Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer (Looking for unit balancers and experienced scripters!)

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Default Re: Divide and Conquer

Quote Originally Posted by sanderman2 View Post
    Shame there are so few people working on this mod , since there were allot more

But i hope the hardest part or longest is done .

Gl guys looking forward to it , already since end 2011 / begin 2012 so >)
    I hope we have enough people. We already have quite a big part done. We now need to finish the stuff for the campaign (starting positions, armies, etc and a couple of factions still need their units assigned to the barracks and such), balanced units and lots of smaller things.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpire View Post
    Why don't you guys ask AD(alreadyded) for help finishing this amazing submod, as that guy is a one man modding army?
    Quote Originally Posted by the lightning legion View Post
    i think AD would rather devote his time to his own submod and who could blame him hes done so much work already
    He is most likely busy with his own mod and I don't think he will have time to help another big mod.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryHollp View Post
    Good luck to you as a new leader!
    Thanks

sanderman2's Avatar Centenarius

I hope we have enough people. We already have quite a big part done. We now need to finish the stuff for the campaign (starting positions, armies, etc and a couple of factions still need their units assigned to the barracks and such), balanced units and lots of smaller things.
    So I don´t know what is most work in these mods , cause i just play em and not make em. ( That´s why i love you guys who make mods in free time)

What you said about what must be done , is that a huge part or is the huge part done?

The biggest part is done. I'd say we're on like 60-80%. Can you write perhaps? Like faction descriptions?

Icon6 Re: Divide and Conquer

Nice to see this is up and running again! I'd be willing to help write a bit as well if needed, but please credit me as Arandil
    "Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!"

sanderman2's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    The biggest part is done. I'd say we're on like 60-80%. Can you write perhaps? Like faction descriptions?
    As i said , I´am no modder.
    The only thing i´ve ever done is making ancillaries.
    I´am also not of English origin so my english is not the best.

But the 60-80% news is good to hear!

Nice to hear about 60-80 yep x)

I wish you safe coding (and others)!

The Colonel's Avatar Biarchus

Will this have all the mods that Baron Samedi's old compilation had?

Trailhog250's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
    Will this have all the mods that Baron Samedi's old compilation had?

I am not sure.. EoH probably knows though. I believe it may have been planned at some point. But with Baron's departure from TWC (for an indefinite amount of time), I highly doubt it will make it into the first release.

Baron always said that he would look into it when we would start with the scripting part. I have to look into his exact words when we start with it, permission issues and such. It will def not be in the first release.

The Colonel's Avatar Biarchus

Ok because I was under the impression that as he was going to move on to this compilation, all his previous work was going to be implemented here. It is a shame too because I absolutely love some of his stuff, especially the reunited kingdom part of it. One thing I don't understand about ownership of mods is if merely the concept is protected OR if they actual coding is protected. I love this feature and would love to see it happen.

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

Can we have more faction previews?
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!

Quote Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
    Ok because I was under the impression that as he was going to move on to this compilation, all his previous work was going to be implemented here. It is a shame too because I absolutely love some of his stuff, especially the reunited kingdom part of it. One thing I don't understand about ownership of mods is if merely the concept is protected OR if they actual coding is protected. I love this feature and would love to see it happen.
    That's not the case. He did move to this mod but that doesn't mean his other mod will be merged with this one. The reunited kingdom will be in btw. It's already a planned DaC feature for years.

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

When Baron and I talked about the other thing we began (and never finished), he said to me that his stuff would be in DaC, specifically the one ring thing he did, and a lot of what he did later was part of what we talked about back then, if I remember correctly.

I don't have time for anything much, but I do have the proper Easterling models for Dol Guldur, based on Disgruntled Goat's models (just messed with). I'll answer your pm Emp; Umbar I do have some of, but it would take some work I think. Not too hard to meddle with, but it means finding them again, which is not so easy, but not impossible.

It's not good to hear that all of the oldies have gone, but it's good to see that you're there. I'll do the little I can, so I'll dig the Easterlings and the Umbar lot out. Do you still have the Dol Amroth video? It's using blue units, but it's still cool; that's what prompted the change to silver.

Nice to know about Baron's work. I've postponed most scripts to the second release/patch though.

Great news. I'll pm you btw which Umbar units I have in game right now .

Hmm, it should be around somewhere. I'll look for it.

Rhaenys Targaryen's Avatar Campidoctor

This looks epic! Can't wait to see more previews!

Aldor's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Bowmaster View Post
    Can we have more faction previews?
    And a release date, popcorn and ...

Been looking forward to this being released for a long time and I'd like to help in anyway I can. I've got no skill for modding or coding, but I'd be happy to help write descriptions and anything else you need. Feel free to email me details on what you need and the specifics of what you're looking for.

Thanks for the offer. Do you think you could write faction descriptions?

Just to say that we are looking for a scripter that can help us in the devellopement of the mod. For the moment i'm alone, and i need some help. You just need to have time, and make no faults. In fact scripting is not difficult, and it would be really helpfull.

I can do faction descriptions. Are there any specific ones you need?