Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer (Looking for unit balancers and experienced scripters!)

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Default Re: Divide and Conquer (Looking for writers and experienced scripters!)

No, that's not your description .

I just said that...

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    Oh yeah, that's Elvenkind. Sorry .
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

beos777's Avatar Semisalis

very nice guys...what faction can we wait next...?

Very nice review.
    If I may the Last Bridge settlement could be named "Iach Mitheithel" or "Methiach"... Such a general|English name does not fit. For me at least as I always rename English named settlements into Sindarin names... for Example East and West Osgiliath always become Dunosgiliath and Rhunosgiliath.

Keep up the good work!
    Let’s keep enjoying kings and wizards. But also remember to keep them where they belong.
    Where they can do little harm.
    Where they entertain us.

In fantasies...

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

That does sound good. It was sort of impossible to find a decent name for that town, according to Lore it shouldn't exist, but according to Vanilla and Gameplay it should so there was no information on naming. I think Methiach would suit better. Thanks for the suggestion.

Anytime. After so many maps I have drawn for lord of the rings RPGs, city and fortress names just pop up...
    Let’s keep enjoying kings and wizards. But also remember to keep them where they belong.
    Where they can do little harm.
    Where they entertain us.

In fantasies...

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir of the Galadhrim View Post
    Well it's confirmed in the lore that Gandalf and Galadriel had the power to fully dominate the Ring and use it to the level of Sauron, but there wouldn't be a point as they would just become the new Dark Lord after enough usage, they would become more powerful than Sauron though. (Please correct me if I am wrong, but I have read this numerous times.)
    Indeed:
    Only Sauron could master the Ring.
    Some people think Olorin-turned-evil would be more powerful than Sauron, I personally do not. But it is stated nowhere and Galadriel certainly would not. Beware of various unreliable internet sources; a 13-Y-O with an infatuation with Galadriel can state on the net that she would be more powerful if wielding the Ring. That does not make it true.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

You have a female modder!?? *ing Hell that is a first. She should have rep just for that.

I found a Lore disrepancy though, actually two; The Angle is not a middle man province, after the fall of Arthedain it is the main centre of Dúnedain population, and the task of the Forferyth is to protect all population of Eriador; Bree and the Shire, especially after Bilbo finds the Ring.

Previous page (Dunedain Preview), the Angle is Dunedain, the capital actually. It cannot recruit middle-men Local Militia, only Dunedain units. Has the only large population of Dunedain, massive Dunedain culture, etc etc. The preview shows what the Dunedain control, the RotN preview. In fact, the Dunedain's main battle will be protecting the Breeland from the Remnants of Angmar, they are in no position to build up massive populations with large armies with mass expansion. They may very well be one of the hardest faction's to play as.

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    You have a female modder!?? *ing Hell that is a first. She should have rep just for that.
    Search for Dragonborn Total War under Hosted Modifications, and check out some her beautiful units

If memory serves me right, she did Dorwinion for D&C

If memory serves me right, she did Dorwinion for D&C
    She did every new unique unit. So that's Dunedain, Dorwinion, most of Umbar, Dunedain of the North, Lindon, Dol Amroth, couple of Reunited Kingdom units, and more units for existing factions .

ruthless knight's Avatar Civis

i hope the best for the team!! this mod looks truly awesome!! great job so far guys!
    Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden!
    Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter!
    spear shall be shaken, shield shall be splintered,
    a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

This mod, Epic, it could be so epic! I hope just that victory condition would not only be total dominion. I would also like to see acually some victory conditions with a twsit, not just eliminate faction, but acually help faction to stay alive during a game, like lets say rohan ad gondor. Or do some missions and that and if one has high standing after awhile 2 or 3 factions bands together and become one. Something like rohvanion mod. Hmmm, maybe this is just wishfull thinking Anyway, that is f you re playing "good" faction, if evil than playing as Mordor and eliminating one by one, uh, that makes it all the sweeter maybe if several factions that are acually ore aligned to be good might panick, strengthen their alliances or acually enter the darkness and do the dark lords bidding. I am just throwing ideas..sorry for my rant, my imaginaton got best of me Hope this mod will kickstart eventually
    Fighting with the Wisdom, the Bosnian Kingdom

As far as I can tell the only two 'true' victory condition categories are take x and outlive y. Not sure whats possible with the campaign script...

Just a quick notice, soon (within the week, maybe even the next few days) I will post an Eriador (region, not faction) campaign map preview. This will be much more than simple border/settlement tweaks. Be prepared
    Last edited by FireFreak111; December 24, 2012 at 11:27 PM.

There is a way to have very complicated victory conditions but it needs some scripting. It will definitely not be in the first release yet but it is a good idea for a patch . The mod is called Divide and Conquer after all, not Conquer and Conquer even more .

Well I'm glad to see that this mod isn't dead as I feared it may be. Well wishes and most of all keep buggering on!

Thanks. I will say though great progress is being made on the strategy map. It's being extensively revamped, right down to hills, rivers and climates. Features like the South Downs or The Great Roads (North-South, East-West, etc), regions like The Shire or Enedwaith and rivers like the Brandywine or the River Isen are being revamped. The aim of all this is lore accuracy and geographical accuracy.

If you have any suggestions on the strategy map, areas you feel are misrepresented in vanilla and more, feel free to post them. Once I feel that enough work has been done previews will start coming.

Update: DaC now has the golden trees of Lorien
    Last edited by FireFreak111; December 26, 2012 at 06:34 AM.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Fantasic news! Would golden trees also on battle map be possible?

They will be on the battle-map too. It would be too jarring otherwise.