or is it just my MTW screwing up?

Sorry but im just a stickler for historical accuracy [esp in this time period]
    Last edited by Desertfox; October 23, 2006 at 04:49 PM.

They are all messed up. For some reason I find it the most difficult to set them as they should. It is incredibly time-consuming and quite hard to understand too.

Anyway I will try to make it right - at least to some degree I can.

Regards Cegorach

Cegorach, I looked at the website you recommended in the link. What kind of game is that? PC game, mud or roleplaying game?

This would also be a fitting slogan for your 600 turn optional install:
    'When the curtains of the stage have fallen, only fools dare to think the play is over.'