Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 631464748495051525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1244

Thread: dIRECTOR's Cut for MOS 1.6.2

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: dIRECTOR's Cut for MOS 1.6.2

Quote Originally Posted by jedi72it View Post
    I am not expert at using my pc, so i don't know how to use that command, anyway i tried the cleaner and reloaded but the problem is still there:

more precisely seems a bug with that Motte (Achnod), since i cannot even target it with my spy or other armies, it shows the red x saying <<cannot attack or perform missions over multiple turns>> or something similar....when trying to interact with the settlement.
    Too bad I didn't spot this earlier. This is a known problem with a known solution. Go HERE.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Too bad I didn't spot this earlier. This is a known problem with a known solution. Go HERE.
    Thank you Veteraan!!

and thanks to dIRECTOR for the fantastic submod!

The download link doesn't work to me. It prompts a SSL error.

Liamweed's Avatar Libertus

...Ive kinda hit a dead end on my Gondor campaign when the Sauron Knows! notification pops up and it tells you within 20-30 turn he will invade when the turn starts after that the cursor turns into the loading "Ring" and i cant click anything at all (apart from the "F2" notifications to summon a meeting) It seems i can double click settlements and characters but not use a single click to end turn exit from game ect so any help that doesnt include restarting the campaign would be appreciated XD

Quote Originally Posted by Liamweed View Post
    ...Ive kinda hit a dead end on my Gondor campaign when the Sauron Knows! notification pops up and it tells you within 20-30 turn he will invade when the turn starts after that the cursor turns into the loading "Ring" and i cant click anything at all (apart from the "F2" notifications to summon a meeting) It seems i can double click settlements and characters but not use a single click to end turn exit from game ect so any help that doesnt include restarting the campaign would be appreciated XD
    Not sure if its your patch thats doing this but its a clean install with UAC disable and all fixes aplied

How can I bring back the "new" models for the High Elves first tier units ?
    I love this sub-mod but that's my only complain.

Spardox's Avatar Libertus

This mod works with The Reunited Kingdom submod???

Quote Originally Posted by pardezio View Post
    This mod works with The Reunited Kingdom submod???
    I don't think so.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Ariël thinks correct.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

I had this effect in two campaigns (Eriador, Rhun). In my Eriador campaign I think I saw the reason for this behaviour.
    One AI controlled unit was just crossing a river with my unit standing nearby. it seemed to have used up all movement but could not remain at its position and was endlessly moving back and forth. Probably a special case of a unit using up movement while in the midst of a river and then relocating to nearest possible location.

To find out if this applies to your situation, bring up the console (that should still be possible) and type toggle_fow. Then search the map if there is a unit endlessly going back and forth.

got it now in a Gondor campaign. Happens to be at the same place as in my Eriador campaign. Mordor unit crosses Anduin near tirith Anduin and gets stuck in endlessly moving while a Lothlorien unit stands nearby.

While I cannot say if it has to do with DC, I never experienced this before installing DC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails endless move.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Ariël thinks correct.
    Thank you sir .

One things that solves all these odd problems is having a couple of saves separate from the autosave. update them a lot and you can go a couple turns back and avoid the problems as with all the variables in a turn they don't happen again.

I have gondor1 and gondor2 saves that I update every few turns and it basically safe guards everything.

does taking archet out of the arnor reforging event (campaign_script) allow arnor to reforge w/o archet?...i couldnt find a way to remove it from the elendilmir ancillary and was wondering if that would cause an issue?

If you have taken the requirement out of the campaign script, then open the text folder open the export_ancillary file, find the elendilmir ancillary and remove archet. It should not cause an error after you remove it.

As for the bug I reported earlier it only seems to apply on this mod/ update as iv played a good 1000 turns now on new campaigns without and problem whatsoever and :L i think iv seen a "Cheat" that will kill a army or character somewere for novellus reply but im not sure it works between turns and as i just decided to rage start new campaigns without this mod i didnt get to try a "quick save"? somebody mentioned as im not sure this would also work between turns

Foffy123's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by novellus View Post
    got it now in a Gondor campaign. Happens to be at the same place as in my Eriador campaign. Mordor unit crosses Anduin near tirith Anduin and gets stuck in endlessly moving while a Lothlorien unit stands nearby.

While I cannot say if it has to do with DC, I never experienced this before installing DC.
    As for the bug I reported earlier it only seems to apply on this mod/ update as iv played a good 1000 turns now on new campaigns without and problem whatsoever and :L i think iv seen a "Cheat" that will kill a army or character somewere for novellus reply but im not sure it works between turns and as i just decided to rage start new campaigns without this mod i didnt get to try a "quick save"? somebody mentioned as im not sure this would also work between turns
    It is fortunate that I tend to briefly browse the threads of mods before I download them. I just got into TA:TW yesterday and installed MOS and dIRECTOR's cUT shortly afterwards. After playing with dIRECTOR's cUT installed for a few hours, I had this bug happen to me (the spinning ring for a cursor, nothing else happening) and vaguely remembered hearing about that issue in this topic.

Long story short, thanks to novellus and Liamweed, I was able to connect the dots and find a workaround for this issue. If this happens to you, do the following:

1. Open the console and input toggle_fow to remove the fog of war.
    2. Look for a unit that is stuck moving back and forth across a river. I am unsure if it's only rivers, but that's where the unit was for me. (thanks to novellus for this part).
    3. Once you find it, get the name of the unit. I had to hover over one of the positions where the unit would stop for the name to appear.
    4. Move your cursor to one side of the river a short distance away from the unit and input show_cursorstat into the console.
    5. The numbers next to 'pos' are the coordinates of your cursor at the moment you used the previous command. Take the name of the stuck unit and those coordinates for use in the following command.
    6. Input the following command into the console: move_character "Unit Name" 123 456

As an example, here's what I input: move_character "Captain Eadbald" 235 186
    It may take a few tries to work, but the unit should finish its action and correctly 'end' the turn. I hope this helps anyone who has the same issue! Also, as CatoTheYounger said, it's definitely a good idea to keep a few manual saves every few turns just in-case.

Reading the install features... the size of settlements hacks you off? Modders constantly thinking about "lore" over gameplay hacks me off

you know as the whole point of total war is going back and doing things your own way as well as the experience of playing.
    Last edited by Liamweed; October 14, 2014 at 04:16 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Reading the install features... the size of settlements hacks you off? Modders constantly thinking about "lore" over gameplay hacks me off

you know as the whole point of total war is going back and doing things your own way as well as the experience of playing.
    Then do as every modder begin, and learn how to mod a, or some, matter(s) where you consider existing game, or modders opinion about their mod, differs from your perspective of what the game experience should properly be
    The Mod Workshop's tutorial section is the place start; you'll have a lot of fun I can tell you
    Last edited by Ngugi; October 14, 2014 at 04:58 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I really feel like copy and pasting the the Human rights act article 10 about Every person having the rights to there opinion. Could you please state were it turned into a insult rather than a
    statement?
    Last edited by Liamweed; October 14, 2014 at 07:13 PM.