Thread: how to shoot my gunz :3

Icon4 how to shoot my gunz :3

welp.... im at the point were cannons are a must on my campaign but everytime i click on them for a first person view and i target and shoot i always miss my target and i end up wasting much ammo so i give up and leave the al to target themselves so... any tips on how to aim and shoot your cannons i would greatly appreciate this
    Quote Originally Posted by George Orwell
    “Shall the common man be pushed back into the mud, or shall he not? I myself believe, perhaps on insufficient grounds, that the common man will win his fight sooner or later, but I want it to be sooner and not later—some time within the next hundred years, say, and not some time within the next ten thousand years. That was the real issue of the Spanish war, and of the last war, and perhaps of other wars yet to come.”

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Default Re: how to shoot my gunz :3

First. Put your gunz on, then try aiming a wee bit higher.

Or play Toba Fushimi, its a nice training map for Cannon Shooting at 3rd Person mode 101.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Juzt plaiz your gunz, aim and shoot themz
    U need mad skillz fo dat tho bro!

thank you two for taking the time for answering my questionz... and thank you too for all the lurkers who passed through here ... but didn't answer .... looks like i have a bit of practicing to do though i finished that campaign ( got my arse kicked ) and now am playing one as the oda and am thinking of playing one for the mod from chibi Date dude
    “Shall the common man be pushed back into the mud, or shall he not? I myself believe, perhaps on insufficient grounds, that the common man will win his fight sooner or later, but I want it to be sooner and not later—some time within the next hundred years, say, and not some time within the next ten thousand years. That was the real issue of the Spanish war, and of the last war, and perhaps of other wars yet to come.”

Remember the Deathstar.. use the force oppai(.)(.).

Obi-Wan approves.

Quote Originally Posted by oppai(.)(.) View Post
    welp.... im at the point were cannons are a must on my campaign but everytime i click on them for a first person view and i target and shoot i always miss my target and i end up wasting much ammo so i give up and leave the al to target themselves so... any tips on how to aim and shoot your cannons i would greatly appreciate this
    You could try practicing in custom battles. I usually miss too..or hit a tree. I try to aim it pretty much upwards and at the bottom of the reticle before I fire. I don't really use 3rd person much, aiming at units manually and letting your cannons fire gives much better results.

It´s normal to don´t get 100 % accuracy with artillery. I mean you shouldn´t hit every single time. Artillery is an inaccurate business. But much less so in Shogun 2 then previous titles.

I don´t take all that much care generally aim on the frontline of the units to get some rolling damage. Maybe it´s not the most effective dunno but I sure get lots and lots of hits.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Aim a bit higher. The further enemy is, the higher you aim.

In my experience, you must not aim more than a centimeter above the enemy.

Note, you must consider the bottom of the target reticule as the real thing. If you aim higher, make it so that the bottom of the reticule is no higher than 1-2 cm. The bottom layer is the actual reticule, all the lines above it are useless in most cases.

It is hard to explain....
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

i had to google reticule and it turned out its a women purse though it also means those sights little lines then?.... so the bottom line has to not be above than a centimeter but the others dont matter?? nice info thanks all you newcomers
    Last edited by oppaiO_O; September 25, 2012 at 04:57 PM.

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

If you want to be a little more exact...Try sticking a Transparent Ruler in front of your monitor when aiming so you'll get a reticule extension with measured scale...

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

WUTZ DAT?! DA BOSS SAYZ YOU NEED MORE DAKKA