Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer (Looking for unit balancers and experienced scripters!)

Senator

Default Re: Divide and Conquer (Looking for unit balancers and experienced scripters!)

I have a question, will there be AoR units with different skins for good/evil factions?

Default Re: Divide and Conquer (Looking for unit balancers and experienced scripters!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbustaz View Post
    I have a question, will there be AoR units with different skins for good/evil factions?
    That is sadly answered with a simple no. There are AoR units but none have different skins depending on the players alignment. Sorry.

Senator

ah, well, cannot have everything. Still it would look strange for my Gondorian mumakil it have eyes painted on them. Maybe in the future?

I don't suppose we'll see a release before September gets into full swing?

I always found annoying that heroes can gain negative traits (and epithets) and villains good ones, with even honor (instead of dread) points for orcish faction.
    Will DaC provide a different system? Say yes please

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbustaz View Post
    ah, well, cannot have everything. Still it would look strange for my Gondorian mumakil it have eyes painted on them. Maybe in the future?
    Maybe in the future. Although I have not seen any mod that uses faction specific skins for AoR units I am afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmonstra View Post
    I don't suppose we'll see a release before September gets into full swing?
    Hahahahahahaha! When have you ever known a mod team to give away any clues about major releases? I can assure you that the mod is closer than ever before but there are many small bugs needing to be fixed and balancing issues with factions so it will still be some time yet.

With honor/dread points I mean respect/fear in-game

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    Hahahahahahaha! When have you ever known a mod team to give away any clues about major releases? I can assure you that the mod is closer than ever before but there are many small bugs needing to be fixed and balancing issues with factions so it will still be some time yet.
    Oh yes, and it always come back to bite the developers in the ass haha, so we quickly learn to avoid promises like leprosy

"A mod is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

sanderman2's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Oh yes, and it always come back to bite the developers in the ass haha, so we quickly learn to avoid promises like leprosy

"A mod is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
    A quote reaaly , as There is only one Lord of that quote, only one who can bend it to his will, and He does not share quotes.

There is 0.o
    When I pulled it the first time back in 2011 it didn't seemed known, even KK laughed to it (which was big to a little TATW forum noob in those days) ^^

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Gandalf is ok then , as even the King Kong laughed to it .
    2011 , wow iam here since 2010 and still can't mod

Haha well it's never to late to correct that, when I came here 2011 I had never modded in my life, nor did I belive I ever would be able to.
    If you have an idea of a tweak, wisest with something small to minimize risks to get stuck early, then go here and learn how to. Lots of fun promised ^^

Tiro

This Quote was made just to distract people...

And as I like (really like) to bet I want to hazard a forecast about the release date which will be (IMO) in October, not in September.

If I am wrong I will use that faction I hate most: the bloody dwarves.

Love bettin'.

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

Nothing wrong with the Dwarves.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Leggy View Post
    Nothing wrong with the Dwarves.
    <--- The only dwarf I like.
    Last edited by Vankar; August 27, 2013 at 03:43 AM.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Haha well it's never to late to correct that, when I came here 2011 I had never modded in my life, nor did I belive I ever would be able to.
    If you have an idea of a tweak, wisest with something small to minimize risks to get stuck early, then go here and learn how to. Lots of fun promised ^^
    Have done that for some time , learned some basic things but i don´t have much time for modding. Can do some ancillaries and that kind of stuff, tho gonna look how moddable Rome 2 is gonna be. Don´t expect much tho..

Tiro

Don't you fear that the cultural difference between the men of the west and Mordor might star a war between these factions ?

Same for Dunland and Isengard ?

I ask this cuz i have also no idea of how it works
    Last edited by Vankar; August 29, 2013 at 09:56 AM.

I always found annoying that heroes can gain negative traits (and epithets) and villains good ones, with even honor (instead of dread) points for orcish faction.
    Will DaC provide a different system? Say yes please
    With honor/dread points I mean respect/fear in-game
    Bump

@Arkay, As far as I am aware, (and I have been testing many factions for a while now) there is no feature restricting traits for good or bad characters. I may be wrong and have just been absent minded but I say with some certainty that no, there is no system. Sorry.