Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer (Looking for unit balancers and experienced scripters!)

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Default Re: Divide and Conquer (Looking for writers and experienced scripters!)

It is planned as Elven good crusade, the White Council but not for the first release..

It is Khazad Dum btw

sanderman2's Avatar Centenarius

Any News from you guys?
    Haven't heared anything for some time.

Laetus

I would like have news me too

Haven't heard something for quite some time, how's progress?

The progress is more than awesome, thanks to FireFreak111. He has made huge progress with the starting positions and map so when I finish the recruitment we can go to beta testing .

How long's that gonna take. Im very excited for this mod. It looks so freaking AWESOME.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Nice!

I've no idea. I think between 1 and 4 months but Baron said the same 6 months ago .

Give FireFreak111 some rep please

Really nice to read

Keep doing your excellent job guys.

Hope work is ongoing, I am neither a modder nor am I nearly as proficient with the lore as many of these people, but as a big fan of the Galadhrim, are there any changes compared to MOS?

For example: Galadriel existing? evil Galadhrim and Galadriel if the faction decides to keep the ring and then Galadriel goes all wicked witch of the west? anything along those lines? because it would be epic.

For example: Galadriel existing? evil Galadhrim and Galadriel if the faction decides to keep the ring and then Galadriel goes all wicked witch of the west? anything along those lines? because it would be epic.
    I concur it would be amazing(probably near impossible or just too time consuming at the moment) to make Gandalf, Galadriel, Thranduil, Boromir, Witch King etc have the ability to try and take the ring for themselves, obviously they would have to destroy Mordor? Perhaps an epic submod?

...I know lore buffs are screaming at their computers saying burn me as a witch but it would make the campaign more dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpire View Post
    I concur it would be amazing(probably near impossible or just too time consuming at the moment) to make Gandalf, Galadriel, Thranduil, Boromir, Witch King etc have the ability to try and take the ring for themselves, obviously they would have to destroy Mordor? Perhaps an epic submod?

...I know lore buffs are screaming at their computers saying burn me as a witch but it would make the campaign more dynamic.
    Well it's confirmed in the lore that Gandalf and Galadriel had the power to fully dominate the Ring and use it to the level of Sauron, but there wouldn't be a point as they would just become the new Dark Lord after enough usage, they would become more powerful than Sauron though. (Please correct me if I am wrong, but I have read this numerous times.)

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

Northern Dúnedain WIP Preview

Faction Symbol:

The Rangers of the North are no ordinary men. They are the last remnant of the Dúnedain. They came from a continent in the west called Numenor. Blessed with gifts from powers higher than all, they were a proud nation. Over time though the Hearts of Men failed, and through the treachery of Sauron their land was sunk beneath the seas.

Those who's hearts were still Faithful survived Numenor's destruction, and sailed to Middle-Earth where the realms of Gondor and Arnor were established, with Arnor the seat of this joined Kingdom. Gondor was a vast land throughout the south, and Arnor encompassed nearly all of Eriador. Sauron has survived the destruction of Numenor, and returned to Mordor. He invaded Gondor, igniting war throughout Middle-Earth. To defeat him an alliance of Elves, Men and Dwarves called the Last Alliance was formed. They defeated Sauron, cutting the Ring of Power from his finger.

After King Elendill and his son Isildur died, Arnor and Gondor became separate Kingdoms. Arnor prospered for over 800 years under the rule of Isildur's descendants. However, after Eärendur, the last King of Arnor, died his three sons split Arnor between themselves. The realms of Arthedain, Cardolan, and Rhudar were established. Arthedain was the only realm to stay true to Isildur's line. Unfortunatly, the forces of evil still roamed the wilderness. The Lord of the Nazgul established Angmar in the north, and through a massive invasion destroyed all the realms of Arnor. Although he was defeated in the end, Arnor had been annihilated.

Not all the Dúnedain were killed though. Though their cities were destroyed and their forts broken, their perseverance and heart survived. The last Dúnedain have kept the line of Kings alive through the Chieftain of the Dúnedain. For nearly 2000 years the Dúnedain have endured. They have not been idle though. The majority of the Dúnedain took up the bow, becoming Rangers. The Bree folk do not know that the Dúnedain are the reason they still live.

The Orcs are stirring. Sauron will soon strike. Gundabad is mobilizing. Goblins crawl throughout the Misty Mountains. It is time for the Rangers to embrace their Dúnedain Heritage and drive these Orcs back into the foul pits they once can from.

Campaign Map:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Capital of the Dúnedain and Trollshaws

Position Assessment:
    The Dúnedain have a responsibility, and that is to protect the Breeland. They must also keep the line of Isildur alive. They protect and man the cities, castles and watchtowers of old shattered by Angmar. The population in these places is deadly low. They are powerful places, and are the lifeline of recruitment for the Dúnedain. However, the economy, the breadbasket lies in the Angle and the Middle-Men province of Mitheithel. The Dúnedain can only be recruited in the lands of Arnor, of the Dúnedain. Elsewhere, they must rely on local Militia recruited from provinces they hold anywhere in Middle-Earth.

New Units (aside from Vanilla units):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by FireFreak111; January 08, 2013 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Added spoilers

Gondolin's Avatar Tiro

Sound like a good faction for great futur campaign
    Will you use Taro's skin for Dol Amroth soldier ??
    Last edited by Gondolin; December 08, 2012 at 06:06 PM.

Yes, Dol Amroth preview is already on the first page. We will use parts of Taro's stuff.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Sounds very interesting faction to play with

Whom to rep for the content of this preview?

Firefreak mostly, he did the map, starting positions and all other stuff to finish up this faction. Squeaks did the units, so also rep to her. I've done the recruitment system.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    Firefreak mostly, he did the map, starting positions and all other stuff to finish up this faction. Squeaks did the units, so also rep to her. I've done the recruitment system.
    Lol, and the pictures for the preview of the units?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Oh yeah, that's Elvenkind. Sorry .

And my description?

The one that isn't mine?