View Poll Results: What game after Rome II?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • TW Rome III (NO REALLY? Not even Rome II is released!)

9 6.98%
  • Medieval 3

65 50.39%
  • Empire 2

54 41.86%
  • Shogun 3

1 0.78%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Next after Rome II?

Default Re: Next after Rome II?

I Cant decide between Medieval 3 and Shogun 3.

To Me Shogun 2 is and always will be with all these new dlc's the best Total War game, i love all the others besides Empire coz i never played it and a 3rd Shogun while it would be abit to soon due to it being the last 1 out before Rome 2 it would be so amazing still.

But...

Medieval 2 was also a very fun game and i believe if they bring both Medieval and Shogun together not act together i mean take things from Shogun and implement them into Medieval and any other total war game if im honest.

Things Like...

Multiplayer Campaign

But.... Maybe a totaly new total war like China or Native America before spain ruined it lol.
    Last edited by AeacidesOfEpirus; November 06, 2012 at 12:00 PM.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

It's obvious, Med 3, then Empire 2, then maybe some north American civil war expansion/standalone, then shogun 3, and so on...
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Next after Rome II?
    I think i did make a parody on that...

America125's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Hyzoran View Post
    The Three Kingdoms era in China. 184-280ish C.E. Perhaps include other regions around China during the period, including Mongolia, Korea, Vietname, and possibly India and the eastern Middle-east? Good Turbulent period with many interesting events.

It would be great IMO.
    I never thought of that thats sounds cool
    Last edited by Darth Red; November 06, 2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: double post

BigDogDavis's Avatar Senator

I'd like Empire 2, but if it took place in the Victorian era.

Gotta be Empire 2. Empire had so much potential, but, in the end, it was . They need to have another go, imo, now they've got past the ridiculous amounts of experimentation they had in it the first time around (naval battles, map, the introduction of (usable) firearms). The campaign map was botched a bit in the first, but I think Empire is the one era when they really could encompass the entire world, albeit with sections uncrossable, etc., and they can pretty much learn from all of their mistakes to make it what the era deserves.

The logical choice is Fall of Rome, detailing the era between 192-476 AD.

But I would really like to see a Legend of Galactic Heroes themed total war game.

WWI total war alllllll the way. Its doable, and would be great fun. There is no period in time when total war was more defined then this time period.

Dirac's Avatar Libertus

From the list, I would love Medieval 3: Total War.

But I don't understand some of you guys, who say that WW1 or WW2 is impossible, and let's stick to eras that we know CA can do, etc. I think most of us would say that the game as advanced as Shogun 2 wasn't possible 10-12 years ago, CA has very smart people, Rome 2 will keep us very busy for about 2 years at least I think, so I hope they will make modern total war.

The problem with a setting in a more modern period is a lack of line battles. It's all about being entrenched and using cover, though I had the thought that instead of directly controlling units, it could be possible to give units orders such as "hold this area" or "take this hill" with air forces acting as ship bombardment.

I would rather see something new, or at least new-ish. Victoria is my personal choice, because I want to see the entire world represented on the map and to be able to play as America from the get go in the Grand Campaign. My second choice is something based in East Asia focused around China, India, and Southeast Asia. There is a lot of potential for that game with very large armies and interesting technology/"fun" units. I think that was a missed chance for a pretty awesome Shogun 2 expansion, actually.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Well, I know this might not be really realistic, but I think it would be awesome if the next game will take place in World War II. Have factions like Natzis and Russians, England and France, and ofcourse the US

They can even add an air dimension (insane, I know) with planes fighting planes in battle map. Have Tanks, Warships and such....

Got to admit this kind of game would be damn awesome

Medieval 2 was my first total war and still in some ways my favourite. But I have played all other total wars and can see why most people dislike medieval 2 total war the most out of the series. Just the stiffness of the units doesnt work well on the battlefield opposed to romes more fluid moving units.

That is why I hope they make a medieval 3 total war using the new system. It just deserves a decent game of that time period.

Xeres2665's Avatar Ordinarius

THREE KINGDOMS. but failing that, id love to see them really tackle the close to modern era stuff. WW1//2. Air combat, Naval Combat, Ground combat all together = mind blown. the battle maps have to be much much much bigger than even what rome 2 has to offer to accomodate the massive areas in these wars...

OR any of the already released titles like Medieval 3 with an added gameplay element of you commanding a unit, fighting manually in the battlefield. they already have a unit head cam, why not just go further that as well. having said that, they can do so much with the titles they already have and just expand on the world. so instead of just the battles that you can zoom into, other aspects of the game can be fully fleshed out as well - things like doing the dueling missions yourself, or the assassination missions//sabotage missions, and not leaving it as an auto resolve would be awesome. I understand that this would take up massive amounts of effort//space//time to do, but if done well, youd have a crazy ass game.

China total war?

Ancient China, India, Korea and such.

If they make a WWI game I would start the game BEFORE the war started not after. There were a million different ways in which the alliance system and diplomacy could have gone in 1910 or 1912. I must admit if they start a WWI game after the war already started, it doesn't sound as much fun.

As for WWII, the diplomacy doesn't seem as fruitful and the battles would seem a little too complex.

So my vote goes for CA to produce WWI first, then Medieval III after that, then Bronze age.

Fall of the samurai really got me wanting Empire 2....

Trains, Ironclads, fleets that actually support the ground forces, gatling guns, rifles, etc etc.....

Gosh I want more of that.....on a larger scale

I expect medieval 3 butt I keep hearing that CA would prefer not to do that....and Empire 2 is admttingly too early

I do not want WW1 though......I'd like to see the games stay pre-1900

warhammer total war

BigDogDavis's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    Fall of the samurai really got me wanting Empire 2....

Trains, Ironclads, fleets that actually support the ground forces, gatling guns, rifles, etc etc.....

Gosh I want more of that.....on a larger scale

I expect medieval 3 butt I keep hearing that CA would prefer not to do that....and Empire 2 is admttingly too early

I do not want WW1 though......I'd like to see the games stay pre-1900
    They don't neccisarily have to call it Empire 2 for it to be in the victorian era. They could call it Victoria: Total War.

Could you just see it? European, African, North American, South American, Indian and Orientalist theatres all in one campaign?
    "God is fake because space and science."
    -Jimmy Neutron

Quote Originally Posted by sobchack View Post
    warhammer total war

Has "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" ever been considered for a Total War Game? Yes the story and the characters are fictional but it would be great to see heroes like Zhao Yun, Lu Bu, Guan Yu etc. as hero units or generals. I like the games touching that storyline. And a TW game would really be great

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast