Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: dIRECTOR's Cut for MOS 1.6.2

Default Re: dIRECTOR's cUT 1.4 for MOS 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by mav61 View Post
    Will the mod works up until i go into the battle screen now..when it loads you can briefly see the battlefield then it crashes with unspecified error
    Very strange, never saw that kind of crash. I recommend reinstalling TATW and trying again. Did you ever install (in your current installation) any mods other than MOS 1.4, the Expanded Map, and the Enhanced Ancillaries? Did you overwrite everything when you installed DC?
    Last edited by dIRECT0R; November 14, 2012 at 07:22 AM.

mav61's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by dIRECT0R View Post
    Very strange, never saw that kind of crash. I recommend reinstalling TATW and trying again. Did you ever install (in your current installation) any mods other than MOS 1.4, the Expanded Map, and the Enhanced Ancillaries? Did you overwrite everything when you installed DC?
    No i haven't i also have different mods installed SS6.4. Sicilian vespers. etc but all are mod folded shouldn't be interferring.
    And yeah had all those required mods installed before mergeing...when it goes into battle screen mode looks like theres a clash of textures something like that. it sort of reverts to windowed mode then the error message comes up.

I might do as you say but didn't your mod overwrite some vanilla files or did they only touch TATW files
    Last edited by mav61; November 14, 2012 at 07:40 AM.

Theres error in Suduri ( in descr_strat it have village level but have wooden palisade built which is from level town )

Quote Originally Posted by Eldain View Post
    Theres error in Suduri ( in descr_strat it have village level but have wooden palisade built which is from level town )
    Thanks for reporting. Here's the fixed descr_strat file. It of course goes to Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign, copy and overwrite. Future versions of DC will include the fix.
    Last edited by dIRECT0R; November 14, 2012 at 12:05 PM.

Hey director, wondering how many if your changes are already included in 1.4?

Also is there a stable version out?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire88 View Post
    Hey director, wondering how many if your changes are already included in 1.4?

Also is there a stable version out?
    So far as I know, no DC changes were included into MOS 1.4. The current version should definitely be stable for MOS 1.4. Though, tbh, if I were you, I'd wait a several days for MOS 1.41 to come out - and of course the compatible DC version. If, as Mike says, 1.41 is coming out in a day or two, its best not to start a campaign just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mav61 View Post
    No i haven't i also have different mods installed SS6.4. Sicilian vespers. etc but all are mod folded shouldn't be interferring.
    And yeah had all those required mods installed before mergeing...when it goes into battle screen mode looks like theres a clash of textures something like that. it sort of reverts to windowed mode then the error message comes up.

I might do as you say but didn't your mod overwrite some vanilla files or did they only touch TATW files
    You never know with these submods. I personally never ever saw the error, and I'm currently playing a version of TATW 1.4 + Exp.Map & Ancillaries. Its entirely possible that some mods other than TATW are somehow messing that up. Can't say.
    Last edited by dIRECT0R; November 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM.

mav61's Avatar Civis

So far as I know, no DC changes were included into MOS 1.4. The current version should definitely be stable for MOS 1.4. Though, tbh, if I were you, I'd wait a several days for MOS 1.41 to come out - and of course the compatible DC version. If, as Mike says, 1.41 is coming out in a day or two, its best not to start a campaign just yet.

You never know with these submods. I personally never ever saw the error, and I'm currently playing a version of TATW 1.4 + Exp.Map & Ancillaries. Its entirely possible that some mods other than TATW are somehow messing that up. Can't say.
    Thanks for that appreciate you takeing the time to help i'm sure i will sort it...cheers

I've received permission from ALHIMIK to incorporate his work here, and you can expect that the new version of DC for MOS 1.41 will include elements from the Gondor Armor Upgrades mod. I'm currently at work modifying the submod for 1.41, and will post a version as soon as possible.

Jabberjaw's Avatar Libertus

I've received permission from ALHIMIK to incorporate his work here, and you can expect that the new version of DC for MOS 1.41 will include elements from the Gondor Armor Upgrades mod. I'm currently at work modifying the submod for 1.41, and will post a version as soon as possible.
    Looking forward to it - his upgradable units look great.

Also, have been playing your 1.4 since yesterday without problems so far. Still getting used to "white" Gondor, but it's clear from the movies etc. that blue is not their natural colour. The only comment I could make otherwise is that the greens and browns of the central map nations are not quite as distinct/dissimilar as they used to be.

Now with MOS 1.41 out [and related mods, such as this one, to follow] I hope this will be the last round of upgrades this year...
    Last edited by Jabberjaw; November 16, 2012 at 09:03 PM. Reason: typo

mav61's Avatar Civis

Just want to say thanks dIRECTOR it wasn't your mod it was the original Mos got it sorted...so cheers again

Default Re: dIRECTOR's cUT 1.41 for MOS 1.41

1.41 is now up. Expect a small (save-compatible) update in the next couple days, containing a few fixed-up unit skins.

Cool, will give it a try now.

Cool, will give it a try now.
    Will appreciate any feedback and/or suggestions. Particularly bug reports.

Will appreciate any feedback and/or suggestions. Particularly bug reports.
    Cool - was waiting for your v.1.41 in order to update all across the board.

I have been playing as HE the last few days without incident, but will let you know if anything turns up [however it is often hard to know where the problem lies since I have your DC on top of the expanded map, on top of MOS, on top of TATW, on top of Kingdoms, on the patched M2TW!!!]

Hi there, great work. Only one thing ..... Speedyshare just for premium members???? How can i d'load for free ?

Quote Originally Posted by redinside View Post
    Hi there, great work. Only one thing ..... Speedyshare just for premium members???? How can i d'load for free ?
    Just for premium members?? What? Oh ffs.. I'll upload at GameFront, and see about more alternatives. Expect another download link or two by tomorrow.

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Hello dIRECTOR! Just came to give you some feedback. As always,great w0rk. The only thing I saw strange, you already know it (the word Quendi textures), As or the Speedyshare link, for me it worked just fine,and i'm not a premium member.

Well, off i go to my Gondorian campaign.

(BTW - i dowloaded it yesterday, today you already removed the link to speedyshare, but, for mee it worked just fine)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindjal83 View Post
    As or the Speedyshare link, for me it worked just fine,and i'm not a premium member.

(BTW - i dowloaded it yesterday, today you already removed the link to speedyshare, but, for mee it worked just fine)
    Well it worked fine for me 12 hours ago and I downloaded the entire thing ok, installed it, and have been playing 1/2 the day without incident.

Now, when I try the link, it won't initiate the download... Probably an automatic part of their paywall plan.

Just for premium members?? What? Oh ffs.. I'll upload at GameFront, and see about more alternatives. Expect another download link or two by tomorrow.
    No its not for premium members only, I just got the mod from there, the download link just isnt obvious, its the black title at the top.

No its not for premium members only, I just got the mod from there, the download link just isnt obvious, its the black title at the top.
    Sorry, but I try it and it doesn't work for me...