Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: dIRECTOR's Cut for MOS 1.6.2

Default Re: Director's Cut 1.2 for MOS 1.3

Laetus

Very Cool!!!

Correction: it might take a few more days.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

No rush good sir.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

I'm working to implement a few new modifications, in addition to carefully applying the previously-added changes, so its taking a bit longer than I expected

Quote Originally Posted by dIRECT0R View Post
    Oh very soon, in a day or two. Three at most.
    Very glad to hear you say: Oh very soon.
    I mean, you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by TanZHao View Post
    Very glad to hear you say: Oh very soon.
    I mean, you'll see.
    There's a whole bunch of minor tweaks I'm introducing. Nothing major, but imo it makes the game a lot more polished. For instance, I've just finished restoring the old 3.0 vanilla TATW menu graphics (imo they're plainly superior to the MOS version).

Jabberjaw's Avatar Libertus

I agree. While I am a big MOS fan, the faction graphics [when reduced down to menu button size] don't come across all that well. Often it's hard to decipher the factions except by their colours...

I do however rather like Mike's new EMM and Ancilliary graphics (but that's another topic altogether...).

Also, I am yet to try this mod here however, though not for recent lack of trying [I had tried a number of times to download from the link on page 1 but always get a download link error on the Gamefront homepage, or an annoying message to download a file of only a few hundred bytes (much like the ones recently evidenced in the new MOS 1.4 thread)].

Anyway, an alternate non-Gamefront download location will allow more interested guys like me to access this mod with less hassles (rather than heading off to try a different one that can be downloaded).

BTW - What is the max allowable for an attached file here?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberjaw View Post
    I agree. While I am a big MOS fan, the faction graphics [when reduced down to menu button size] don't come across all that well. Often it's hard to decipher the factions except by their colours...
    Agreed. I think you'll like the new menu.

I do however rather like Mike's new EMM and Ancilliary graphics (but that's another topic altogether...).
    So do I, in fact the next edition of DC will be tailored for MOS 1.4 + Mike's EMM and Ancillaries. You should install them, if you're interested in using this mod as well.

Also, I am yet to try this mod here however, though not for recent lack of trying [I had tried a number of times to download from the link on page 1 but always get a download link error on the Gamefront homepage, or an annoying message to download a file of only a few hundred bytes (much like the ones recently evidenced in the new MOS 1.4 thread)].

Anyway, an alternate non-Gamefront download location will allow more interested guys like me to access this mod with less hassles (rather than heading off to try a different one that can be downloaded).
    Sure. Any suggestions? This is a pretty big upload.

BTW - What is the max allowable for an attached file here?
    I have no idea .

Well I'm done and am currently uploading the new version to GameFront. If anyone's having trouble downloading from GF, please let me know where you'd like to see DC uploaded.

Jabberjaw's Avatar Libertus

The download problem discussions on the new MOS 1.4 page began around post 93. The Gamefront error I myself encounter is similar to that of posts 105 & 110

Some of the alternate options included: speedyshare or uploading (or maybe one of these en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_hosting_services)

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberjaw View Post
    The download problem discussions on the new MOS 1.4 page began around post 93. The Gamefront error I myself encounter is similar to that of posts 105 & 110

Some of the alternate options included: speedyshare or uploading (or maybe one of these en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_hosting_services)
    Ok, will try. It might take me a bit longer to upload, though, so expect the new DC 1.3 tomorrow for certain. It will be a version intended for use with Mike Golf's Expanded Map submod and his Ancillaries submod. Have a clean installation of MOS 1.4 (with Mike Golf's two submods) ready.

I will be expecting some feedback re the new shields I added to the Gondor militia and militia cavalry. Better? Worse? What about the shields on Gondor Archers? Good idea? Bad idea? I'm not sure on those two things, so any input is appreciated .

DC:
    Hehe.
    Can you tell me about the new DC 1.3 updated content?

Quote Originally Posted by TanZHao View Post
    DC:
    Hehe.
    Can you tell me about the new DC 1.3 updated content?
    Many little details, but the big things are the menu and the new (old) shields for the basic Gondor units. That's what the "1.3" is for .

Well,OK.
    I see.
    So,Gondor Archers new shields.
    In the EDU,it is have number?
    Like this:
    stat_pri_armour 11, 4, 0, metal ; partial plate / mail

Did you change 0 to 3 or 4,or any other number?
    Last edited by TanZHao; November 10, 2012 at 10:04 AM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Have you taken down the version for a clean 1.3 or can i still DL that?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Have you taken down the version for a clean 1.3 or can i still DL that?
    That should still up and running.

Nice; can you provide a link because in the OP there's only a link to the version for MOS+EM?

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Nice; can you provide a link because in the OP there's only a link to the version for MOS+EM?
    Agh damn it, no - its down. But let me break it down for you: the map-related changes are all in the "world" folder, so just don't overwrite that. The only non-map-related change in the world folder is the modification I made to descr_strat changing boromir's bodyguard to Gondor Infantry. So what you should try is this:
    • Download the +EMM version of this submod.
    • Copy the descr_strat file from the downloaded folder to your desktop.
    • Delete the entire "world" folder from your downloaded folder.
    • Then find Boromir's bodyguard entry in the (downloaded) descr_strat on your desktop.
    • And copy the entire entry to your own descr_strat (which you aren't going to otherwise modify), overwriting the vanilla entry.

To the best of my understanding, the submod should then work for "vanilla" MOS 1.3.

EDIT: Well here are a few screens of the newly-modified Gondor Militia. Still trying to fully perfect them, and I'm not completely sure whether the new shields are a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by dIRECT0R; November 10, 2012 at 11:15 AM.

Great, thanks for the instructions; intend to have myself a look around on the skins ^^